Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest: Stealing Thunder

DarthBloodloss
05.23.2013 , 06:59 PM | #11
This fight should be super easy. In the phases where you can't hurt him, you take practically no damage. Just keep healing yourself and walking around clicking every single console. Before you actually click anything, stand 15' away and wait for the red AoE to target you. Then run out of the AoE to click the console. Keep healing, running around, and clicking. You are missing the click parts during the "you don't take much damage" phase.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Artanisia
05.28.2013 , 07:24 AM | #12
I basically did what the previous posters wrote: click both consoles downstairs, run around like a headless chicken, activate two upstairs consoles, run around like a headless chicken, kill repair droids, run around like a headless chicken. Kick Isotope-5 droid every now and then to keep it from health resetting, rund around like a headless chicken. Use healing companion.

Took me 4 tries but I eventually beat the bastard.
Welcome to the Dark Side. The cookies were a lie.
SGRA Thread FAQ SGRA Clarifications Thread

SaChang
07.17.2013 , 10:24 PM | #13
Omg I tried this over and over again doing most of what you have already posted here and I still do not get the droid to die. I think this quest is bugged or you need at least a partner to help click on consoles to beat him.

DataBeaver
07.18.2013 , 08:14 AM | #14
I did this just fine with my sorc healer and Xalek as my companion. Didn't have any resets. I suppose that might happen if no one hits the droid for a while, though it reeks of poor design.

AshlaBoga
07.18.2013 , 09:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SaChang View Post
Omg I tried this over and over again doing most of what you have already posted here and I still do not get the droid to die. I think this quest is bugged or you need at least a partner to help click on consoles to beat him.
I can assure you that you do not need a partner.

Found this 5 minute vid of someone killing it, sometimes explanations are less useful than a video
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

belhawk
07.18.2013 , 10:54 AM | #16
i always use a healer for this quest, may not be needed but it makes it easier.
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Dell 24" U 2711
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 680 w/331.65 o/s: Win 7 64 bit
audio: X-FI Fatal1ty Recon3D case: CM Storm

DarthBloodloss
07.18.2013 , 02:34 PM | #17
1) There's no time limit
2) The mobs do trivial damage as long as you can heal at all

1) Damage the boss.. Heal.
2) Click consoles. Take your time. Heal.
3) Go to step 1.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Waystednut
07.22.2013 , 01:20 AM | #18
Fought for a good 20-30 minutes my first attempt, noticed the immune stage, tried the lasers upstairs to no avail, so i came and checked this thread out. First try doing it in the order explained, done! Thank you all that gave explanations, was very helpful to say the least.