Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So why isn't Kreia mentioned at all?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So why isn't Kreia mentioned at all?

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
04.17.2013 , 07:14 PM | #1
I mean, she's like one of the most unique, memorable and complex characters in Star Wars universe ever. Furthermore, SHE is the one to drop the bomb that the true Sith Empire still exists and is coming back. How could she get ignored like this?



And please don't say "she's that one that's in love with the Emperor". It makes as much sense as Britney Spears receiving Vocalism Lifetime Achievement Award.

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
04.17.2013 , 08:53 PM | #2
Same reason they ignore the rest of KOTOR 2 except for bastardizing it by letting every 'noob' run around with a Nihilus mask.

I mean as you say, she dropped the bomb about the Sith Empire. Oddly enough, though, she failed to foresee the death of the Exile, the only person she really seemed to care for.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

kirorx's Avatar


kirorx
04.17.2013 , 09:10 PM | #3
I thought there was a certain entity I one of the class stories that is her, though her name was never said

There is a Q and A about it where the bioware guy says its her butI don't think he wrote that part of the story so he we not 100%

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
04.17.2013 , 09:36 PM | #4
ITs pretty certain its her whataver we like it or not.
by the codex
Quote:
Darth Barasís rise to power has been facilitated by his enslavement of a Sith spirit known only as the Entity. Baras dominated this centuries-dead Sith into using her powers of precognition and farseeing to aid his ascendancy onto the Dark Council while plotting the destruction of all enemies in his path. The Entity chafes at her enslavement, desperately seeking freedom from this ignoble fate. Centuries ago, she nearly brought the galaxy to its knees and all but eradicated the Jedi Order; to be used as a mere political tool by Darth Baras is an insult to these past deeds.
I dont know who could fit the description if not Kreia.
Certainly not without its flaws, but that seems the general ideia.
Not suprising given that KOTOR 2 was made by Obsidian and not Bioware... yet a part that matters here is lucasarts for obvious reasons, wich was the same publisher of the 2 games, if im not mistaken. How could they be so careless. Very badly managed in my opinion.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

JacenHallis's Avatar


JacenHallis
04.17.2013 , 09:36 PM | #5
Spoiler
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Darth-Obvious's Avatar


Darth-Obvious
04.17.2013 , 10:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
I mean, she's like one of the most unique, memorable and complex characters in Star Wars universe ever. Furthermore, SHE is the one to drop the bomb that the true Sith Empire still exists and is coming back. How could she get ignored like this?



And please don't say "she's that one that's in love with the Emperor". It makes as much sense as Britney Spears receiving Vocalism Lifetime Achievement Award.
Not much of KOTOR2 exists in TOR and I have to imagine that has alot to do with the fact that Bioware didn't make KOTOR2.

KOTOR2 didn't really extend the first game or rather it was more of a game set in the same universe, and same time period, more than it was a direct sequel. As a result of that though it made it really easy for Bioware to ignore alot of it when it came to TOR.

This is actually pretty common for Obsidian's games. For instance I don't imagine that Fallout New Vegas will have much of an impact on Fallout 4 if any at all.

Solo-Jo's Avatar


Solo-Jo
04.17.2013 , 10:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Obvious View Post
Not much of KOTOR2 exists in TOR and I have to imagine that has alot to do with the fact that Bioware didn't make KOTOR2.

KOTOR2 didn't really extend the first game or rather it was more of a game set in the same universe, and same time period, more than it was a direct sequel. As a result of that though it made it really easy for Bioware to ignore alot of it when it came to TOR.

This is actually pretty common for Obsidian's games. For instance I don't imagine that Fallout New Vegas will have much of an impact on Fallout 4 if any at all.
Which is very strange considering that the Kotor campagin book for the Star Wars RPG put out by wizards of the coast has everything from both games in them, but then again their cannon Revan is a girl and Bio's is a man. SO who knows.

Whoops make that Revans a guy and its the Exile thats a girl my bad

jovianus's Avatar


jovianus
04.18.2013 , 01:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JacenHallis View Post
Spoiler
I'll try to find the link, but I'm pretty sure a Dev actually confirmed that at some point.

Darth-Obvious's Avatar


Darth-Obvious
04.18.2013 , 04:30 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Solo-Jo View Post
Which is very strange considering that the Kotor campagin book for the Star Wars RPG put out by wizards of the coast has everything from both games in them, but then again their cannon Revan is a girl and Bio's is a man. SO who knows.

Whoops make that Revans a guy and its the Exile thats a girl my bad
That book was put out by a third party company (Wizards of The Coast) and as such they're not as invested in the product as somebody like Bioware is/was.

KOTOR was created by Bioware, it was their story. They planned to continue that story, but Microsoft wanted a follow up game right away while Bioware instead wanted to do Jade Empire before doing KOTOR2. This is why Obsidian was brought in to develop KOTOR2 and why the game was so rushed, but ultimately KOTOR2 was Obsidian's game/story and not Bioware's.

I can see why Bioware would't want to touch upon KOTOR2 given how the whole situation was handled.

Pietrastor's Avatar


Pietrastor
04.18.2013 , 07:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
ITs pretty certain its her whataver we like it or not.
by the codex
I dont know who could fit the description if not Kreia.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious the Codex entry is supposed to refer to Kreia. But then, if it wasn't for that Codex entry, no one would even think that there was any connection intended. The Entity doesn't look like Kreia, doesn't sound like Kreia, nor anything she says or her personality fits Kreia at all.