Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear Req for 55 HM FP

scraycroft
04.17.2013 , 02:29 PM | #1
Whats the recommended gear level for the new FP's?
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

AshlaBoga
04.17.2013 , 07:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
Whats the recommended gear level for the new FP's?
I'd suggest at least 146 rated. You could do it in 140 rated but you'd find it to be a real challenge.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Earley
04.22.2013 , 10:11 AM | #3
I recommend 150 or you won't be able to finish any of the optional bosses, and will definitely have real trouble with several of the main bosses.

scraycroft
04.22.2013 , 11:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Earley View Post
I recommend 150 or you won't be able to finish any of the optional bosses, and will definitely have real trouble with several of the main bosses.
I blasted through a good amount the other night with 146 gear (The WH set once they removed the expertise) and we did all optional bosses and it wasn't straining at all for me as a healer, usually let the fights with over 50% force. To be fair though the Tank was in a lot for 69's & 72's so I'm sure that helped me a lot.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Earley
04.24.2013 , 08:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
I blasted through a good amount the other night with 146 gear (The WH set once they removed the expertise) and we did all optional bosses and it wasn't straining at all for me as a healer, usually let the fights with over 50% force. To be fair though the Tank was in a lot for 69's & 72's so I'm sure that helped me a lot.
Ahh good to know. I actually had 150s before I went in so it's hard for me to judge the low end until I get other toons in there.

scraycroft
04.24.2013 , 12:04 PM | #6
Ahh good to know. I actually had 150s before I went in so it's hard for me to judge the low end until I get other toons in there.

Yeah, I've been busy working on getting my Conqueror PvP set so I haven't ran any since we did those power runs. I think that if my Tank wasn't geared out (and was actually a damn good tank) already it would have been more of a pain to get through, I'll test it out more this week.

But if Toborro's Courtyard is any indication people should be fine with 146 gear going into the HM FP's. I healed the HM 16 man in WH gear with conq/partisan relics/implants and did just fine. I was struggling to keep my Force up, but as long as I was aware of the boss/add positioning i could noble sacrifice and run through the AOE heals to recoup my lost health. But lets be honest, anything in this game is easy if you know what you're halfway competent and don't stand where you're not supposed to as a healer and the DPS can beat the enrage. These aren't anything near as difficult as the 40 man raids in the game that shall not be named.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion

Soxbadger
04.24.2013 , 12:22 PM | #7
A group fully in campaign (146) non augmented could do it if they were good at their class. Ive dragged people through in tio before, but it took other over-geared players to compensate.

VigDiath
04.24.2013 , 12:24 PM | #8
I've done it on my Shadow with Campaign/Black Hole/Hazmat gear tanking. Everyone else had the same gear levels as me it looked like when we ran it. It's more work for the healer but if it's a good healer it won't make much of a difference.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

FlyinSpaghetti
04.24.2013 , 12:39 PM | #9
Every time someone has come undergeared to BH/rakata level we've always had to skip the bonus boss, most simply can't keep us with the enrage timer or healing needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

StefanInter
04.24.2013 , 02:00 PM | #10
Depends on if its a pug or a guild fp. Guild fp can be done in 140/146 easy. Pug 150 atleast imho.
SWTOR