Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Major lag after 2.0.0b

shoneyyo
04.16.2013 , 04:45 PM | #1
Server: The Shadowlands
When: After 2.0.0b.
Place: Everywhere
Frequency: ALWAYS
Min. Lag: 600ms / Max Lag: 1700ms
State: Unplayable.

Thanks.

Viporius
04.16.2013 , 06:00 PM | #2
HA! ive had that problem since patch 1.73a. 2.0 made it worse and 2.0b is way worse. IT"S NOT MY CONNECTION! I have already made posts about these issues and it seems no one in BW/EA gives a crap. This made me miss out on my early access cause of the MS bug 1.73a gave and now i cant even play the game cause of my ms shotting up as high as 115,875MS and NOT kicking me out of game! WHAT THE HELL!?

shoneyyo
04.16.2013 , 06:23 PM | #3
Interesting... This also became common to me after 1.73a. Although, before it was only ocasional lag spikes and unplayable moments for about half an hour. Today though, the lag is constant at 600ms, which makes the game unplayable and it has been like 10 hours. Quite frustrating. Also, my connection is fine too.

Viporius
04.16.2013 , 06:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by shoneyyo View Post
Interesting... This also became common to me after 1.73a. Although, before it was only ocasional lag spikes and unplayable moments for about half an hour. Today though, the lag is constant at 600ms, which makes the game unplayable and it has been like 10 hours. Quite frustrating. Also, my connection is fine too.

this is good. this tells me that patch 1.73a was indeed a bad patch. My MS is constantly up to 600-20K+. I usually run about 30-60ms (west coast). Ive tried everything from running NETSTAT/PINGPLOTTER/TRACERT. still cannot for the life of me pin point the problem. ive tried contacting CS and got nothing but rudeness from them and them telling me to switch ISP's. I mean really? can they even do that? I just wish someone would tell me what the hell is going on. I cant even play the game for 5 mins without my SWTOR GUI saying im at 600+MS. I also ran a speedtest on www.speedtest.net and it came out fine. HELP BIOWARE!

I also made several posts about this issue as well.......

Zygran
04.16.2013 , 06:50 PM | #5
Same. Was fine yesterday, today the lag is getting me seriously killed in PvP. I'm going to wear out my Naga from mashing the buttons so often.

Server: The Harbinger
Min. Lag: 110ms / Max Lag: 1200ms

Side-note: tracert to swtor.com is fine until I get off of the comcast backbone. Once it's on alter.net switches I start seeing 100ms latency consistently. Dunno if this helps.
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

Viporius
04.16.2013 , 06:53 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Zygran View Post
Same. Was fine yesterday, today the lag is getting me seriously killed in PvP. I'm going to wear out my Naga from mashing the buttons so often.

Min. Lag: 110ms / Max Lag: 1200ms
Server: The Bastion
When: After patch 1.73a
Min. Lag: 600ms Max: 20K+ms

Zygran
04.16.2013 , 08:00 PM | #7
Updated NIC drivers. No change.

Others on Harbinger are reporting the same issue.
I do it all because I'm evil
And I do it all for free
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need

stratataisen
04.16.2013 , 08:16 PM | #8
I'm getting the same lag here.

Place: Pretty much everywhere.
Frequency: ALWAYS (to the point that people die because I can't heal them >.<)

I had similar lag back with 1.73a then when the early access for RotHC hit, the lag went away. Now it's back again, and worse then before.

Kerdor
04.16.2013 , 08:31 PM | #9
Also experiencing the lag issue blues on Harbinger. Very similar to an issue with Alternet from January. Seems to have cropped up this morning with 2.0.0b; as no major lagspikes even on full Makeb instances on Monday.

Getting 500-3k ms ping spikes; even on ship.

Pathping and ping duration included below spoliers; from ~ 7pm PDT.

Pathping
Spoiler

Ping over the same duration
Spoiler

azhuresun
04.16.2013 , 08:34 PM | #10
Also getting massive lag on Harbinger after 2.0.0b.

pathping:
Spoiler