Bringing back old Level 50 armours...

RandolphWaite

There's already a sort-of-similar thread in the Cartel Market suggestions section, I just thought this discussion could do with a bit more general exposure.

Since RotHC came out, all the old Level 50 gear (Columi/Rakata/Tionese etc.) has gone and been replaced with the new stuff, and it's no longer possible to get hold of any of these sets any more. As someone, and I'm sure I'm not the only one by a long chalk, who really liked the design of a lot of them (my personal favourites being these for Inquisitors - http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/centurionforcemysticfrontcloseup.jpg & http://tor-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/battlemasterstalkerempirefront1.jpg, and these for Troopers - http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/39/867/eliminiator_trooper.jpg), I think it's a real shame to just ditch them for good.

Obviously there's new level 50 gear out now, but there should at least be an option to get hold of some of the older stuff somehow, maybe through the Cartel Market or, even better, as crafting schematics (it could definitely give the value of crafting, and the in-game economy in general, a bit of a boost). Any thoughts?

I think that the gear for 50s that dont have the expansion should come back maybe not on the fleet maybe on the primary planet Dromund Kaas and Corucant. The 55 gear is nice but it makes it so 50s without the expansion become Obsolete. My 50 assassin is getting her *** beat by 30s they 2 shot her and shes wearing pvp gear that ive modded really well. Its just a suggestion but i think that the gear should come back for 50s on Dromund Kaas & Corucant. Edited by pillzkillz

I think that the gear for 50s that dont have the expansion should come back maybe not on the fleet maybe on the primary planet Dromund Kaas and Corucant. The 55 gear is nice but it makes it so 50s without the expansion become Obsolete. My 50 assassin is getting her *** beat by 30s they 2 shot her and shes wearing pvp gear that ive modded really well. Its just a suggestion but i think that the gear should come back for 50s on Dromund Kaas & Corucant.

So BW should add new things to the game so you don't have to buy their product?....

I think that the gear for 50s that dont have the expansion should come back maybe not on the fleet maybe on the primary planet Dromund Kaas and Corucant. The 55 gear is nice but it makes it so 50s without the expansion become Obsolete.

Isn't that rather the point, to get people to buy the expansion? It would make no financial sense to increase the cap and end-game content to 55 yet keep 50 still viable in a semi-sorta-kinda-end-gamish way.

I agree with you all, but it seems BW DOESN'T GIVE A **** FOR WHAT WE WANT.

They are always saying - Oh! We are listening to you on the forums and we will continue.

I would like to see they reply the posts that they are seeing.

I really like the lvl 50 end gear and I don't see any reason to remove them

- Oh! We are removing because there will be too much vendors on the fleet.

Common that is not an excuse. There is a lot of places to put vendors on!

Oh, you mean all the gear that everyone was whining about how un-starwars it was?

The gear that everyone was shouting on the forums about how ugly it was?

The gear that people loathed and only wore because they were too cheap and stingy to extract the mods from?

Yeah, sure, lets bring that back...

Oh, you mean all the gear that everyone was whining about how un-starwars it was?

The gear that people loathed and only wore because they were too cheap and stingy to extract the mods from?

You conflate the vocal players that disliked the gear with everyone. Not everyone hated the old gear, because not everyone has the same tastes. I thought some of the old gear was really nice looking.

I don't see any reason not to allow people to still obtain the old gear, if only in the form of crafting schematics, like they already do with the Battlemaster and War Hero sets.

They could, at a minimum, make some boxes with schematics for empty orange copies of all the removed pre-2.0 armor sets. These could be sold for credits through the classic comm vendor, same as the old Battlemaster schematics were for a while. That would at least give a viable option for people who really want the look or want to complete a partial set.

You conflate the vocal players that disliked the gear with everyone. Not everyone hated the old gear, because not everyone has the same tastes. I thought some of the old gear was really nice looking.

I don't see any reason not to allow people to still obtain the old gear, if only in the form of crafting schematics, like they already do with the Battlemaster and War Hero sets.

Of course not everyone hated them, but it certainly wasnt a vocal minority that were complaining about it. It was one of the most common complaints about the game, that the end-level gear didnt look like it belonged in a star wars game.

And then bioware listened to their community and removed it.

And now people are complaining about bioware not listening to their consumers.

Just trying to point out the irony in it all.

first we need more full helmets for heavy gear that go under hoods. so far i count only 1 and you need valor 60 for it :mad: and don't say revan mask because whose gonna waste 3-5 mil for that? Edited by -Kyuzo-

I would love to have the armors returned to the game. Maybe add some vendors that sell schematic boxes for Classic comms or even just credits...crafting them would require grade 6 materials plus one or two Biometric Crystal Alloy (it still drops from level 50 HM flashpoints, but isn't currently used for much). Craft up orange shells, have fun with appearances, et cetera et cetera.

