Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
FREE EXPERTISE = unbalance pvp

dego-harmonium
04.17.2013 , 04:37 AM | #21
I worse a mish mash of gear yesterday a mix of Underworld/Verpine/Black market with EWH relics and a conq main hand, I was pushing around 1630 exp/2700 cunning (w/o stim)
My guildie who is mostly conq had 2600 main stat with an extra 400 expertise,

For me i didnt mind loss of the extra 4-5% dmg reduction as i usually heal so im not worried about my dmg output and the bonus healing from the loss of 400 expertise is minor
Arterial

Frakkensteinse
04.17.2013 , 04:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Prodiigy View Post
No onei is saying that but someone who wears pve gear should not have better stats than some one in full pvp gear.
Why not? If the difference is minimal a veteran PVPer should dominate a casual PVEer anyway. If its a large advantage for the PVE gear it must be a bug since I cant imagine anyone thinking that its fair that a random casual PVEer with limited or none experienceof PVP should dominate the more experienced PVPer based on gear. A skilled player should always be able to outplay a lesser skilled player BASED ON SKILL though.
Take a pick: arguing by ignorance or arguing by confirming the arguments you find meaningless.

AngusFTW
04.17.2013 , 04:41 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Prodiigy View Post
No one has full 72 gear yet so how do u know this ? I get more stats from using a matrix cube than my ewh relic.
ewh relic still has expertise so its kinda bugged since the rest of wh/ewh is all now pve with no expertise.
Nobody has full 72 gear, i personally have 2 pieces and when u use 72 gear you lose about 50-60 expertise per piece. In full pve high tier gear you will not have as much expertise so you won't gain an advantage and a developer has stated that you will have around 1300 in full underworld.
69s are a similar thing btw.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

szczypaczek
04.17.2013 , 06:01 AM | #24
Im a new player and i like the changes, pvp is now open for me, so i can farm my 55 lvl pvp sets and enjoy not being destroyed by "pro" players who just simply outgear me. I think this whine is all about " Look now i cant one shot undergeared players, that makes me sad !!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven." This is the step in right direction, where pvp isn't a freaking hell for a newcomer.

Cody-licious
04.17.2013 , 06:47 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by szczypaczek View Post
Im a new player and i like the changes, pvp is now open for me, so i can farm my 55 lvl pvp sets and enjoy not being destroyed by "pro" players who just simply outgear me. I think this whine is all about " Look now i cant one shot undergeared players, that makes me sad !!!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven." This is the step in right direction, where pvp isn't a freaking hell for a newcomer.
This is exactly what I understood to be Bioware's overall intent with their changes to the Bolster system. They wanted to remove as much as possible the unfair advantage that gear was bestowing on individuals over newbies. The god-awful PvP experience for fresh Recruit-geared 50s (and even those who had maxed out their ranked and ordinary warzone commendations) was pushing players away from warzones, thereby potentially increasing queue times and ultimately removing Ranked queues from some servers entirely.

The changes with yesterday's patch -- which will further refine the benefits of wearing Partisan/Conq gear over ANY PvE gear -- should hopefully give the PvP 'veterans' something to work towards again.
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

announcerharris
04.17.2013 , 06:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
QFE, Why doe BW feel a need to dick over all the work we put into gearing out our characters at every corner? I feel like I might as well take a year off and come back just as well geared as anyone else.
This is exactly the point. How do you not see that this is good for the game?
Phalcon hopes you Have A Nice Day!

batleths
04.17.2013 , 07:49 AM | #27
the whole point is that YES PVP gear is under stats compared to the same level pvp gear then you give expertise to the pve players for free . Expertise is to level the playing field for pvp but if you give pve geared players the same expertise as the first level pvp players who had to get new gear and wh gear lost it expertise and has lower stats than the best pve gear at the same level. no hope just look around people have to work for weeks to get gear pve play once a week and can get full pvp gear because they out gun and WIN more often, causing the pvp to slow get gear with loses.

translucentwolf
04.17.2013 , 08:21 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Quinlynn View Post
AGREE and have canceled. Not going to grind PVE gear cause PVE sucks.

Not going to grind PVP gear for a third ******* time.

EA / BW go **** yourselves.
So long, farewell
Auf Weidersehen, goodbye
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

batleths
04.17.2013 , 09:15 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
The pve gear with ridicously better stats then the pvp gear loses out on expertise so full 69/72 won't be as viable as the pvp gear..
Well wrong again i was standing next to a player with full level 50 pve gear and with 2 level 55 gear. His expertise was 1850. Mine with full first level pvp gear is 1720. both being rage jugs his gear plus the expertise gave him much better stats and hp. So expertise is good if you have pve gear not if your in pvp gear. IT DOES NOT LEVEL PVP GEAR TO PVE GEAR ANY MORE. IT GIVES BONUS TO THE PVE GEAR .THAT IS IT. NOT EQUAL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

AngusFTW
04.17.2013 , 09:17 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by batleths View Post
Well wrong again i was standing next to a player with full level 50 pve gear and with 2 level 55 gear. His expertise was 1850. Mine with full first level pvp gear is 1720. both being rage jugs his gear plus the expertise gave him much better stats and hp. So expertise is good if you have pve gear not if your in pvp gear. IT DOES NOT LEVEL PVP GEAR TO PVE GEAR ANY MORE. IT GIVES BONUS TO THE PVE GEAR .THAT IS IT. NOT EQUAL IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM
If your expertise is 1720 you're doing something wrong probably mixing pve and pvp mods on a single piece of gear... (remember your wh/ewh is now PVE gear) big nono for bolster.. and 1850 is quite low also.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch