Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

Smackethdown
04.17.2013 , 10:48 AM | #1
I do not ever have enough credits. Plain and simple.

Right off the hop, I am not asking that every WZ gives 100k, mind you, I wouldn't complain if it did. I just need someone from PvP to allow us to make decent money.

I choose not to PvE. I have played MMO's for over 12 years and not that I have chosen SW:TOR as my favorite PvP system I would love to see this issue addressed.

I DO NOT WANT TO PVE. I have paid for this game and I should not have to.

I am at at endgame once again and back in the gear grind. This time have the same issue that I have always had. I cannot even afford a single top tier augment after leveling to 55. Yes, in time I will be able to buy they from only doing PvP but not nearly fast enough. No one like a real long grind and it turns you off of games. The gear is a bad enough grind, which I don't really mind, but have to run WZ's for months and months, to afford 10 augments, is absolutely ridiculous. The amount of increase we need is not even just a little, it is substantial. Find a way Bioware. Find a way. I realize that a large amount of the credits from PvE comes from selling items. Implement something new. A system where PvP'ers get MATS and items while PvP'ing. I really don't know the best suggestion, I just know that it doesn't work the way it is. Hopefully this post will bring viable ideas to the table.

If a raider decides to go do PvP it is because they choose to, for fun. Why am I forced to do a part of the game that I do not see as fun?

I will take any criticism (and free bumps) that are given because I have played these games long enough not to care. Post, comment, bump, troll, whatever you see fit just keep this alive and let's hope someone that matters sees it.

I won't even touch the issue of experience in PvP compared to PvE. Just MORE credits for PvP, somehow, PLEASE!

BW, stop hatin'
I don't want to PvE nor should I ever have to. Plain and simple.

EDIT: Let's keep this post alive where it has been an issue for a very very long time. Refrain from the million bolster threads because as much as bolster is messed up currently, it is a new issue and it will get fixed. We need BW to see this and at least give us their thoughts.

EDIT 2: The common reply from the PvE players seems to be that we should just use the GTN or go do dailies. Here is the thing. I am not posting complaining that there is absolutely no way to make credits. I am complaining that PvP players have no way to make any amount of credits thru PvP activity, where as the PvE players do. Yes, I choose not to craft all the time or use the GTN as much as I could BUT my issue is that a PvE player can get by without doing this at all. Dailies provide a huge amount of credits for the time it takes to do them. Why don't we have the same option?

And yes, I DO the dailies when I really have to but I absolutely despise the mindless PvE content, aside from the fact I am being forced to do it.

EDIT 3: Before people post about how to make credits one of the obvious ways that we already know, refer to the OP. This isn't saying there is no way to make credits at all. It is saying there is not sufficient credits from doing PvP. No matter what anyone comes on here are says about crafting, dailies, GTN or anything else, this still remains ture and IS an issue, whether you would like it to be or not.

I may be starting to sound like a broken record with the edits but the new posts are all of the same irrelevant fashion as well.

JustinxDuff
04.17.2013 , 10:53 AM | #2
You don' have to PvP just like you don't have to wear augs or use stims. If you expect to be able to afford stims and augs/kits from just PvP then I don't know what to tell you.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

darksidechemist
04.17.2013 , 10:54 AM | #3
Panhandling might work.

stupidsyrup
04.17.2013 , 10:59 AM | #4
You buy Credit Lockboxes with WZ comms at the PvP Supplies Vendor. Just something I saw.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

kirorx
04.17.2013 , 11:03 AM | #5
IMO

1) level 50 pvp gear should available equal to the campaign stuff

2) more pvp quests including open world kills that reward credits, exp and comms

3) a bit of an exp increase for warzones, they seem way low compared to PvE from 50 to 55
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Domatron
04.17.2013 , 11:04 AM | #6
Use your crew skills, best of bad options, but you can send them out while you're PvPing and then sell the items on the GTN. You could also use your cartel coin allotment to buy the in vogue item and sell it for credits as well. I really think they should just up the credits on the PvP daily/weekly though, or give us more PvP daily/weeklies.

Caeliux
04.17.2013 , 12:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Smackethdown View Post
I choose not to PvE.
Thats why you are broke.

Quote: Originally Posted by Smackethdown View Post
I DO NOT WANT TO PVE.
Too bad, stay broke then.

Do daily's and weekly's and make money, or suffer being broke.

It's that simple.

Or you could make alts, make crafting classes, and use the market.

Either way work is involved on your end.

sanchito
04.17.2013 , 12:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
You don' have to PvP just like you don't have to wear augs or use stims. If you expect to be able to afford stims and augs/kits from just PvP then I don't know what to tell you.
I expect just that. I actually buy random cartel market stuff and sell it on the gtn to get creds for crafting, but i shouldn't have to imo.

Xanas
04.17.2013 , 01:06 PM | #9
They should definitely increase the credits awarded at the end of the game and the XP...

Jayshames
04.17.2013 , 01:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Though, to be viable in PvP you need them, and who doesn't want to be? so you kind of do NEED to PvE if you want to be worth while in PvP.

EDIT: Credit, XP, Valor and Commendation gains should definitely be based off valor rank. It's the only way to provide those of us that PvP a lot with a fair advantage over people who just want to wz for cash (look at what happened to stabs). For those that got lucky enough to farm valor rank on Ilum, can count themselves lucky I guess.