Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

malcher
04.25.2013 , 02:29 PM | #51
I am in the middle of both (seeker and bino) quest chains and already have doubts whether is it worth going further if I have to spend hours LFGing for the final heroics. The solo parts are quite fun though (well, beside the frustrating seeker droid mechanics).

Doyletdude
04.25.2013 , 02:38 PM | #52
I have two seperate things to say, they might sound contradictory but they aren't.
I do NOT think this needs to be nerfed. i have very much enoyed the challenge. I had guildmates help with the first two heroic 4s, and that was fine. BUT...
there is a design "flaw" that needs to be changed in the final shroud H4, and thats the part where all 4 group members must actively be on the quest to hit the puzzle buttons. i dont think finding a group would be so hard if you could have anyone help you, but contrary to a previous post they must all be on the quest to get past the second room at. changing this may fix most peoples problems.
but no i dont want them to nerf the difficulty.

Nyysjan
04.25.2013 , 04:27 PM | #53
Only the console requires a quest holder, other buttons can be pressed by non questers.
But it seems the quest bugs at the 4 droids before last boss unless everyone does not have the quest, which stopped my group on it's tracks tonight.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

JoseWan
04.26.2013 , 01:40 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Doyletdude View Post
I have two seperate things to say, they might sound contradictory but they aren't.
I do NOT think this needs to be nerfed. i have very much enoyed the challenge. I had guildmates help with the first two heroic 4s, and that was fine. BUT...
there is a design "flaw" that needs to be changed in the final shroud H4, and thats the part where all 4 group members must actively be on the quest to hit the puzzle buttons. i dont think finding a group would be so hard if you could have anyone help you, but contrary to a previous post they must all be on the quest to get past the second room at. changing this may fix most peoples problems.
but no i dont want them to nerf the difficulty.
This makes sense to me.

Asavrede
04.26.2013 , 02:48 AM | #55
I have been trying to get a group for these (H4's in macrobinoculars and seeds) for 3 days now. Everyone in my guild has already done them ages ago, but I took my time doing other things first - apparently noone on fleet wants to do them. So ...

Hybridial
04.26.2013 , 03:16 AM | #56
We should have eldergame channel where messages would show to 50+ characters only.
Nar shaddaa (and Ilum) are quite empty for these h4 end missions. Or group finder for them.
Spent an hour looking for group on shaddaa and we 2 man the first part. Then looked for another hour, got 2 more but had to do the first again for one groupie.
Hybridial (55) Sith Sorcerer -------- Hybridiag (29) Jedi Sage
Hybridiax (42) Sith Juggernaut ---- Hybridiar (55) Jedi Guardian
Hybridiac (55) Powertech ----------- Hybridian (55) Commando
Hybridiaw (55) Sniper --------------- Hybridiad (29) Scoundrel

zzoorrzz
04.26.2013 , 04:25 AM | #57
I'm wondering why people look for a group on Nar Shadda in the first place. If I was looking for a group for that quest, I would certainly look on the fleet.

Lung_Tien_Lien
04.26.2013 , 04:45 AM | #58
I don't know what they were thinking when they made the last parts into Heroics that anyone would only ever do once. Good luck finding a group in a few months. I spent an entire evening trying to get a group and then doing the missions and you'd think there are still plenty of people who didn't rush through the questlines around.

The missions themselves aren't that hard, I think. But it's true that they might be too hard if you get unlucky with a group since getting a new one will take ages yet again. I got lucky. Great group - communication worked fantastically, we listened to each other and discussed strategy after wiping once. We then defeated the Shroud easily and overall the mission was actually quite fun.
Same with Alchemy of Evil - got lucky with three people from the same guild who picked me up on their way to the quest. But before that I sat on Ilum/Makeb, trying to get a group for an hour. I made the mistake of asking for a group in the middle of a troll conversation on Makeb and had one of them whisper me only to tell me they didn't want to do it, thanks. (i wasn't spamming or anything.)

I think making two versions of the quest would have been the right solution - solo quest with less of a reward (fewer credits etc.) and the Heroic with more of a reward than we have now.

Nyysjan
04.26.2013 , 05:41 AM | #59
3 and half hours.
1 and half hours to get a group together
half an hour trying to get everyone into same phase of the quest (i had done the first quest, and part of second, earlier, and had to reset quest, which for some reason i could not do at first).
Hour or so of questing.
half an hour of sitting in front of a locked door hoping for GM reply because quest bugs and fails to update just before last boss.

quest left undone.
will try again today, i hope.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

Halaek
04.28.2013 , 09:50 AM | #60
Id like the thank Bioware for the Seeker and Binocular quest chains, both are extremely fun and brain taxing at points. I really really hope that this is the direction they are going now with quest design. One thing though, the finale of both quests really needs be added to the groupfinder so players without a guild or any friends can at least find a PuG to complete these.
Red Nova
Students of the Dark Side