Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So why isn't Kreia mentioned at all?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So why isn't Kreia mentioned at all?

Darth-Obvious
04.19.2013 , 04:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
They did shoot his dog in a sense. They created a game where everything doesn't revolve around Revan

So in TOR he gets his revenge. Kreia is reduced to a generic Sith fangirl. The Exile dies a meaningless, ignoble death. And we find that Revan, naturally, has single-handedly been keeping the Emperor and the Empire at bay all these centuries and also prevented it from capitalizing on the Sack of Coruscant.
Yup, that's pretty much how I looked at it too.

Bioware wanted to be the ones to develop KOTOR2 and continue the story they created and while KOTOR2 didn't exactly step on the toes of anything that was written before it did introduce alot of things, characters, etc, that Bioware wouldn't of done had they continued the story.

I think the way Lucasarts handled the situation just left a bad taste in Bioware's mouth. Like "You guys seriously could'n't have just waited for us to finish Jade Empire?" and look what ended up happening as a result of that. We did end up getting a KOTOR2, but at a what cost?

pauljc
04.19.2013 , 05:44 PM | #22
I thought KOTOR 2 was great. I get maybe BioWare wanted to make their own sequel later but jeez guys put on your big boy pants and work with what they gave you instead of being so transparently petty.

jovianus
04.19.2013 , 07:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
I think the way Lucasarts handled the situation just left a bad taste in Bioware's mouth. Like "You guys seriously could'n't have just waited for us to finish Jade Empire?" and look what ended up happening as a result of that. We did end up getting a KOTOR2, but at a what cost?
Well that's not Obsidian's fault. I doubt Bioware could have done any better if Lucas Arts had suddenly gone, "Oh, the game's only half finished? Ship it out immediately anyway, we want it in stores for the Holidays."

Pietrastor
04.19.2013 , 08:33 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post

Bioware wanted to be the ones to develop KOTOR2 and continue the story they created and while KOTOR2 didn't exactly step on the toes of anything that was written before it did introduce alot of things, characters, etc, that Bioware wouldn't of done had they continued the story.

OK seriously, criticism is one thing and conspiracy theories another. Bioware was simply more interested in making new IPs at the time rather than KOTOR 2. They personally recommended Obsidian for KOTOR 2.

Darth-Obvious
04.19.2013 , 08:44 PM | #25
Well that's not Obsidian's fault. I doubt Bioware could have done any better if Lucas Arts had suddenly gone, "Oh, the game's only half finished? Ship it out immediately anyway, we want it in stores for the Holidays."
I don't know, it always seems like Obsidian gets pushed around by big publishers. I agree that it's not their fault, but if they had waited and let Bioware develop it, then they could've also had a bit more patience in terms of rushing it out the door.

I feel like Bioware would've had more pull in the situation, but then again Lucasarts wouldn't wait for them to finish Jade Empire first, so who knows.

Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
OK seriously, criticism is one thing and conspiracy theories another. Bioware was simply more interested in making new IPs at the time rather than KOTOR 2. They personally recommended Obsidian for KOTOR 2.
I'm not saying that Bioware hated Obsidian, I'm saying they didn't like how the whole situation of KOTOR2 was handled, ie the way Lucasarts handled everything.

And to some degree somebody was unsatisfied with KOTOR2 or else we would've had more references to it and what was there would'n't have been treated so poorly. I would say it was Drew Karpyshyn, but he didn't write the Sith Warrior storyline

Slowpokeking
04.19.2013 , 08:48 PM | #26
Again, Darth Traya could be lying, remember she was facing a Dark Council member and the Emperor's Wrath, it's not wise to reveal her true purpose.

Darth_Wicked
04.19.2013 , 10:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Again, Darth Traya could be lying, remember she was facing a Dark Council member and the Emperor's Wrath, it's not wise to reveal her true purpose.
Her true purpose would seem to be alone and forgotten, not a plan to take over the Galaxy.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link FAQ )
Quote: Originally Posted by The Devoted Ones ( AKA, Raving Mad )
THEY'RE RUINING EVERYTHING! I SEE IT. WE SEE. BUT THEY DON'T SEE.
THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE EYES!

Uvirith
04.22.2013 , 04:03 AM | #28
Traya would have made a perfect master for the Sith Inquisitor
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Hirilonde
04.22.2013 , 07:06 PM | #29
They did shoot his dog in a sense. They created a game where everything doesn't revolve around Revan

So in TOR he gets his revenge. Kreia is reduced to a generic Sith fangirl. The Exile dies a meaningless, ignoble death. And we find that Revan, naturally, has single-handedly been keeping the Emperor and the Empire at bay all these centuries and also prevented it from capitalizing on the Sack of Coruscant.
I'm not sure that tracks, given that as soon as Revan is freed, he basically goes genocidal, dips back into the old Rakatan superweapons, and is well on his way to becoming Darth Revan again when he is rather brutally put down by Imperial agents who, shockingly, actually have the moral high ground on this one (Revan was planning to kill ANYONE who had Sith (as in Pureblood) genetic material... which worked out to over 90% of the Imperial populace. Civilians. Families. Children.)

In the end, all of his character development in KOTOR is undone, and, as he says as he quotes Malak, "In the end, I am nothing"

No, Revan got shafted just as hard as the Exile or Kreia.

GAG_Caedus
04.22.2013 , 08:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Traya would have made a perfect master for the Sith Inquisitor
I never thought about this. If so, SI story would be my favorite.