Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Minimum HP for new ops?

remohunta
04.21.2013 , 10:03 AM | #21
My Vanguard tank is pretty much optimized with all 69's including mods and enhancments except 2 armorings that are dps cause I run FP alot and a couple pieces dont drop the armorings for tanks.

I have 34k hps

The biggest difference currently is the mitigation. Im about 10% off of what I had pre 2.0 as far as shield chance and shield absorb without counting like using blast and a relic.

Geared Like I am right now running FP's is super easy and I can hard carry an undergeared healer.

I managed to get to HM operator in TFB
Have yet to do S&V but I suspect I can do sm clear and possibly do hm

Delta_V
04.21.2013 , 11:45 AM | #22
As a Sentinel, I can tell you that HP is not a very good indicator of effectiveness for dps. A lot of our gear comes standard with Guardian Armorings (the high-endurance version), instead of Might Armorings (the high-strength version). Some of our gear also has the -A or -B mods, which also have more endurance than we want.

End result: a dps in optimized gear should have noticeably lower health than one in un-optimized gear of the same level.

However, I can tell you one thing: 21k health is definitely not enough for a tank. Last night, a few guild members and I had to pug for a tank. We ended up getting this guy in Recruit gear who had less health than both dps. We were feeling generous, so we gave him a shot, but ended up kicking after he couldn't hold agro or stay alive.

Earley
04.22.2013 , 11:12 AM | #23
FYI, on my Powertech, I have a full set of 162/69 from HM FP drops, only one or two MK-9 augments installed so far, and I have 32k-33k health, can't remember the exact number. We start Scum & Villainy Tuesday and I feel like I'll be fine.

Ocho-Quatro
04.22.2013 , 11:15 AM | #24
In about 75% 69, and 25% 66... my arsenal mercenary is sitting on 30.4k... However, I am thinking about ripping 2 of my non-set bonus 69 armorings, and sticking my DGs back in there, losing a little End/Aim but picking at least my 2-set bonus back up.
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy