Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Assault Cannon Needed?

formosus
04.16.2013 , 06:36 PM | #1
Quick question. Am leveling a commando wondering if an assault cannon is needed or if i can just use a blaster rifle

Anysao
04.16.2013 , 06:39 PM | #2
Depends on the spec. If you're healing, you don't need to worry about the weapon, rifle is fine. If you're gunnery, you'll have a hard time without the cannon. If you're assault spec, then you can probably make off with just a rifle. You won't be able to use charged bolt, but that's fairly useless anyways.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!

formosus
04.16.2013 , 06:46 PM | #3
Thanks for the quick response

oaceen
04.16.2013 , 08:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Anysao View Post
You won't be able to use charged bolt, but that's fairly useless anyways.
is it opposite day again?

charged bolts is to assault as grav round is to gunnery

GeckoOBac
04.16.2013 , 09:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
is it opposite day again?

charged bolts is to assault as grav round is to gunnery
Not so strictly but yeah.

Also, rifle has lower damage. Yes you can use it but in the end you'll be gimping yourself.
It doesn't matter for healing as the difference is only in weapon damage (which combat medic doesn't use ofc).
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

Ycoga
04.18.2013 , 06:55 AM | #6
Can a commando use a pistol?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

TUXs
04.18.2013 , 08:40 AM | #7
Don't be stupid OP. Roll a Vanguard if you want to use a rifle. Commandos USE Assault Cannons.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Bleeters
04.18.2013 , 11:00 AM | #8
I leveled just fine with a rifle as Gunnery. The difference is negligible enough to be irrelevant in most circumstances.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
No.

Stebbinn
04.18.2013 , 05:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
No, but in conversations you use a pistol when killing something but only in conversations.

Skylarc
04.18.2013 , 07:55 PM | #10
I'm starting to think that all these posts are just an elaborate troll meant to eat away at my reason and sanity.

Yes. You can level without an assault cannon. Do I recommend it? No. You lose a couple good abilities and why sell yourself short for no reason?

I never would.
Akil'zon: 55 Combat Medic: <The Elite>
Skylarc: 55 Defense Guardian: <The Elite>
Akil'zen: Marksmanship Sniper: <We got death star>