Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it just me or is Sentinel..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Is it just me or is Sentinel..

Caeliux
04.17.2013 , 02:34 PM | #1
A big heaping mess atm...

I will toot my own horn and say I post great damage with all 3 trees, but other than that I go down faster than a fat man chasing a donut down a hill.

I know its not a l2p issue, so please don't even bother with that nonsense!

Combat tree feels ugly at the moment.

Focus is amazing and is the only tree worth going if you want damage, but I AM BORED OF SMASH BUILD, ITS NOT FUN!!

Fix Watchman Bioware for the love of god, its the only tree fun!

Until then I may shelf it and go sage where the real fun is.

/fin

/end rant

Kaizersan
04.17.2013 , 03:12 PM | #2
No you just have to relearn how to play combat the play style has become totally different after 2.0 to max the damage out.

AngusFTW
04.17.2013 , 03:14 PM | #3
I miss the days of watchman being beast also.. Though one suggestion if you feel like rerolling an alt is to try out vigilance/veageance guardian/jug it is very fun if you liked playing watchman you will enjoy that spec and these days is more viable in pvp but with a very similar feel. Also you will really love the cc immunity after leap since u know how much sents get cced!
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

Dealdrick
04.17.2013 , 04:17 PM | #4
One of my first 50's was a mara, and I LOVED anni spec. It was/is so much fun to play, but sadly DOTs get clensed too easily. I havent played a sent/mara since 2.0, but I have seen some very good combat/carnage numbers in WZs. The middle tree looks very healthy ATM

LegendaryQuan
04.17.2013 , 04:40 PM | #5
every class gets globaled now so it not just sents. smash is still one of if not the best dps class/spec in the game. agree that combat/carnage feels very weak in the 2.0 pvp environment. annihilation has never been good. not even when everyone ran it and thought it was. the way that spec works, itd be a fine line between underpowered and overpowered and knowing bioware, a buff to annihilation would wind up being a disaster for every class in the game besides marauders.

i dont know why so many people think smash is boring. all carnage and anni are, are force leaping in and running through a short easy rotation over and over. smash you have to manage two stacks, making the optimal decision every gcd based on stack size and cds, and find optimal locations/opponents to smash...all while dealing with priority targets, peels, objectives, etc.

to me smash is much more entertaining and engaging to play than mashing through a 5 ability rotation over and over throughout a warzone, all while being infinitely stunned.

Caeliux
04.17.2013 , 04:47 PM | #6
Thanks for the replys guys, I love my sent but only one tree feels fun and its kinda boooooo right now.

biowareftw
04.17.2013 , 06:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
A big heaping mess atm...

I will toot my own horn and say I post great damage with all 3 trees, but other than that I go down faster than a fat man chasing a donut down a hill.

I know its not a l2p issue, so please don't even bother with that nonsense!

Combat tree feels ugly at the moment.

Focus is amazing and is the only tree worth going if you want damage, but I AM BORED OF SMASH BUILD, ITS NOT FUN!!

Fix Watchman Bioware for the love of god, its the only tree fun!

Until then I may shelf it and go sage where the real fun is.

/fin

/end rant

I actually like the new rage a lot, and I didn't like it much before. Not that it was bad or anything, but the new forcescream talent rocks.

I like annihilation a lot also (played it at release, probably like you), but it has some problems. Would like to see it changed up a bit, but to be honest I don't find one spec harder to play then the other at all.

As far as boring? I find my sniper the most boring character I have by far. Sitting in one place makes me go nuts.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Caeliux
04.17.2013 , 06:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I actually like the new rage a lot, and I didn't like it much before. Not that it was bad or anything, but the new forcescream talent rocks.
I agree on it being more than a one trick pony far as what they implemented.

I like annihilation a lot also (played it at release, probably like you), but it has some problems. Would like to see it changed up a bit, but to be honest I don't find one spec harder to play then the other at all.
God I love Watchman, and am very passionate about telling Bioware to make it more relevant in PVP. The burst seems off but the dots seems ok which is backwards to me. I mean once I put my dots up the bleeds are great, but anything after it don't match and seems more time consuming in the amount of time to burn someone down.

Suggestion maybe for the class would be making Merciless Slash and root or making it crit if lets say Juyo Form has some stacks, kinda like what focus has and combat tree has.

I mean no brainier, add burst to Watchman!

As far as boring? I find my sniper the most boring character I have by far. Sitting in one place makes me go nuts.
Lol, that sounds like a ADD problem.

biowareftw
04.17.2013 , 06:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
I agree on it being more than a one trick pony far as what they implemented.

God I love Watchman, and am very passionate about telling Bioware to make it more relevant in PVP. The burst seems off but the dots seems ok which is backwards to me. I mean once I put my dots up the bleeds are great, but anything after it don't match and seems more time consuming in the amount of time to burn someone down.

Suggestion maybe for the class would be making Merciless Slash and root or making it crit if lets say Juyo Form has some stacks, kinda like what focus has and combat tree has.

I mean no brainier, add burst to Watchman!

Lol, that sounds like a ADD problem.
Yeah I remember the JT videos (funnies thing ever if you have never watched them), and that is basically how it was. Mine was Wooderson (republic) on fatman, when I came back most friends went empire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egokP7aH-nQ

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUGA...bDs-HF&index=2

Think the second one was where he "profiled" who played other classes. Guy is hilarious.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Zican
04.17.2013 , 07:00 PM | #10
I'm actually like annihilation a lot now for PvP. I usually top the charts by a couple hundred thousand and the changes to annihilate give me enough burst to actually finish off healers. I haven't been able to give the new carnage a good try though since The Harbinger has been lagging to **** lately in the evening.