Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul Overlord on Taris

HandOfKane
04.28.2013 , 09:59 PM | #21
I definitely remembered seeing him in the power plant while getting the datacron, even killed him with the other guy at one point.

YoshiRaphElan
04.28.2013 , 10:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eata-Rowga View Post
his respawn was always bad
i think it's similar to the fallen Jedi on Korriban
the best chance to get him -> a new instance
So where is this Jedi? I've never seen him.

althene
04.29.2013 , 04:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
If he's spawned, he'll be guarding the datacron in the area with the two heroic 2+ missions. He's ganked me a couple times while I merrily skipped around the corner to pick up my 'cron. For the level range, he's actually kind of a beast.

JFEverlast
05.08.2013 , 02:46 AM | #24
Finally got him. Here is a picture just to show how much health he has and the achievement.

Rakghoul Overlord Health

Liberator of Taris

ZeroPlus
06.03.2013 , 06:53 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Yeah... spent the last 2 days on Taris and no sign of this guy.

Sad part: I've killed him at least 3 times that I remember in the past before the achievement system. Now he doesn't spawn and my past kills don't count.

Please fix his spawn rate Bioware. Standing around for hours waiting for a monster to spawn is not fun.
Finally got him!

Logged out yesterday in front of his spawn spot. (He wasn't there.)

Logged in this morning at about 09:30 GMT. Still not there. Checked and only one instance of Taris was up. Waited and waited. At about 11:45 GMT a new instance of Taris was spawned (the current instance was at 116 players when I noticed the new instance). Switched to instance (2). He was there! Killed him. Dinged the achievement! Did a happy dance and logged out.

It is confirmed. He must only spawn once per server reset/instance "creation". The trick was waiting at his spawn spot until a new instance is created for Taris and then switching to that instance to catch him.

Hope that helps others waiting/wanting to kill him.

Good luck!
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Nerdcommando
06.06.2013 , 05:50 PM | #26
Bioware please adjust this re-spawn rate on this NPC. Its ridiculus to demand that people wait so long for it.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright

MitchPB
06.06.2013 , 06:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Same here, i've lost count of how many times i've been through Korriban, never seen him.
<BOG>
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists> | <Concept>

ArtheReibri
06.18.2013 , 05:36 PM | #28
Day 5 of logging on in this spot, still no luck. It's aggravating.

Tark
07.30.2013 , 10:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ArtheReibri View Post
Day 5 of logging on in this spot, still no luck. It's aggravating.
Same experience. BioWare? Hmmmm?

Quintain
07.30.2013 , 05:15 PM | #30
I'm on Jung Ma, and we don't have the population to spawn a second instance. I have been camping the spot with an alt for 2 weeks without luck. And I am at work when the servers reset for patches, so no luck there.

Bioware, please help us and modify the spawn timer. It is impossible for some to kill this mob if it only spawns at server reset or instance spawn. Hopefully you will at least let us know you are reading this.

Quintain,
Jung Ma
Night's Radiance