Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

LvL 55 PvP Gear from Vendors is a Joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
LvL 55 PvP Gear from Vendors is a Joke

WIZBASKY's Avatar


WIZBASKY
04.17.2013 , 11:11 PM | #1
I finally dinged 55 just now, while waiting for my first WZ to pop I was looking at the Trooper PvP armour vendors.

The stats on lvl 55 gear in some cases is lower than the stats on my lvl 50 WH gear that I have had for ages doing lvl 50 PvP for Ver 1.7.

Here are my stats in lvl 50 PvP gear from 1.7 with mostly WH stats, with a couple of EWH pieces, this is with the lvl 55 WZ bolster active.

COMMANDO
HP = 26,820
Damage = 1057 - 1509
Expertise = 1867 (takes off relics it goes to 1950)
END = 2255
AIM = 2223
Accuracy for ranged = 96.52%
Crit chance = 28.73
Crit Multi = 72.80%
PvP Damage Boost = 55.65%
PvP Damage Reduction = 35.75%
PvP Heal Boost = 18.86%

I bought no new gear and I fitted no new gear while levelling from 50 to 55, every augment, armour, mod is exactly as same as when I PvPed at 50 during 1.7

I just saw a lvl 55 Commando in the 1st WZ I went into and he had about 28k hp, but only 1500 Exp, didn't look at other stats.

I do not see the point in gearing up with new 55 gear when the stats are lower that lvl 50 gear, go look for your self.

The stats I have now seem pretty good, not amazing but better than recruit gear at lvl 50. I could understand gearing up if stats pushed me to 32k hp and 1800 damage on weapon and 2100 exp, that sort of jump, but in most cases my stats will go backwards if I buy something from the vendor.

Biggest fail PvP update ever, you would never see this crap in a WoW expansion there stats jump significantly.
**** me no new MMO's or new games worth playing for about 2 months so I am stuck playing this crap.
Wìzbasky - 60 Operative - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sorcerer - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sniper - The Bastion - Server
Youtube Channel =Wizbasky

Zorash's Avatar


Zorash
04.17.2013 , 11:18 PM | #2
*** your complaint is that lvl 50 gear has better stats then lvl 55 gear, yet you don't show a single shred of evidence. Showing us what your surge % is and what not is completely useless. If you really think lvl 50 pvp wh gear is better than lvl 55 partisan gear then show an actual comparison of the stats.

WIZBASKY's Avatar


WIZBASKY
04.17.2013 , 11:38 PM | #3
well no one has full lvl 55 Vendor gear yet, so hard to do a comparison, and you can't use vendor stats as Bolster will change that, but based off what vendor stats are vs my stats, there is no benefit.

when you get to 55 and you start to look at buying some new gear with you hard earned comms, you come tell me if you think the effort was worth it.
Wìzbasky - 60 Operative - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sorcerer - The Bastion - Server
Wizbasky - 60 Sniper - The Bastion - Server
Youtube Channel =Wizbasky

mrekxxx's Avatar


mrekxxx
04.17.2013 , 11:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by WIZBASKY View Post
I finally dinged 55 just now, while waiting for my first WZ to pop I was looking at the Trooper PvP armour vendors.

The stats on lvl 55 gear in some cases is lower than the stats on my lvl 50 WH gear that I have had for ages doing lvl 50 PvP for Ver 1.7.

Here are my stats in lvl 50 PvP gear from 1.7 with mostly WH stats, with a couple of EWH pieces, this is with the lvl 55 WZ bolster active.

COMMANDO
HP = 26,820
Damage = 1057 - 1509
Expertise = 1867 (takes off relics it goes to 1950)
END = 2255
AIM = 2223
Accuracy for ranged = 96.52%
Crit chance = 28.73
Crit Multi = 72.80%
PvP Damage Boost = 55.65%
PvP Damage Reduction = 35.75%
PvP Heal Boost = 18.86%

I bought no new gear and I fitted no new gear while levelling from 50 to 55, every augment, armour, mod is exactly as same as when I PvPed at 50 during 1.7

I just saw a lvl 55 Commando in the 1st WZ I went into and he had about 28k hp, but only 1500 Exp, didn't look at other stats.

I do not see the point in gearing up with new 55 gear when the stats are lower that lvl 50 gear, go look for your self.

The stats I have now seem pretty good, not amazing but better than recruit gear at lvl 50. I could understand gearing up if stats pushed me to 32k hp and 1800 damage on weapon and 2100 exp, that sort of jump, but in most cases my stats will go backwards if I buy something from the vendor.

Biggest fail PvP update ever, you would never see this crap in a WoW expansion there stats jump significantly.
**** me no new MMO's or new games worth playing for about 2 months so I am stuck playing this crap.
0/10 again next useless thread

Dawginole's Avatar


Dawginole
04.18.2013 , 12:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorash View Post
*** your complaint is that lvl 50 gear has better stats then lvl 55 gear, yet you don't show a single shred of evidence. Showing us what your surge % is and what not is completely useless. If you really think lvl 50 pvp wh gear is better than lvl 55 partisan gear then show an actual comparison of the stats.
This has been known for months. Why does he need to show you? WH main stat and off stat were higher than on the equivalent piece on EWH. The difference was that end and overall exp went up on EWH. So many folks kept their mods and enh from WH for their min/max and just upgraded armorings/barrels/hilts to get the best build.

I have already checked this as well. On the Partisan gear the armorings were better, but the old WH versions of adept and deft stuff were still better. I was originally planning to just upgrade all my armorings, hilts, ear piece, implants to Partisan/Conqueror and keeping all my WH mods and enh as that would have provided the best str/pwr/srg build for Sentinel, but now they've screwed that up.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

KhalDrogoe's Avatar


KhalDrogoe
04.18.2013 , 12:13 AM | #6
Yeah, I can acquire better gear doing flashpoints than grinding 100's of warzones to get conqueror gear. What is up with that?

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

Ineedavacation's Avatar


Ineedavacation
04.18.2013 , 01:19 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Yeah, I can acquire better gear doing flashpoints than grinding 100's of warzones to get conqueror gear. What is up with that?
Its completely broken and makes no sense. I love these idiots defending Bioware and Mr. Peckenpaugh when the just S--T THE BED.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
04.18.2013 , 01:29 AM | #8
Full Partisan with one EWH relic Are you comparing your old auged gear to the new un-auged gear? That might be the reason to why it looks worse. My stats, or atleast bonus damage, are higher in warzones.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
04.18.2013 , 03:13 AM | #9
I've experimented with using PvE and PvP gear. Last experiment: PvE Helmet & Chestpiece vs. PvP Helmet & Chestpiece. The PvE stuff was all rank 63 with purple 22 augments. The PvP stuff was straight Partisan (rank 63) with blue 28 augments. So the augments obviously helped the PvP gear. When I swapped to PvP gear, my expertise rose by 16 pts. My health dropped out 200 HP. My base damage on abilities dropped marginally as well. In other words there was negligible net effect.

Which brings up the question - why bother?

Aiden_Lalocyd's Avatar


Aiden_Lalocyd
04.18.2013 , 06:19 AM | #10
I can tell u that i have full partisan gear augmented with level 26 augs and i currently sit at:

2400 strength
27k HP
23% crit
75% crit multiplier
2018 expertise

so trust me full partisan destroys current wh/ewh gear everyday of the week. I love it when i hit those guys for 8.7 k dispatches all day.
Aydan - 55 Guardian
Liono - 55 Shadow
Carrick - 55 Gunslinger (Valgten Legacy) POT5 - FIRESTORM
Jayna - 55 Sage