Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Augments


Sentanta's Avatar


Sentanta
04.16.2013 , 11:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
you narrow minded people can't seem to get your head around it.
If you can't manage to get your point across without resulting to insults it's probably better if you don't post at all
“Good against remotes is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.”

A home for SWG vets!

Jeeses's Avatar


Jeeses
04.16.2013 , 11:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentanta View Post
They have messed up big time with PVP from the start - imo its not getting better its getting worse!

They've confirmed that they're trying to reduce the gear dependency of PvP, making it less about who is 100% decked out (should theoretically be better due to time spent earning) and more about who is actually better, they're keeping gear progression alive but reducing the gap between no gear and each set beyond what we have now.

Yes the issue with not being ready was BW/EA. However how do you suggest they properly test a game when there are barely any playing the game as is let alone on a PTR when anything done isn't at all beneficial?

Have they not trialled the bolster by releasing it in 2.0, and then adjusted it based on the errors attached (naked bolster.) they've already fixed one problem with it so where is your reasoning to suggest that they would not be already working to release additional adjustments to further improve it.

I stated that the posts above me were narrow minded because they are, simple as that. I wasn't using it as a way to boost my argument, its just a fact that they are narrow minded. Demanding something be totally removed before there is even a chance to test it on a real scale let alone make any further improvements screams narrow mindedness, I challenge anyone to argue that. Change is scary guys.

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
04.16.2013 , 11:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
bolster is here to stay by the looks of it. It is a good system, which needs to be played around with.

Pvp should be about how good a player is at their role, not how pretty their pixels are.
Bolster is making this happen, however it is definitely a work in progress.

PvE > PvP needs to be address urgently.

They clearly weren't ready at release of 2.0, however 16/4 patch made a improvement to the system so looks like its on its way up. Give it some time before you cry that its broken and demand it be removed.

How do you think anything would ever get better if devs didn't try something and then play with it over time....? Ever heard of trial and error?
ROFL!! Dude have you ever heard about test center? That's where they do the tests. But SWTOR PvP is already dumbed down to the ground, to the worst PvE players level no more bolster needed, those people are hopeless.

Jeeses's Avatar


Jeeses
04.16.2013 , 11:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
ROFL!! Dude have you ever heard about test center? That's where they do the tests. But SWTOR PvP is already dumbed down to the ground, to the worst PvE players level no more bolster needed, those people are hopeless.
I like SWTOR PvP, clearly you don't so go elsewhere?

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
04.17.2013 , 12:14 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
I like SWTOR PvP, clearly you don't so go elsewhere?
You're clearly in the minority here.

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
04.17.2013 , 12:15 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by lordkhouri View Post
Removing and re-adding augments to your gear in a war zone completely screws with bolster and gives you ridiculously high stats.

I took out a few just to test it and ended up up with almost 40k health in a warzone (up from 34k), and that was just from taking out 4 augments.

Obviously this is expensive, but it needs to be fixed none the less.
Thus why I'm not even PvP'ing, haven't done a 55 WZ but once.

Never thought I'd say it, but I think I'll just stick to PvE'ing and leveling alts.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
04.17.2013 , 12:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
And before you go on about how thats what the PTR is for etc etc and how your a paid sub blah blah blah:

Swtor has a relatively small player base, nothing compared to say WoW (omg i mentioned it.) We can't expect Devs to look at every single possibility in a PTR because the number of people on them would be so minimal in comparison to a PTR on a game of a much larger scale. So unfortunately because we are a smaller game things will always be pushed into live faster and dealt with if/when errors occur.
That's what the PTS IS for, small player base or not there is no excuse for this, ESPECIALLY when practically the same bug was on the PTS that was fixed on the PTS. You can white knight and defend BW all you want, but this massive change to bolster should of been tested much longer, and once, just once, BW should LISTEN to the people who test the damn game on the PTS.

