Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underworld PvE Relics

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Underworld PvE Relics

dipstik
04.22.2013 , 06:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Why? Tech Elemental *does* use the Tech crit chance, while Force Internal uses the Force crit chance (verified via parsing).

Based on your analysis, as well as the on-use vs proc power analysis, I would say the relic choices are pretty much what they used to be: internal/elemental proc + on-use power unless you are a gunnery commando/arsenal merc, in which case you want the kinetic/energy proc + on-use power. If you absolutely cannot bring yourself to time an on-use power relic, or you have a spec without any significant burst phases, it's probably better to use the on-proc power relic.
i wasn't able to find an underworld tech internal or tech elemental relic. maybe i missed it but i looked for like 5 mins.

KeyboardNinja
04.22.2013 , 06:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
i wasn't able to find an underworld tech internal or tech elemental relic. maybe i missed it but i looked for like 5 mins.
Oh, that's awesome…

I agree with you, that seems like a very serious omission.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

dipstik
04.22.2013 , 09:20 PM | #13
yeah i made a thread about it in general and sent eric a PM...

done all i can do.

nbayer
04.23.2013 , 02:45 PM | #14
From what I have seen the power proc gives you more average power per second than the click, the power click gives you the power when you need it though. I plan on using damage proc + power proc for normal circumstances and swaping teh power proc with power click for bosses where that it advantageous.

steave
04.23.2013 , 05:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
From what I have seen the power proc gives you more average power per second than the click, the power click gives you the power when you need it though. I plan on using damage proc + power proc for normal circumstances and swaping teh power proc with power click for bosses where that it advantageous.
Personally, I very much doubt the damage proc relic will outperform any of the power relics, so I'd go power proc and power clicky.

nbayer
04.24.2013 , 07:18 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Personally, I very much doubt the damage proc relic will outperform any of the power relics, so I'd go power proc and power clicky.
It may vary by class. For gunnery commandos at least it outperformed PVE and PVP power relics at the DG level. I wouldn't count it out. 352ish damage every 7.5 seconds or so is substantial.

steave
04.24.2013 , 06:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
It may vary by class. For gunnery commandos at least it outperformed PVE and PVP power relics at the DG level. I wouldn't count it out. 352ish damage every 7.5 seconds or so is substantial.
Well, so is a rough average of 150 power (~36.2 bonus damage) from the proc power and 106 average power (~26.6 bonus damage) on-demand for syncing with other CDs, and you may even be able to sync up the 550 proc power with high damage abilities - like with a RS for me as a PT, or with unload+HSM for a merc (not sure about commando names). You might be right though.

Synavix
04.24.2013 , 07:29 PM | #18
Also keep in mind that the on-use Power relics can only be calculated in a "best" worst-case scenario. What I mean by this is that when calculating an estimated DPS value, they assume two things: the relic is used roughly on cooldown, and that the full cooldown is part of combat. However, this is rarely the case. Fights last 3 minutes, or 4:30 minutes, not in exact multiples of 2 minutes. If a fight only lasts 30 seconds, you're still getting 2 minutes worth of relic DPS in that shorter 30 second time span, if that makes sense. This advantage becomes smaller the longer a fight goes, but even if a fight lasts 5 minutes, you're getting 6 minutes (3 uses) worth of relic DPS into that shorter period. Any fight with downtime (phase changes, invuln phases) amplifies this because you are essentially losing uptime on proc relics (because you're no longer doing anything to proc it) while gaining overall uptime on your on-use relics (because you're getting 'free" time off of the cooldown, meaning it's unavailable for less of the actual fight). It's very difficult to actually theorycraft the actual DPS value of these on-use relics, and is extremely dependent on group comp and skill level (how long each boss takes to kill in relation to the 2 minute cooldown periods) as well each individual encounter. As a general rule though, they're very strong relics and *if* you are good about using them often and at appropriate times ( <-- emphasis here), they are often deceivingly stronger than most people give them credit for.

I'll most likely be going on-use Power and proc Power most often.

tl;dr: On-use Power relics are strong.

ArchangelLBC
04.25.2013 , 01:25 PM | #19
I'm using the DG relic of boundless ages and the underworld relic of serendipitous assault. I know those damage proc relics are deceptively good in how much they add, but I likes me some power.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Khevar
04.25.2013 , 03:11 PM | #20
When I started looking at my parses, I was really unhappy with the damage proc.

I got the DG Kinetic Tempest before 2.0 based purely off of advice on the forums, and never really tested it. When I started getting the 2.0 relics, and spend a bit of time parsing, I saw what should have been obvious to me before. The proc damage relics don't scale with main stat increases or with power rating.

Crit + surge will help, but crit is hard to come by in 2.0. Grav Wave typically accounts for a total of 30 dps over the course a longer fight using the DG Kinetic relic. But the power relics add up for quite a bit more as their affect applies to the hard-hitting attacks.

I'm currently running with the Underworld Serendipitous and the Partisan Serendipitous. Hopefully I can get the Boundless Ages soon and parse with the clicky and see how that goes.