Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Hardmode Tuning vs PUG

Glorthox
04.17.2013 , 11:57 AM | #1
Either tune the hardmode's down a bit or do one of the following....

1: Fix ability lag. Can't begin to tell you when tanking these new areas how many time I have hit one of my cd's or abilities and them not go off. It isn't until I click the icon multiple times that it wants to work. And a majority of the time its when I'm close to death. So this severely needs to be looked at. Also at times the FP lags at the same time as the ability lag. So if repair cost is going to be this high now, these issues need to be looked at.

2: Raise tank defense % chance. Tank's are suppose to be designed to tank large amounts of damage, but not deal it. They are meat shields, nothing more, nothing less. And when a tank is nearly 3 shotted by trash mobs ( and being decently geared ) there is something wrong. Challenging I understand, but insanely hard is another. Most people will not queue for these new hardmode's because of so many factors. Wipes, repair costs, loot, ability lag, FP lag, trash being too hard, or raise tank's % chance for defense. I used to go into a hardmodes and not have to worry about being wiped out by trash ( unless the healer sucks ).

3: Lower coordination. Most guilds have a high coordination which makes these new hardmodes seem easy to them. However, this doesn't include a PUG's perspective. Most pugs don't have coordination for the new hardmodes. So if people find it too easy, make a "NIGHTMARE" difficulty for hardmodes and have them yield ultimate marks.

4: Dailies. At 55 instead of classic commendations for some dailies, allow basic commendations to be earned. Also raise the amount of credits earned through dailies. If the repair costs are going to be so high, give us a way of earning a higher number of credits.

We all love and enjoy the game in our own unique ways. Challenging in hardmode's isn't a terrible thing, but insanely hard is another. Insanely hard needs to be left to the operations where guilds reign. Hardmode's need to be there for those who aren't fortunate enough to be able to do operations. If things are too hard or things aren't working, then people get frustrated and quit. I know that the elitists who find these hardmode's too easy will bash this post, but who cares. Most come from hardcore guilds or are straight dps. So instead of bashing others, why not look at things from others standpoints and then come to an opinion? IMO keep the damage level where it is and lower the health pools. Honestly these new hardmode's almost feel like "nightmare" mode.

DarthFamine
04.17.2013 , 12:07 PM | #2
current hard modes at 55 are fine. I did mando raiders and hammer station last night on my 61/63 sage and we cleared both. we wiped a few times and had to learn em but they were doable.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

mikebevo
04.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorthox View Post
If things are too hard or things aren't working, then people get frustrated and quit.
People also tend to get bored and quit when things are too easy.

What gear are you and your group in? I know I've been doing the new HM 55 FP slightly below the gear recommendation, not really fair to say they are too difficult until the entire group is at or above the designed gear level.

I know that the elitists who find these hardmode's too easy will bash this post, but who cares
1 not elitist. 2. not bashing. Just question the need to nerf something until we have had the proper chance to see if it is truly difficult. I remember hitting 50 on my sawbones and going into HMD7 the first time. Everyone undergeared, me with no clue how to heal, we must have wiped 10 times on the final boss. I almost quit, not because I thought the content was too hard, but because I just stunk. Got some gear, learn my abilities and by the time we were all Rakata geared we could do HM D7 without a healer or a tank. So obviously HM D7 was not too hard, it was just I had no clue and no gear.

Honestly these new hardmode's almost feel like "nightmare" mode.
I agree, now undergeared they feel difficult. however once geared to the proper level, I suspect they will become very easy even for PUGs.

Yes, I am in a guild, I do operations with a guild, most HMFP I am a PUG.

chuixupu
04.17.2013 , 01:14 PM | #4
I haven't had any issues with them, as long as people know the mechanics. I think we're at a phase right now where most people don't have the best gear, and people come in to the instances thinking the mechanics are basically the same as the old story modes, but they aren't. I know I am still learning a few things about each one every time I go in. For everything that we at first experience thought, "crap, this is hard", we found out we were missing out on a mechanic.

Soon, the mechanics will be known by most, people will find all kinds of ways to skip things and make them easier, everyone will get better gear, and people will be flying through them just like the old hard modes.

I'm guessing the OP wasn't playing this game at launch. I remember wiping on HM Black Talon repeatedly, for months. HK-47 in False Emperor was a major dps race that wasn't easy to win for the average person.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Veimi
04.17.2013 , 01:21 PM | #5
I haven't had any trouble with pugs on any of my 11 flashpoints done so far. Some wipes, naturally, when people are still learning mechanics and a bit undergeared, but no quitters or long wipefests. A little advice goes a long way, maybe there is a time for everyone to look in the mirror.
Adrianne
<Fade>
Jedi Shadow
Tomb of Freedon Nadd PVP EU

Glorthox
04.17.2013 , 03:55 PM | #6
I have been around since beta and found the old hardmode's fun a challenging. Whereas the new hardmodes are just insanely hard. The mobs hit entirely way too hard ( I am a tank primarly 150 rated gear ). I have only had 3 successful hardmodes and 9 fails. The fails happen and people leave. Repair costs are just too damn high. Spending hours in a hardmode isn't my idea of fun. Spending hours in an operation is a given, but not a hardmode. The only other gear available for an upgrade is basic comm's and those take forever to obtain through section x and makeb. I for one am not a huge fan of large areas for dailies. It just gets really old, really fast. Black Hole daily I will do because of how consolidated it is and how fast it is to finish.

Vishnell
04.17.2013 , 06:15 PM | #7
I've been running HM's since release in mostly 63's with a few pieces of newer gear. I have yet to spend more than an hour trying to clear any of the HMs. I was expecting them to be hard, but they are incredibly easy. In the PUG groups I've been in, we're done more HM's than not without a wipe. Please do not nerf these, they are already way too easy. Very disappointing.

DarthFamine
04.17.2013 , 07:58 PM | #8
I just finished Athiss for the first time, we wiped a few times but that was because we got cocky.
we were chain pulling mobs and such just to see what we could do. (answer to that question was die )

all in all it was challenging, and we really enjoyed the final boss. we wiped on him once due to having to learn the mechanics. It will be much easier once we are fully geared.

good balance leave it as is for the time being
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Aerro
04.17.2013 , 08:13 PM | #9
Yeah... a nerf for this is unnecessary. I've pugged this more than not, and I have yet to get a group that didn't finish it. Well, I had one group that I left but thats because the tank was in Columi gear with Accuracy augments in every piece- had 23k health and would die on trash.

Now, aside from that I have just tore through this content. Its not challenging so nerfing it just because one person finds it hard isn't a good idea.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

Shusio
04.17.2013 , 10:31 PM | #10
They might be a little hard but in no ways that hard. If you are having problems its your gear and upgrade. I would suggest being in Campaign or hazmat seeing how they are so easy to get. I find the bosses the easiest out of it all and the trash the hardest.

This is from a tanks prespective and I have yet to not clear a FP in a pug group or in my guild. I like how hard it is.