If they do this, though, they really ought to add in empty orange schematics for mainhand/offhand weapons. A lot of them had cool, even unique, appearances and would give us Armstechs (not to forget Artificers) something to do.

Not to mention, the Tionese/Columi/Rakata weapons all had their own names, things like "The Medal Pinner" and "Terentatek's Bane" and "Crossfire Cara's Little Helper", and that really adds some character to them in my opinion. Bring 'em back, BioWare!

I agree with you all, but it seems BW DOESN'T GIVE A **** FOR WHAT WE WANT.

They are always saying - Oh! We are listening to you on the forums and we will continue.

I would like to see they reply the posts that they are seeing.

I really like the lvl 50 end gear and I don't see any reason to remove them

- Oh! We are removing because there will be too much vendors on the fleet.

Common that is not an excuse. There is a lot of places to put vendors on!

they should add a vendor with name old armor sets and add those old sets (as a set pack) with today coms,and to continue this with the future old armor sets, simple solution

Edited by Kissakias

Just because some (or even most) didn't like them, doesn't mean there aren't those who do like them. If they bring them back, those who don't like them don't have to wear them... but those who do like them are no longer denied the choice.

• 1 month later...

It's a shame that those gears were removed, they could at least leave them to be sold as empty shells.

Maybe do a reputation system to acquire them..something like that, but not remove them from the game.

It's a shame that those gears were removed, they could at least leave them to be sold as empty shells.

Maybe do a reputation system to acquire them..something like that, but not remove them from the game.

How many threads are you going to necro to copy-paste that into?

• 3 weeks later...
first we need more full helmets for heavy gear that go under hoods. so far i count only 1 and you need valor 60 for it :mad: and don't say revan mask because whose gonna waste 3-5 mil for that?

Ret*rded f*cks? Seriously, I've seen 5 10 mil masks go up TODAY. ALL OF THEM GOT SOLD! People are IDIOTS.

• 3 months later...
I too would love to have those old "vintage" sets available through cartel market (read : adaptable armor), since my latest toons never had a chance to earn those gear.

you just copy and pasted this in like 4 threads.

Reported.

Also, id like to use this as an opportunity to tell everyone about how bioware should make the Energized and Exotech series armor's BoE instead of the current BoP so i can crafte them for people. Thanks.

This is MMO and every MMO need some unique stuff I play this game from start I have only one set of old stuff I would love to have more for my alts but I prefer more for BW to not bring old gear in fact any old stuff should stay unique. There is lots of thing I would like to have which I could not afford back then. But I still prefer for them to stay this way. It’s a legacy all players carry thru the game and if you did not get it or did not played back then, then you should not have it.

And if you did delete something ohh man you should know, never delete anything in MMO

This are vintage items now just leave it this way.

I honestly don't have any problem with them bringing back a "shell" at least, why should I? It hardly affects my game any and if folks want that old gear- why can't they get it? After all, 55+ levels is an awfully long time to be staring at an outfit you just can't stand the look of. :)

• 1 month later...
This is MMO and every MMO need some unique stuff I play this game from start I have only one set of old stuff I would love to have more for my alts but I prefer more for BW to not bring old gear in fact any old stuff should stay unique. There is lots of thing I would like to have which I could not afford back then. But I still prefer for them to stay this way. It’s a legacy all players carry thru the game and if you did not get it or did not played back then, then you should not have it.

And if you did delete something ohh man you should know, never delete anything in MMO

This are vintage items now just leave it this way.

A thousand times this. Some stuffs need to be extinct and rare in MMOs.

I'd rather wear a piece of gear no longer obtainable than a Founder title for instance.

I remember those days and I can confirm what you're saying.

I think that the gear for 50s that dont have the expansion should come back maybe not on the fleet maybe on the primary planet Dromund Kaas and Corucant. The 55 gear is nice but it makes it so 50s without the expansion become Obsolete. My 50 assassin is getting her *** beat by 30s they 2 shot her and shes wearing pvp gear that ive modded really well. Its just a suggestion but i think that the gear should come back for 50s on Dromund Kaas & Corucant.

Get rid of the PvP gear you are using. If you wear ANYTHING with expertise on it before 55 you are actually gimping yourself in warzones. Bolster gives you capped expertise...unless you wear expertise, then the total you get from bolster gets smaller and smaller based on how much you already have on. Bolster takes away more exp than the gap your gear is trying to fill, meaning you are weakening yourself by wearing that old pvp gear if you don't strip that expertise out of it.

Get mad because you're using PVP gear for PVE. That'll help.