Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operative/Scoundrel roll spam

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Operative/Scoundrel roll spam

Kail_Shefned
04.17.2013 , 02:43 PM | #1
I realize this probably belongs more in a general gameplay discussion, but I feel this tends to affect PvP more than other gameplay aspects.

In my opinion, the scoundrel/operative combat rolls need to have a cool down placed on them. Currently, in PvP, it's a bit ridiculous having these guys literally rolling all over the map in and out of range, from one objective to the next in ridiculously short times, the list goes on. How is it even fair to give them this sort of tool, when they already have some ridiculously high survivability in PvP? A healer op/scoundrel is nearly unkillable less the entire enemy team focuses on them. Solo I've held off 4 people with my scoundrel just spamming my emergency medpack, hovering around 30% and I just stay up.

"Well, not everybody plays the healer spec." While that's definitely true, it certainly doesn't seem to detract from the survivability and general annoyance these classes can cause, more so now with their spammable roll. Kiting them is essentially impossible, because even if you slow them, they're still capable of cleansing it and literally rolling up to you to DPS you. If you manage to get them focused, they can still cloak out and go recover somewhere before coming back in.

I think there should be at least a 5 second cool down on this ability to prevent it's "abuse". Hell, if a gunslinger/sniper has a 20 second CD on theirs, I see no reason a small cool down shouldn't be placed on Operatives/Scoundrels. A good scoundrel/operative might die once or twice, a great one will be unkillable.

As I stated before, before the QQers take hold of this topic, I play a scoundrel healer and can agree that this ability is a bit much with no CD.

SOULCASTER
04.17.2013 , 02:47 PM | #2
Yeah that scamper ability is out of control. Its making a mockery of warzones. From both a gameplay perspective as well as a visual perspective, with them glitching out on terrain and being extremely hard to see.

I think it needs like a 10 second cooldown. 5 wouldn't be enough. Its being EXTREMELY abused in warzones atm, especially in huttball matches.
Pot5 & now the Shadowlands
Live Stream @ twitch.tv/CidxPvP
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

NoTomorrow
04.17.2013 , 02:58 PM | #3
You probably need a very good DPSer to bring down a sawbones/medicine guy currently. Pyro is nerfed. Ranged DPS is complete utter crap against Operative healers. Not so many options left.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Frostbyt
04.17.2013 , 03:02 PM | #4
I love when people claim to play the class to try and give legitimacy to their nerf cry.

You held off 4 people, Orly ?
The Harbinger, Krath Origin
Frost'byte PT • Frost'bite OpMed • Frostbit Sorc • Nomadis Mara • Fróstbite Sniper
Armor'mech CombatMedic • Armsdealer GS • $%^&2 Guard

RyanReagan
04.17.2013 , 03:03 PM | #5
Cuz, you know. Force Leap, Force Push, Force Leap, Guardian Leap is totally okay.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.² <Infinite Darkness>

Jayshames
04.17.2013 , 03:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kail_Shefned View Post
I realize this probably belongs more in a general gameplay discussion, but I feel this tends to affect PvP more than other gameplay aspects.

In my opinion, the scoundrel/operative combat rolls need to have a cool down placed on them. Currently, in PvP, it's a bit ridiculous having these guys literally rolling all over the map in and out of range, from one objective to the next in ridiculously short times, the list goes on. How is it even fair to give them this sort of tool, when they already have some ridiculously high survivability in PvP? A healer op/scoundrel is nearly unkillable less the entire enemy team focuses on them. Solo I've held off 4 people with my scoundrel just spamming my emergency medpack, hovering around 30% and I just stay up.

"Well, not everybody plays the healer spec." While that's definitely true, it certainly doesn't seem to detract from the survivability and general annoyance these classes can cause, more so now with their spammable roll. Kiting them is essentially impossible, because even if you slow them, they're still capable of cleansing it and literally rolling up to you to DPS you. If you manage to get them focused, they can still cloak out and go recover somewhere before coming back in.

I think there should be at least a 5 second cool down on this ability to prevent it's "abuse". Hell, if a gunslinger/sniper has a 20 second CD on theirs, I see no reason a small cool down shouldn't be placed on Operatives/Scoundrels. A good scoundrel/operative might die once or twice, a great one will be unkillable.

As I stated before, before the QQers take hold of this topic, I play a scoundrel healer and can agree that this ability is a bit much with no CD.
Not all Operatives/Scoundrels want to heal, and a DPS Scoundrel/Operative is very much below par in terms of survivability. Sure they can burst and damage, but what use is that if you get rag dolled whenever you don't open from stealth?
I don't play my Operative but I know it's a great tool for those that do.

Purple-Punch
04.17.2013 , 03:09 PM | #7
Trust me .. There are more important issues on hand then the roll ..

DarkPharohEclip
04.17.2013 , 03:10 PM | #8
No, it's not a bit much... It takes up way too much energy and if you spam it you are wasting all your energy you need to attack somebody. Stop crying for a nerf , maybe they should do the same to force leap. Now that is ridiculous and even more so in a hutt ball match since they can just leap anywhere and through mid air... Like to see an operative do that... Stop the crys for nerf, if they touch the ability , it had better be to remove it to give me something more benificial, because as it is now it is fine.. if nerfed it could be a useless ablity on the toolbar.

Jayshames
04.17.2013 , 03:13 PM | #9
Force Leap;

Damage
Root
Gap closer
Energy builder
Interrupt

Exfiltrate;

Escape

------------------------------------

???????????????

Tankqull
04.17.2013 , 03:13 PM | #10
use your snare problem solved i know its hard to understand a style that is not doing 3-9k dmg is some kind of usefull ^^