Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augments

warstory
04.17.2013 , 02:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by lordkhouri View Post
Removing and re-adding augments to your gear in a war zone completely screws with bolster and gives you ridiculously high stats.

I took out a few just to test it and ended up up with almost 40k health in a warzone (up from 34k), and that was just from taking out 4 augments.

Obviously this is expensive, but it needs to be fixed none the less.
Pm one of the debs on the exact steps to reproduce the bug so they can fix it. I pm them last week a out the same hung not sure if its the same bug or a new version if it.
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

Lightning_
04.17.2013 , 02:40 AM | #22
Bump. This needs devs' attention.

Glower
04.17.2013 , 03:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
hes not a troll. he speaks the truth. it takes a couple of days to get full partisan gear. their is no need for bolster at 55. it has destroyed the game. people who are pvping without partisan gear are obviously not interested in pvping very much or they would have the gear. getting rolled for a couple of days after hitting 55 is not a big deal. they should remove bolster from endgame because right now it is a mess and any changes they do is just going to keep making it worse.
^this
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Arutar
04.17.2013 , 04:09 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
How do you think anything would ever get better if devs didn't try something and then play with it over time....? Ever heard of trial and error?
Ever heard of PTS?

And we are not talking about some weird bug which happens every full moon. 2.0 affected ALL pvp content. Yesterdays patch made it somewhat better, but the bolster is still ****ed up across the board. They should never have gone live with it.

Mordarion
04.17.2013 , 04:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
Bolster IS a step forward, you narrow minded people can't seem to get your head around it. Once they iron out the issues it will result in a smaller gear gap between those who come in, and those who are well geared..
Well stated about the troll comment but you lost it when you self righteously slander the rest of the forums as narrow minded... well played .

But more seriously at this point clearly we agree gear counts. Where we disagree is what follows. As I pointed out in another thread there is no bolster for operations... why should there be bolster for PvP?

The simple answer is there should not be some buff for undergeared sorts to do operations. There should be a base set of gear be it PvP or PvE. From there on the gear scales but only marginally.

Now you may disagree and that is fine, but please address both the part about bolster needing to be more refined for PvP (because clearly it is way off) as well as the counter that of a bolster for running ops .
THE RELENTLESS
- JEDI GUARDIAN | JEDI SHADOW -

- Guild Website -

Spoletta
04.17.2013 , 04:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordarion View Post
Well stated about the troll comment but you lost it when you self righteously slander the rest of the forums as narrow minded... well played .

But more seriously at this point clearly we agree gear counts. Where we disagree is what follows. As I pointed out in another thread there is no bolster for operations... why should there be bolster for PvP?

The simple answer is there should not be some buff for undergeared sorts to do operations. There should be a base set of gear be it PvP or PvE. From there on the gear scales but only marginally.

Now you may disagree and that is fine, but please address both the part about bolster needing to be more refined for PvP (because clearly it is way off) as well as the counter that of a bolster for running ops .
Maybe i can answer the part on the no bolster for operations:

Let's say i decide to pve. I can access the pve content at many levels, be it HM flashpoints, SM operation or something harder. I can make a decision based on my gear, and be sure that what i'm going to face is doable with what i'm wearing.

Let's say i decide to pvp. The only way to get into pvp is by joining wzs. The gear level required for a warzone is not a fixed value, but depends on the average equip level of the other 15 participants. I have no way to know it beforehand, putting myself at the risk of quite a negative experience and possibly ruining my unfortunate team mates experience as well. This is why when entering pvp having temporarily granted an average level gear is not a bad feature.

Hope that makes sense.

TLDR: In pve you choose what you challenge, in pvp you don't.

Mordarion
04.17.2013 , 05:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Those are some fair points but in fact we do have different levels... warzones and ranked warzones.

And before we go on understand I have been in a guild with server firsts and some ranked world firsts. So yes I understand my fully geared BiS PvE char runs rampant in a simple fps. And as I move up to operation level things are not so easy and if undergeared... I get steam rolled.

Now *no* I do not want the same harsh standards in PvP because as I pointed out you have some fair points. We do want everyone to be able to compete in warzones as wipes in warzones are not fun for anyone. But we had a solution pre-2.0... We had recruit gear.

