Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 4/18/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.18.2013 , 01:22 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
When adventuring on your Trooper which companion do you choose to have at your side?

Personal Answer: Aric Jorgan. He is a purrrrfect fit for my Trooper.
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

04.18.2013 , 01:56 PM | #2
You must be new to Trooper...

Elara. She's the ONLY viable companion while leveling. Nobody else can come close to player DPS and the tanks do a pathetic job holding aggro.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

04.18.2013 , 01:56 PM | #3
Dorne. Due to game mechanics, it's best to have a healer along with my tank.

This is a problem for all classes. It would be a nice QoL improvement to be able to switch any companion's role. That way we can choose the companion based on desire rather than game mechanics.

04.18.2013 , 01:58 PM | #4
M1-4X. Since i'm a healer, i prefer to send 4X in then stand back and heal him, occasionally getting off a mortar volley or other AoE. I have tried Tanno Vic but... Come on, 4X has the best companion voice in the game. Fact.

EDIT: To answer the above, 4X does a fantastic job holding agro, along with my threat drop abilities
RIP Star Wars

04.18.2013 , 01:58 PM | #5
Forex! Who doesn't love "blazing Imperial scum in a blood-filled display!"?
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

04.18.2013 , 02:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Elara. She's the ONLY viable companion while leveling. Nobody else can come close to player DPS and the tanks do a pathetic job holding aggro.
Pretty much this.
I'll take care of the killing and holding aggro and Dorne will keep me alive.

04.18.2013 , 03:13 PM | #7
Tanno Vik. i would rather be able to summon all five.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

04.18.2013 , 03:45 PM | #8
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

04.18.2013 , 05:02 PM | #9
Jorgan. We rip through everything before it can touch us.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

04.18.2013 , 05:28 PM | #10
My Commando is only lvl 31, and runs around with Elara Dorne. Ditched Aric when I could. For some reason I never liked him, maybe because of his introduction on Ord Mantell. I don't hate him, but like Elara better. Nice accent too. Pity my femTrooper can't romance her. Ah well...
Founder, Living Legend, The Red Eclipse + The Shadowlands
Severe case of Altoholicism!
Total characters EU: 20 Level Capped at 60: 6
Total characters US: 8 Level Capped at 60: 1