Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight Class Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
04.17.2013 , 12:16 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Senior Designer, Austin Peckenpaugh, shares details about the class changes to the Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight now live in Game Update 2.0. Discuss them here!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Icebergy
04.17.2013 , 12:34 PM | #2
The links are switched, Courtney.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 5/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

K_osss
04.17.2013 , 12:36 PM | #3
Quote:
Alacrity increases resource regeneration by the same rate, helping you to recuperate resources more quickly as you spend them more quickly. For Knights and Warriors specifically, attacking faster means generating resources faster. Now more Alacrity is strictly a good thing.
This is true but only if we want to generate Focus through Strike/Assault. Personally that's my least favorite way to generate Focus. Alacrity needs to affect Focus generation in some additional form. Either cooldown reductions on major focus generating abilities or something...

Alec_Fortescue
04.17.2013 , 12:40 PM | #4
Darn, I don't understand how sents can get centering through meditation and Guardians aren't gaining their focus :/
Sig removed so Bioware adds "them" faster. kthxbai.

Lord_Karsk
04.17.2013 , 12:47 PM | #5
Quote:
Reflects the damage dealt by all incoming ranged, Force, and tech attacks back to their source
Ingame it says

Reflects all singel target damage ranged, Force, and tech attacks back to their source

Telanis
04.17.2013 , 01:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by K_osss View Post
Quote:
Alacrity increases resource regeneration by the same rate, helping you to recuperate resources more quickly as you spend them more quickly. For Knights and Warriors specifically, attacking faster means generating resources faster. Now more Alacrity is strictly a good thing.
This is true but only if we want to generate Focus through Strike/Assault. Personally that's my least favorite way to generate Focus. Alacrity needs to affect Focus generation in some additional form. Either cooldown reductions on major focus generating abilities or something...
Exactly. Increasing the speed with which you can spam moves would only be worth it if the speed increase was enough to increase your DPS despite the loss of other DPS-increasing stats, and it's not. Alacrity is an inferior choice for Knights/Warriors in all cases, and this blog post is misleading.

Drebs
04.17.2013 , 01:29 PM | #7
What are the armor sets in the photos?

LarryRow
04.17.2013 , 01:40 PM | #8
These Dev Updates are a good read. Couple of questions:

Does Saber Reflect (a great ability btw) reflect all single-target ranged, tech and force attacks, or only the ones that would have scored a hit? In other words, is the attack rolled against defense chance and not reflected if it's a miss? If so, is this behavior intended?

Quote:
Unremitting: ...We understand some players will be unhappy with this change
That is something of an understatement, but I think it has more to do with the overwhelming amount of trash cc in the game, and the Defense guardian's lack of mobility/cc protection (especially when compared to Hold the Line and Resilience and root-breaking force speed). To really tank a trash group properly, Guardians should chuck their saber, leap in, and quickly Sweep, Area Taunt, and Saber Reflect. Then Guardian Slash / Riposte, and finally a Blade Storm to get Blade Barrier up (either working in a Sunder or Combat Focus for the resources).

The problem is that if we are stunned or knocked back and slowed/rooted, it completely ruins our opening, and now a bunch of trash mobs are rampaging through the rest of our group, making us look dumb. With Unremitting, we had enough time to establish some control over trash packs, now we can be potentially screwed.

So I guess my questions are: are you aware of this issue, and are you taking steps to correct it, either by reducing trash cc or by finding a way to give defense guardians more cc protection, or both?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Monterone
04.17.2013 , 01:46 PM | #9
Eagerly waiting for Inquisitor diary:

Madness:

- Utility -- Yeah, we took WW away, and ummm... good luck.
- Minor increase of DoT damage

Best advice from BW, play sniper or warrior... that's why they're always featured first.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Varranto
04.17.2013 , 01:47 PM | #10
I realy like the new Immortal spec tree ,all new skills are very usefull and I have a way more fun as a Jugger tank right now ,but as Lord_Karsk said, in game it says that Saber Reflect reflects only SINGLE targets attacks ...That's the only problem :/
The Skybolt Legacy
Teamwork is the key