Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove the shackles

ZeroPlus
04.19.2013 , 04:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CounterfeitBubba View Post
My problem with the shackle boss is this:

When the smoke comes down and its our que to run to a safe corner we all start to run in that direction, and at that exact moment the boss decides to put shackles on me as my other 3 teammates are running to safety.

So there I am shackled and my evasion ability doesn't work to remove the root. I haven't tried the new covered escape. Anyways... my teammate come back to me to remove the shackle and we are both caught in the fire and die or he doesn't reach me intime and I die and he lives.

It's that part of the timing for shackles that I dispute. The boss shouldn't decide to shackle me as we are running to safe corner.This cuases wipes to occur.

This happened to me 4 times in a row on one run in cadimimuu, but didn't happen the other 3 times I ran this place to me or anybody else. Perhaps it was bad luck but might be worth looking into by the devs.
Don't wait for the smoke!

The boss gives ample warning with his "keep firing" shout. Immediately start moving to the center of the room. Once there it is easy to see which "quadrant" has no smoke and move towards it. If the boss does knockback you then, he will normally be "pushing you into" the safe zone.

As mentioned in a previous post, this fight isn't about killing the boss (that happens naturally). It is about staying alive (breaking shackles, moving out of the fire, positioning so you aren't knocked into a fire zone). Make that your number 1 priority and the fight becomes simple.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

abokado
04.19.2013 , 05:29 AM | #22
The fight is actually pretty easy.

The group stands in the MIDDLE of the room, in the little path. The tank tanks the boss at those little boulder things in each of the quarters, with his back to the group. So when the boss knocks him back he knocks the tanks right into the group and he positioned himself correctly he will remove the shackles from himself or the group AT THE SAME TIME.

We wiped yesterday a few times because some of us always got shackles when the fire was about to come down, but with this method it was a breeze. Melee stand at the same place as the tank.

DarthFamine
04.19.2013 , 06:36 AM | #23
ok we dis it last night, for the first time in 61/63 mostly.

I had 3 black market pieces and so did the main tank.

we one shotted him.

The shackles was a fun mechanic, and was pretty easy to deal with.

I did drop at the end of the fight because I got caught by a rocket plume. but the boss went down less than 5 seconds after I did. and I was the only one that died.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Loknido
04.19.2013 , 07:41 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugattiboy View Post
Remove the shackles from HM Cademimu. It the makes FP practically unbeatable. I mean what are you supposed all 4 people get shackles? Or everyone is given shackles and then knocked into the fire.
1. I think this fight is designed for only 3 ppl to be shackled at a time, I've never seen 4.

2. It's not hard to see who's shackled if you're paying attention, if you get knocked into a fire use CC breaker, it's the
only time you should use it any other time your group should be doing it

3. people are saying spread out but i usually stack my groups next to me with our backs to a wall, if you're stacked and i get more than one person shackled i just sprint to them (assassin tank) and break their shackles including my own if i have them since my talent breaks any movement impairing effect when i sprint

4. People need to stop whining about how "hard" the new FP's are. You should instead ask what others are doing and figure out what you're doing wrong. if any fight is "hard" it might be the bonus boss in Hammer station and that's only cause the healer/tanks need to pay attention to what they are doing since he can hit like a truck.
Imdabes

Lasica
04.19.2013 , 07:49 AM | #25
Took 3 attempts today, eventually got luckly and only had to move twice to kill him. The shackles as he calls down the rocket fire is what wiped us the first two times. People are already moving and the tank or someone gets shackles back in the previous square it's an almost certain wipe.

I found it easiest if I (as scoundrel healer) focused on the shackles because I had good mobility and there is bugger all damage being done to the tank.

brlarson
04.19.2013 , 03:19 PM | #26
Just did my second run through and this time we didn't wipe once. We had two rdps so we spread out behind the boss while the tank kept him facing the wall. I don't know how I didn't notice how obvious the shackle attack is last night, must have been more tired than I realized. There's a distinct sound and you can see something arcing through the air toward the target. As long as you anticipate this it should be much easier for you.

Mavery
04.19.2013 , 03:40 PM | #27
After my first experience with the General on the PTS I knew non-guild groups were going to have an extremely hard time with this fight. This thread demonstrates it.

The shackles need to stay. Do not remove them. If they are removed, the fight is trivialized. This is not -that- difficult of a mechanic; it simply requires situational and positional awareness (something that many players tend to lack, unfortunately).

Pay attention to your surroundings and this guy will go down quickly.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

Tmanarl
04.19.2013 , 07:22 PM | #28
I popped 55 last night and jumped into Cad HM. I had 1 guildie with me and 2 pugs. Once the mechanic was explained to me I was able to use my new "covered escape" ability to bust others shackles. I didn't see any issue?
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 55 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 55 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 55 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 55 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 55 Sith Marauder | Calvaria: 23 Sith Assassin

Earley
04.22.2013 , 09:51 AM | #29
This fight is so fantastically easy I just can't see how you an fail more than a couple of times in a row if you spread out, use snare breaks and run to the vacant quadrant quickly enough.

Wallach
04.22.2013 , 10:55 AM | #30
I just did this HM for the first time last night and was a pretty easy one-attempt fight.

The only thing I noticed that I thought was strange was that I could not break another person's shackles if my Hydraulic Overrides was active. It would break mine but I had to click it off to be able to break anyone else's.