ronniehenlau's Avatar


ronniehenlau
04.17.2013 , 12:33 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
That's what the PTS IS for, small player base or not there is no excuse for this, ESPECIALLY when practically the same bug was on the PTS that was fixed on the PTS. You can white knight and defend BW all you want, but this massive change to bolster should of been tested much longer, and once, just once, BW should LISTEN to the people who test the damn game on the PTS.
Well, when nobody is bothering to test on the PTS, there aint much point in keeping it up for testing, is there? Talked to a few from my server, who was in the queue during EU prime time for 2-3 hours without a pop. Do tell me good sir, how should they test it? Do you expect their internal QA department to never let a single bug slide through? We players can affect a huge chunk of their bug-resolving, but not when nobody can be bothered to test. Personally, I wasnt on the PTS. Despite several small (and a few bigger) issues with lots of things I care about (pvp, Makeb, operative roll etc), I voided my right to complain about their buggy release when I decided not to waste my precious time testing. They did also fix a lot of the issues from the PTS, and they explained very thorougly why they decided to launch it as-is.

Would you have been ok if they had launched everything for the game (pve-wise), but kept pvp-content (balancing, brackets etc) as they were pre-2.0? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt, and you would all be crying 'ZOMG Y U DO DIS BW FIX PVP IM GETTING OWNED BY 55s IN CONQ MY EWH GEAR COUNTS FOR NOTHING Q_Q'. (When I say you, I dont specifically mean the person I quoted, I mean the general 'You').

Ah, the tears of gear>skill people. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

TL;DR: BW are doing their own tests, but bugs tend to slide through. Stuff happens. Get over it.

Edit: Im not sure why I bothered replying to this Q_Q thread, probably to back up Jeeses. He's not alone, he's just part of the vocal minority, while trolls and whiners (yes that's you kids) are often in the vocal majority.
Yus - Operative Healer
Bållsdeep - Powertech Pyrotech[
And 15 more 55s)

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
04.17.2013 , 12:40 AM | #19
What in God's name convinced you to try removing and re-adding your augments? Why would you even try that? That's an exploit and should be fixed. Bolster is a pretty good idea though, I much prefer it over recruit gear, and once they get the kinks ironed out I think it will bear out to have been a huge improvement.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
04.17.2013 , 12:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ronniehenlau View Post
Well, when nobody is bothering to test on the PTS, there aint much point in keeping it up for testing, is there? Talked to a few from my server, who was in the queue during EU prime time for 2-3 hours without a pop. Do tell me good sir, how should they test it? Do you expect their internal QA department to never let a single bug slide through? We players can affect a huge chunk of their bug-resolving, but not when nobody can be bothered to test. Personally, I wasnt on the PTS. Despite several small (and a few bigger) issues with lots of things I care about (pvp, Makeb, operative roll etc), I voided my right to complain about their buggy release when I decided not to waste my precious time testing. They did also fix a lot of the issues from the PTS, and they explained very thorougly why they decided to launch it as-is.

Would you have been ok if they had launched everything for the game (pve-wise), but kept pvp-content (balancing, brackets etc) as they were pre-2.0? I'm pretty sure you wouldnt, and you would all be crying 'ZOMG Y U DO DIS BW FIX PVP IM GETTING OWNED BY 55s IN CONQ MY EWH GEAR COUNTS FOR NOTHING Q_Q'. (When I say you, I dont specifically mean the person I quoted, I mean the general 'You').

Ah, the tears of gear>skill people. They make me all warm and fuzzy inside.

TL;DR: BW are doing their own tests, but bugs tend to slide through. Stuff happens. Get over it.

Edit: Im not sure why I bothered replying to this Q_Q thread, probably to back up Jeeses. He's not alone, he's just part of the vocal minority, while trolls and whiners (yes that's you kids) are often in the vocal majority.
I don't know about you and your EU buddies, but the test server was plenty full when I was on it. Plenty of people were testing it, plenty of people were giving feedback, BW chose to ignore the feedback. And to top it all off, the bug the OP is talking about was running rampant on the PTS and was fixed. No excuse for a bug that was fixed to return.