Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quest: Stealing Thunder

Kepin
04.18.2013 , 06:36 PM | #1
Can anybody give me any tips on beating the Prototype Droid. Been going at this a week now, I'm a Sorc with Khem.

TyrKartelos
04.18.2013 , 10:47 PM | #2
The big isotope 5 droid? you need activate the two defense consoles on the ground floor and then activate some condoles on the top rafters. Kill adds, use heals.

Blazer
04.29.2013 , 06:26 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrKartelos View Post
The big isotope 5 droid? you need activate the two defense consoles on the ground floor and then activate some condoles on the top rafters. Kill adds, use heals.
I did this for over three hours yesterday, there has to be more to it.
Spoiler
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there a certain order things need to be done in?

Iwipe
04.30.2013 , 09:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
I did this for over three hours yesterday, there has to be more to it.
Spoiler
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there a certain order things need to be done in?
You only need to activate two of the turrets up top to get the droid to take damage here. The two panels below are not required but they do help with the fight. Not sure why the droid resets though.

The droid becomes immune to damage at 3 health intervals so you will need to activate the two turret up top three times for the entire fight.

jasonthelamb
04.30.2013 , 09:56 AM | #5
You should only go up top when the grate under the droid turns green and the droid goes "down" and becomes immune, run upstairs and click two, it dumps the lava on it, rinse and repeat; DPS the droid until it goes down, dont just let the turrets do the work

belhawk
04.30.2013 , 04:37 PM | #6
use your healer companion for healing.
stop short of panel, so that the area red beam is short of control panels, until droid red beam targets u and then race to panel and click on it both down stairs and upstairs.
on the upstairs control panel, pick the 2 opposite each other to release lava.
kill protection droids when they appear.
u have to reset the 2 panels downstairs to be able to use panel upstairs.
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Dell 24" U 2711
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 680 w/331.65 o/s: Win 7 64 bit
audio: X-FI Fatal1ty Recon3D case: CM Storm

Blazer
04.30.2013 , 06:55 PM | #7
I knew I never should of came back to this game, this is so frustating.
One of two things I can get to happen.
Spoiler

So I don't know what to do, can I bypass this quest some how to continue the Makeb story line? For anyone that did get past this, what was the next area you went to? Maybe I can just go there to continue the Makeb quest line.

belhawk
04.30.2013 , 07:07 PM | #8
what i did, i click on both panels on 1st level and then went to the panels directly above the 1st level panels. Alarms will sound and u Have to kill the protector droids that show up.
bring your healer, prototype is05 droid packs a good punch.
if u do it correctly, lava will fall on him. Then repeat until dead.
before each panel, stop a good distance, the diameter of his red ray attack. Once it highlights where u are, run to the panel and click on it.
I let the bunker's defense systems attack the big droid. I just ran around dodging the red rays, clicking on control panels, and killing the small protector droids that show up
cpu: intel i7 3820 w/8 gigs ram monitor: Dell 24" U 2711
gpu: 2x eVGA gtx 680 w/331.65 o/s: Win 7 64 bit
audio: X-FI Fatal1ty Recon3D case: CM Storm

Naejard
05.23.2013 , 02:37 PM | #9
For the reset, make sure you hit him each time you go activate the defence systems. He appears to reset if you do not hit him for too long.

Seireeni
05.23.2013 , 02:52 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
You only need to activate two of the turrets up top to get the droid to take damage here. The two panels below are not required but they do help with the fight. Not sure why the droid resets though.

The droid becomes immune to damage at 3 health intervals so you will need to activate the two turret up top three times for the entire fight.
O.O I've done this 2 times now and both times, when the droid destroyes the turrets that are activated downstairs, the upstairs panels turn into unclickable until I've turned thhe downstairs ones on again.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy