Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guide to Bioware Logic in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Guide to Bioware Logic in PvP

Kenjigreat's Avatar


Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 12:36 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by midianlord View Post
^^This.^^

I like the idea of Bolster --now that they seem to have fixed a little bit of that farce (I don't see anymore fat Twi'leks running around in their skivvies on my sub-55s, which is good, because all of them were making me go "ick.") it seems to be working much closer to how it's supposed to, buuuut....Yeah.

Overall, the implementation of that fundamentally sound idea is rather, well, less than sound.

I don't see why they don't just either,

A) Remove Expertise entirely -- come on, it's a dumb stat, and we all secretly know it, weather we want to admit it or not.

or,

B) Make Expertise useable in all modes --PvE as well as PvP-- so that way those of us who like to "swing both ways" can do it without having to grind for two (at least) separate gear sets. (And make mod-ripping and repair of "purple" bits after a hard boss-fight cheaper, please, thank you.)

The reason I say (B) is because I've found that my overnight-nerfed-to-ground WH-with-EWH-off pieces gear works quite well in PvE (I solo'ed two of the GSI [HEROIC 2+] missions last night in mine without too much trouble, and this was before I remembered to rip the Expertise crystals out of the guns). It's not as good as role-specific PvE gear of the same rating, nor should it be, but it gives another valid option, especially a valid one for those of us who don't want to grind raids day in and day out, and like to make our money/tokens through war-zoning.

Just my CAD 0.02
The ENTIRE idea of Expertise is to make PVE and PVP progression seperate , It might be dumb, but its function is to prevent people in PVE gear to bypass the gear gap in PvP and vice versa which is obviously being screwed with since PvPers have the short end of the stick in 2.0.

To be honest , With Bioware screwing up bolster time and again on 2.0 and the PTS , Just give us basic PvP gear cause i don't trust them to get bolster right and if they want to do it right it needs alot more testing .
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Alts: Megiiddo , Iamrčvanbětch (Marauder), Megyddo (Sentinel)
Coolest Marauder EVER
Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

Xanas's Avatar


Xanas
04.17.2013 , 12:47 PM | #32
I am going to put it simple. In 1 month this **** its not fixed and if PvP gear does not give a CLEAR advance over any type of PvE gear I am out. The PvE>PvP crep its not even on the table.

Of course I would have no problem for PvE gear to be = to PvP gear for PvP but AS LONG AS PvP gear = PvE gear in raids to. If it works only 1 way I am going to quit. Lots of games out there to pick.

Kenjigreat's Avatar


Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 12:56 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Xanas View Post
I am going to put it simple. In 1 month this **** its not fixed and if PvP gear does not give a CLEAR advance over any type of PvE gear I am out. The PvE>PvP crep its not even on the table.

Of course I would have no problem for PvE gear to be = to PvP gear for PvP but AS LONG AS PvP gear = PvE gear in raids to. If it works only 1 way I am going to quit. Lots of games out there to pick.
Yep the bolster is a big **** YOU to alot of PvPers since you are pretty much matched by people in PVE gear taking out enhancements and can't do PVE.
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Alts: Megiiddo , Iamrčvanbětch (Marauder), Megyddo (Sentinel)
Coolest Marauder EVER
Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
04.17.2013 , 01:05 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
Bolster is a fine idea if it worked as intended. Unfortunately The mess we have is all due to horrible planning, testing and implementation. If they can't get it right, maybe it's time to roll back and tweak the old system until real solutions can be found.
That is my idea too. Devs were not ready but the management desided to roll out. Often in software projects.

Kenjigreat's Avatar


Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 01:13 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
That is my idea too. Devs were not ready but the management desided to roll out. Often in software projects.
Thats what this Thread is about , I honestly want them to REMOVE bolster for level 55 PvP.
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Alts: Megiiddo , Iamrčvanbětch (Marauder), Megyddo (Sentinel)
Coolest Marauder EVER
Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
04.17.2013 , 01:16 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
I'll tell you guys what happened. BW realized they can't get much more out of the existing subs.
There's certainly some truth to this. They've "revamped" PvP how many times now? At least 4, and this is still a young game. Now they've retooled PvE stats as well so people have to not only clear new content, but completely change the way they're geared, tanks especially. Seriously, BioWare? Alacrity stacking on tank sets?

Kenjigreat's Avatar


Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
There's certainly some truth to this. They've "revamped" PvP how many times now? At least 4, and this is still a young game. Now they've retooled PvE stats as well so people have to not only clear new content, but completely change the way they're geared, tanks especially. Seriously, BioWare? Alacrity stacking on tank sets?
How can you Revamp PvP 4 times in a year and a half and only have 5 PvP maps . Only made possible by Bioware.
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Alts: Megiiddo , Iamrčvanbětch (Marauder), Megyddo (Sentinel)
Coolest Marauder EVER
Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.

Monterone's Avatar


Monterone
04.17.2013 , 02:02 PM | #38
Bolster is a good idea, it's just that it's still being developed and it's buggy. I think it will eventually be good, but I think it was a mistake rolling it live and it will cost them subs. It should have been left on the PTS, and all tiers and types of gear should have been made available for free so people can test and push the bolster system to its limits -- this wasn't done.

Now we're paying to beta test a new piece of code, and people are pissed off about it, deservedly so.

Edit: And I agree with you, Battlemaster level should have been the Recruit level.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Aetideus's Avatar


Aetideus
04.17.2013 , 02:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenjigreat View Post
Thats what this Thread is about , I honestly want them to REMOVE bolster for level 55 PvP.
The only thing I can think of is to rollback to 1.7 system. Most of the people do not trust a temporary solution. And is it certain that it works without problems<55? Why should this be rolled-out now?

Kenjigreat's Avatar


Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 02:23 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetideus View Post
The only thing I can think of is to rollback to 1.7 system. Most of the people do not trust a temporary solution. And is it certain that it works without problems<55? Why should this be rolled-out now?
The Permanent Solution is to Remove Bolster and Give People FREE PvP gear that is Slightly worse than Partisan . Problem Solved.
Mandolor - The Harbinger (Marauder)
Alts: Megiiddo , Iamrčvanbětch (Marauder), Megyddo (Sentinel)
Coolest Marauder EVER
Seriously No one Gives a **** how awesome you think you are.