Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's be honest the only thing that matters in PVP is the healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Let's be honest the only thing that matters in PVP is the healers

Resiel
04.17.2013 , 03:09 AM | #1
Its truth, whether im on any dps it really matters not they're all the same i can spam snipe, grav round, smash, or maul like a braindead moron or have a optimized 'skilled' rotation and my team wins and loses the same but if Im on my healer or my team has good healers boom win about every time. Healing and having healers is the only thing that matters in PvP in this game. They're so overpowered it's ridiculous. The End.

SystemProcess
04.17.2013 , 03:15 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Resiel View Post
Its truth, whether im on any dps it really matters not they're all the same i can spam snipe, grav round, smash, or maul like a braindead moron or have a optimized 'skilled' rotation and my team wins and loses the same but if Im on my healer or my team has good healers boom win about every time. Healing and having healers is the only thing that matters in PvP in this game. They're so overpowered it's ridiculous. The End.
I played a team in Civil War today. They were Pubs, I was Imp. The match started out terribly because nobody decided to take snow. My boyfriend and I stealthed grass and nabbed it because apparently nobody from their side wanted to get their node either.

So basically it was a terrible bloodbath at mid and I was getting annoyed that my team was so bad (save this awesome tank/healer duo that was also in the group) when suddenly someone grabbed snow. We ended up keeping myself and my boyfriend on grass, the tank/healer duo on snow and the rest of the team went wherever the opposite team zerged.

Then...it became obviously apparent that 80% of their team were healers. They couldn't dps any of us down no matter how much they tried and just sat there healing each other. Even with two of us, we held off an 8 man zerg until the rest of our team arrived.

So, while healers are a good thing (just like chocolate) too much of them can be a bad thing (or make you fat).
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Resiel
04.17.2013 , 04:08 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemProcess View Post
I played a team in Civil War today. They were Pubs, I was Imp. The match started out terribly because nobody decided to take snow. My boyfriend and I stealthed grass and nabbed it because apparently nobody from their side wanted to get their node either.

So basically it was a terrible bloodbath at mid and I was getting annoyed that my team was so bad (save this awesome tank/healer duo that was also in the group) when suddenly someone grabbed snow. We ended up keeping myself and my boyfriend on grass, the tank/healer duo on snow and the rest of the team went wherever the opposite team zerged.

Then...it became obviously apparent that 80% of their team were healers. They couldn't dps any of us down no matter how much they tried and just sat there healing each other. Even with two of us, we held off an 8 man zerg until the rest of our team arrived.

So, while healers are a good thing (just like chocolate) too much of them can be a bad thing (or make you fat).

Youre probably right too many is a bad thing but in the hundreds maybe thousands of warzones ive been in the times we've had too many healers i can count on my hand, Healing is so easy and boring most people dont actually want to do it so theres usually never too many, which is all the more silly that healing is the main decider of pvp in this game.

SystemProcess
04.17.2013 , 04:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Resiel View Post
Youre probably right too many is a bad thing but in the hundreds maybe thousands of warzones ive been in the times we've had too many healers i can count on my hand, Healing is so easy and boring most people dont actually want to do it so theres usually never too many, which is all the more silly that healing is the main decider of pvp in this game.
The point of my post was that not only was their team bad at tactics, but the healers cost them the game.

I'd say no matter how balanced a team is tank/heals wise, it's possible for a strategic pug to beat them. It's all a matter of out-playing your opponent. It's one of the main reasons I even PvP!
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

szczypaczek
04.17.2013 , 06:10 AM | #5
I would say what matters is: good team composition. Stop whining about 8 ppl dps team who is losing to a team with two healers, tanks and dps. In warhammer online where scenarios were the same thing as here wzs a team wihout a healer was every time crashed by the opponents, who had tanks and heal, thats the way it goes. Nobody wept back then: "Omg why healers are so usefull in pvp, they can keep ppl alive, what an outrage. Stop whining about it, group with a healer

Not to mention in Age of Reckoning healers had detaunt, uber survival tool, a debuff for the attacker that took away 50% of their dmg.

cycao
04.17.2013 , 06:21 AM | #6
Intresting if true.

You are going to see people "spamming" these abilities but in reality the ones that do are not doing anything really. Spamming maul is the best way to kill your force, you cannot really spam smash, you need to use TM to proc abilities (I do have a merc and when played right is effective in regs) and snipers have not been as as I thought they would be so far. The people you see doing these things are not really doing anything and hurting themselves over the person who is utilizing proper rotations.

-Esper-
04.17.2013 , 06:27 AM | #7
Many healers? Take intelligent tactics then, but win.

Tankqull
04.17.2013 , 06:32 AM | #8
their are two problems with healers.

you either have none or to much of them in your team.

a proper matchmaker would fix that issue.

LarryRow
04.17.2013 , 07:12 AM | #9
I thought healers were in a good place in 1.7. Having one or two was definitely an advantage. They could put out some serious numbers, and generally their place in the meta-game seemed fair. Devastating if left alone, could handle one or maybe two attackers for a little while, and crumbled under focus fire.

Now, though, it seems having one or two healers is a huge advantage when facing a team with none.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

dalin
04.17.2013 , 07:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
I thought healers were in a good place in 1.7. Having one or two was definitely an advantage. They could put out some serious numbers, and generally their place in the meta-game seemed fair. Devastating if left alone, could handle one or maybe two attackers for a little while, and crumbled under focus fire.

Now, though, it seems having one or two healers is a huge advantage when facing a team with none.
If you go through these forums you'll see a common theme. Posts about TTK being to quick. How OP everyone else is. Healers are too powerful, I can't solo them like I did in my sleep pre 2.0.

So you can literally read from one extreme to another on these forums and do you know why? Because most DPS in this game are bad players. Let me say this clearly so people don't get offended. Pre 2.0 a team of 8 DPS could easily win. Why? Because damage was out of control. You would see few healers if any in pugs, because they could barely function without a guard. So now all those same players just smashing keys and not using CC/interrupts properly can't kill anyone due to healers.

The game needs to be balanced around group play. Not soloing each other. In group play a healer will go down hard and fast to focus fire and CC. Right now Skill > Derp and I like it that way.

P.S. The number of derp smashers and PT's crying is pretty hilarious. No more instantly killing players with their overly "complicated" rotations.
TEH:

<Jensaarai>

Felora

<Anathema>

Vibro/Alash