Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide to Bioware Logic in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Guide to Bioware Logic in PvP

Macroeconomics
04.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kenjigreat View Post
And the solution is simple. Every Partisan piece is slight worse than Conqueror Pieces . Just make another tier for FREE , Without Com/Credit cost and give it to EVERYONE and make it slightly worse than Partisan.
This won't work. They gave free Recruit gear to people and people wouldn't use it. The solution is not to create a third tier of gear. It is to convert everything that is not current pvp gear into a third tier of gear, i.e. replace Bolster with CONVERT.

It would work as follows: each item slot would be examined. If the item in the slot has less expertise than the corresponding Partisan item, then the slot gets CONVERTED into a item with 2 pts less Endurance than Partisan. If the item in the slot has the same or more expertise than the corresponding Partisan item, then it gets used as is. This is simple. This can not be exploited. This solves the problem of people using PvE gear in PvP. This gives people who want to do PvP but don't have the gear a chance in warzones. THIS IS THE CORRECT SOLUTION. It will not be implemented. Doh.

Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Macroeconomics View Post
This won't work. They gave free Recruit gear to people and people wouldn't use it. The solution is not to create a third tier of gear. It is to convert everything that is not current pvp gear into a third tier of gear, i.e. replace Bolster with CONVERT.

It would work as follows: each item slot would be examined. If the item in the slot has less expertise than the corresponding Partisan item, then the slot gets CONVERTED into a item with 2 pts less Endurance than Partisan. If the item in the slot has the same or more expertise than the corresponding Partisan item, then it gets used as is. This is simple. This can not be exploited. This solves the problem of people using PvE gear in PvP. This gives people who want to do PvP but don't have the gear a chance in warzones. THIS IS THE CORRECT SOLUTION. It will not be implemented. Doh.
-_- Like I said its clear that they can't make bolster work from the current state of PvP and the PTS, If people are dumb enough not to use FREE Gear and QQ about PvP then why punish Us?

Purple-Punch
04.17.2013 , 12:04 PM | #23
Great post but unfortunately, the DEVS are not listening, nor do they care!!!!

Kenjigreat
04.17.2013 , 12:08 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
I hope they do , if we have to make a 200 page thread like that Buff Mercs thread to make them listen I'd say go for it.

Ottoattack
04.17.2013 , 12:15 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple-Punch View Post
They will when people start unsubscribing. I am currently on the edge, waiting to how the next patch will fold. If it does not resolve PvP current problems, I guess that's it for me.

Caeliux
04.17.2013 , 12:18 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I say bring back champion and centurion gear and the old rng system that way every one can enjoy what hell really was like way back when.
How dare you!

LanceCorporalDan
04.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Bolster is a fine idea. If you don't think so, it means you want to squash undergeared players like bugs instead of having competitive pvp.

Meanwhile, poorly implemented, buggy bolster is an unfortunate reality that Bioware is working to address, and threads like these take up space that could be better used by relevant feedback.

Can we please agree and move on?
Then what is the point of having gear then?

With the removal of expertise from my wh/ewh gear I noticed that pve geared players had MORE expertise than I did (). But I still wiped the floor with them.

I agree pvp should be mostly skill based, but the gear gap could easily be fixed without use of the bolster in 55 pvp.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

midianlord
04.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
Bolster is a fine idea if it worked as intended. Unfortunately The mess we have is all due to horrible planning, testing and implementation. If they can't get it right, maybe it's time to roll back and tweak the old system until real solutions can be found.
^^This.^^

I like the idea of Bolster --now that they seem to have fixed a little bit of that farce (I don't see anymore fat Twi'leks running around in their skivvies on my sub-55s, which is good, because all of them were making me go "ick.") it seems to be working much closer to how it's supposed to, buuuut....Yeah.

Overall, the implementation of that fundamentally sound idea is rather, well, less than sound.

I don't see why they don't just either,

A) Remove Expertise entirely -- come on, it's a dumb stat, and we all secretly know it, weather we want to admit it or not.

or,

B) Make Expertise useable in all modes --PvE as well as PvP-- so that way those of us who like to "swing both ways" can do it without having to grind for two (at least) separate gear sets. (And make mod-ripping and repair of "purple" bits after a hard boss-fight cheaper, please, thank you.)

The reason I say (B) is because I've found that my overnight-nerfed-to-ground WH-with-EWH-off pieces gear works quite well in PvE (I solo'ed two of the GSI [HEROIC 2+] missions last night in mine without too much trouble, and this was before I remembered to rip the Expertise crystals out of the guns). It's not as good as role-specific PvE gear of the same rating, nor should it be, but it gives another valid option, especially a valid one for those of us who don't want to grind raids day in and day out, and like to make our money/tokens through war-zoning.

Just my CAD 0.02
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

Kirtastropohe
04.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
They will when people start unsubscribing. I am currently on the edge, waiting to how the next patch will fold. If it does not resolve PvP current problems, I guess that's it for me.
I think i'm kind of in the same boat. I've been a subscriber since day 1, and they've totally broken this game. Not only broken it, they've pretty much screwed us over. I'm tired of half-arsed fixes and the apparent inability (or unwillingness) to plan and implement something correctly.

sauerkraut
04.17.2013 , 12:34 PM | #30
I'll tell you guys what happened. BW realized they can't get much more out of the existing subs. The only way to get new subs and sell their expansion pack to them, if they turn around, spit in the face of the long time subs, make the PvP totally noob and idiot friendly and cater the PvP rejects. I don't think it's gonna work, so far i have not seen any significant changes in PvP (other than more stun and bubble), bads are the same bad just like they used to be. Bolster cant fix stupid.