Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Issue: Corruption. About to give up.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Launcher Issue: Corruption. About to give up.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

James_Dunril
12.20.2011 , 09:05 PM | #1
Alright, I run a Windows 7 Home Premium. I ran the game in administrator, I've done multiple restarts, I have no Anti-Virus Software on. It'll launch the game, but then at the loading screen, after a few seconds it will crash.

Now, I repost this. I did some investigation into it, I slided the disks I got into my other computer and I had the same issue, I noticed that I was missing the LauncherFixer, and the 'Repair' Option. I'm going to try to install online. (Which will take about three, or four days- 25 Gigs is a massive download.)

I'm willing to bet it's file corruption, as it didn't work on three of my computers. All well above the standard requirements. Help!

I'm running a Radeon 4800 HD Series Driver fully updated.
6 Gigs of Ram Installed.
AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Duo Core Prosessor 5000+ 2.61 GHZ.

Here is a log of the issue:

Please help.

swtor.exe
4eebb070
MSVCR90.dll
4dace5b9
c0000005
dd4
01ccbf786c1923a4
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a 1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR 90.dll
bbd8c70d-2b6b-11e1-b1ed-001d606e5b1b

Another cool log:

swtor.exe
4eebb070
ntdll.dll
4cc7ab86
c0000005
00061c1d
01ccbf79de5ddd4a
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
2d62c719-2b6d-11e1-b1ed-001d606e5b1b

James_Dunril
12.20.2011 , 09:11 PM | #2
Bump.

pookiejin
12.20.2011 , 09:13 PM | #3
i did the 25 gig DL. then moved that to my laptop that was having launcher issues. it still has the same issues. no laucher but it appears in the task manager processes. additionally, i also noticed that the disc install does not give the launchfixer. but i just used the suggested option to DL the client and there it was once i reinstalled the client from the web.

the Launcher issue is a software issue. not a hardware issue.
many folks are having launcher problems after they have already been playing.
I unfortunately have not been able to even see the launcher except on my PC which, oddly, had worse spec's than my laptop.

BulldogzLife
12.20.2011 , 09:15 PM | #4
I'm having the same issues. I played beta and early access without this problem. There is no fixlauncher for me to attempt a repair either.

I reinstalled the game with the game discs and updated it through the launcher. It played the intro videos and went to the default loading screen, but then crashes every time. Here is a copy of my log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4eebb070
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00038c39
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

James_Dunril
12.20.2011 , 09:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BulldogzLife View Post
I'm having the same issues. I played beta and early access without this problem. There is no fixlauncher for me to attempt a repair either.

I reinstalled the game with the game discs and updated it through the launcher. It played the intro videos and went to the default loading screen, but then crashes every time. Here is a copy of my log:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4eebb070
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00038c39
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Mine launches, and then goes to the loading screen, and then it crashes.- Loads for about three seconds. I've installed the game on three computers now- It showed the introduction video then it crashed - same story. So It has to be related to disk corruption, or something wrong. I'm going to try the DL. I've tried to get ahold of support with no luck.

-I haven't even played the game! I spent eighty bucks (well over) on the game too!
Want my moneys worth!

LeeLoou
12.20.2011 , 09:20 PM | #6
I have been playing since the 13th in the preorder access but sunday my character got stuck on taris and whenever I log into that toon it locks my computer up and I have to turn my pc off by the power button to fix it. I have been waiting 2 days to hear from tech support about that and nothing. Yesterday I wiped my HD and reinstalled all my software to get ready for the launch today. I picked up my waste of $160 and downloaded the game from the discs, then all the patches and updates and tried to log in only to get this message after hitting the play button "star wars the old republic has encountered a problem and needs to close". WTH!!!!! I tried to call tech support but of course the lines are so full I just get a recording telling me to call back later. This is a freakin joke and I wish I never bought this POS game.

Blackstang
12.20.2011 , 09:22 PM | #7
lol why would you wipe your HD for a game? Do you know what you are doing? You obviously did something wrong if it worked before and does not now.

James_Dunril
12.20.2011 , 09:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeLoou View Post
I have been playing since the 13th in the preorder access but sunday my character got stuck on taris and whenever I log into that toon it locks my computer up and I have to turn my pc off by the power button to fix it. I have been waiting 2 days to hear from tech support about that and nothing. Yesterday I wiped my HD and reinstalled all my software to get ready for the launch today. I picked up my waste of $160 and downloaded the game from the discs, then all the patches and updates and tried to log in only to get this message after hitting the play button "star wars the old republic has encountered a problem and needs to close". WTH!!!!! I tried to call tech support but of course the lines are so full I just get a recording telling me to call back later. This is a freakin joke and I wish I never bought this POS game.
I think it's a issue with disk corruption, to be honest.
Something is wrong with the software they gave us, and thus they need to fix it somehow.

Celebrus
12.20.2011 , 09:23 PM | #9
Yeah, I played fine since wednesday of last week, not a crash, not a drop, nothing.

Logged in perfectly fine at 3:30 PM today. Now all I get is a brief black screen after hitting play, then desktop.

James_Dunril
12.20.2011 , 09:26 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
Yeah, I played fine since wednesday of last week, not a crash, not a drop, nothing.

Logged in perfectly fine at 3:30 PM today. Now all I get is a brief black screen after hitting play, then desktop.
I get a loading screen, and then it suddenly opts out of the application, crashing. I've installed this game on three computers. It has to be something wrong with the disks itself, or the software they have given. It isn't a hardware issue by any means.

Not to mention I can't find this

'Repair button' anywhere.