Give everyone basic recruit gear. Then scale gear... partisan... conqueror... but only marginally. No one has issues that the guys doing ops have better gear, they earned it. Why do we have issues with full time Pvpers having better gear. the truth is most people do not. we just want the gap to be less severe. So yes the gap needs to be narrowed, but wonky buffs applied subjectively and inconsitently does not seem to be the best answer.

How does that sound?
THE RELENTLESS

- Guild Website -

Mordarion
04.17.2013 , 06:00 AM | #28
Those are some fair points but in fact we do have different levels... warzones and ranked warzones.

And before we go on understand I have been in a guild with server firsts and some ranked world firsts. So yes I understand my fully geared BiS PvE char runs rampant in a simple fps. And as I move up to operation level things are not so easy and if undergeared... I get steam rolled.

Now *no* I do not want the same harsh standards in PvP because as I pointed out you have some fair points. We do want everyone to be able to compete in warzones as wipes in warzones are not fun for anyone. But we had a solution pre-2.0... We had recruit gear.

Give everyone basic recruit gear. Then scale gear... partisan... conqueror... but only marginally. No one has issues that the guys doing ops have better gear, they earned it. Why do we have issues with full time Pvpers having better gear. the truth is most people do not. we just want the gap to be less severe. So yes the gap needs to be narrowed, but wonky buffs applied subjectively and inconsitently does not seem to be the best answer.

How does that sound?
THE RELENTLESS

- Guild Website -

Tankqull
04.17.2013 , 06:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
hes not a troll. he speaks the truth. it takes a couple of days to get full partisan gear. their is no need for bolster at 55. it has destroyed the game. people who are pvping without partisan gear are obviously not interested in pvping very much or they would have the gear. getting rolled for a couple of days after hitting 55 is not a big deal. they should remove bolster from endgame because right now it is a mess and any changes they do is just going to keep making it worse.
i do not completly agree to you, there are some people that do not lvl primarily by pvp to obtain the needed number of Wz-coms to achieve most partisan items when reaching 55 - but the bolster system could fix that easily if implemented with a bit of sense. the lvl 55 bracket bolster should be resticted to items below lvl 60 aka as lvl equip - those items should be bolstered to pvp equip 1 or two lvl below partisan, every item with an itemlvl of 60+ should not be bolstered at all. problem of pve equip beeing to strong in pve would be solved by that as it would not gain any expertise. if a pure pve´ler wants to pvp he has to strip and participate naked with bolstered stats that are below partisan.

only problem left would be pve hilts/barrels as pvp items cant compete to them maybe the pvp weapons should be increased in lvl(as they have been in 1.7(?)) but still remain below the second pve tier. that way the higher delve stats do not overwhelm expertise.

DharmaPolice
04.17.2013 , 06:11 AM | #30
In pve you choose what you challenge, in pvp you don't.
This is an excellent point and really reinforces my opinion that a better matchmaking / ladder system would be preferable to the more complex attempts to bolster people we're seeing at the moment.

If I start playing Starcraft 2 and I've never played before then I am put against other noobs. If I was put against a Diamond / Master level players it wouldn't be fun for either of us since the match would probably be over in under 3-4 minutes. I wouldn't have an opportunity to get better since every match would be such a crushing defeat. Most probably, I'd give up pretty quickly unless I was a total masochist. By playing other new / bad players, I'd at least have a chance to improve.

Last night I was in a Huttball match where a Level 55 player asked how to pass the ball. He was a Commando with the healing cell active and managed to do 0 healing. It's great that guy has decided to try PVP'ing but it's not really fair that the opposing team could well have 4-5+ players with Valor 100.

Ideally, every single match should be competitive - i.e. both sides should have a reasonable chance to win when the match starts. In non-ranked PVP at the moment, I'd say less that maybe 40% of matches truly fit this bill. The rest of the matches are crushing defeats or wins, depending on who is playing.

A side effect of a more balanced system would be longer queue times for very strong premades (as it would take longer to find a suitably strong opposing team). But that's not necessarily a bad thing - you want a faster queue, go solo. It wouldn't stop casual players queueing with their friends, and obviously would have no impact on ranked warzones (where a different matchmaking system is needed).
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse