Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An update on the One-Time-Password system (April 16th 2013)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
An update on the One-Time-Password system (April 16th 2013)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blackavaar's Avatar


Blackavaar
04.17.2013 , 02:16 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Cool.

Are you able to share any specifics? Is it the same setting for everyone?
Why don't you just walk over to his desk and ask him?

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.17.2013 , 02:19 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
And he wasn't asking you to solve it... so why would he give you the nitty-gritty details?
He does not have to. But I also don't expect him to misrepresent what he said either.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.17.2013 , 02:20 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Why don't you just walk over to his desk and ask him?

Cute. Petty.. and based on a falsehood... but cute.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

FuryoftheStars's Avatar


FuryoftheStars
04.17.2013 , 02:22 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
He does not have to. But I also don't expect him to lie about it either.
How in the heck did you come to that conclusion??
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
04.17.2013 , 02:23 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
He came here adding his voice to those that are fed up with the rings and hoops. Your point 1 on your first post to him (and subsequent post) were attacking. So following those up with a "here's how not to get attacked" is still a form of attack.

Quite frankly, there are some people that are going to have this problem no matter how hard they or anyone else tries fixing things on the client's end. People deserve a place to have their voice heard for the frustration they are going through. Again, don't like it? Don't read their post. If they're crying for help but provide no details, then either move on or request more details. Pick on things that are not factual, consider it as being ignorant/misinformed (because that is not being rude), but don't pick on how they posted by saying nobody cares. That is being polite.
In my opinion, it is NOT polite for them to be arrogant and disrespectful. I disagree with your attitude, assuming that someone venting is under NO obligation to be respectful, but I am.

Excuse me? People continue to make excuses and complain because of personal reasons -- I'm sorry if it's "picking on them" by stating a fact -- people don't care whether or not you're upset because your girlfriend can't log on. Unnecessary information is unnecessary.

You're welcome to follow your own advice though -- don't like my posts? Ignore me, and don't read them.

/endbicker

FuryoftheStars's Avatar


FuryoftheStars
04.17.2013 , 02:25 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
He does not have to. But I also don't expect him to misrepresent what he said either.
Ninja edit ftw.

You are making assumptions about him. Yes, he has other gripes about the game. That does not mean that they are the root cause of his wanting to leave. That's a leap of logic that does not flow smoothly.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.17.2013 , 02:28 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
Ninja edit ftw.

You are making assumptions about him. Yes, he has other gripes about the game. That does not mean that they are the root cause of his wanting to leave. That's a leap of logic that does not flow smoothly.
Yes.. I edited... to be more polite. Shocking I know.

LOOK.. if you cannot bother to read what he claimed + my comment back in context (he claimed he provided specifics) I really cannot help you with your thought process. Please go back and read. Right now.. you appear to just be focused on jumping on myself and Kilora for the sake of jumping. IMO, you have become ironicly bound to the very thing you are jumping about.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.17.2013 , 02:30 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
How in the heck did you come to that conclusion??
Please read recent posts between he and I... rather then jumping.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

XStar_MT's Avatar


XStar_MT
04.17.2013 , 02:32 PM | #109
I am just saying that a login in a game may not take 5-20 minutes, because everything takes so long just annoys people. The normal one shoud only take 1-2, that is normal that is manageable and does not interfere.
But if you only have to open the browser then has to go to his email provider, and then go to the mail box, that's too complicated and annoys people. And who uses Outlook must also start it first and that takes sometimes too, unless it always starts with the launch of Windows.
And as long as one is always forced to open a further program to get playing swtor there will always be people who are dissatisfied.
And this problem can be solving in get a high sets the decay time, because it shows me that this system was not properly through roof, otherwise you would not say now which one the decay time high sat needs and if that is still not enough then again.
If you had think from the beginning than this problem coudnot exist , because you has think about the Emailproviders Spamfilltes.
Anyone who operates an MMO should not also fokousing on the players which living in the U.S.A because there are other people form diffent Countys with other Interntproviders,like in Europe, in addition to noticed one of the major markets for SWTOR is, many users from where have IPaddress ehich change frequently so you have also a Solution for them if you start a new system, if you donot than you donot think about them. And if you say "you work on it "afterwards louning a new system than you donot think about them agan. In the End this shows me that BW didn`t think much about ther new System.
And do for me with the whole text of BW is admission that they have not think about the new System and that th donot care about the Peopel who donot live in the U.S.A. Because if BW had Think about the People in Europ than the miet not launch thats a bad new System, where a lot of People unhappy are whit it.
And unhappy coustumers a very bad for a F2P game, because the will tell it evreywhere and unhappy coustumers donot speend money for a game and no money mins no game.
Also i misse some answers in the the text like:
why is there no token in EU? a linke to that answere woud be nice,if it exist.
How do i get the Mobiltoken if i have no IPhone or Androidphone?
what if you have a new email adress?
lost you Emailadress information, like the passwort?
why the new system?
is it wirly sylier as the the secourity Questens? for me not because:
it will not save my acount for a hack : if EA/BW is hackt my datas are gone, if my PC is Hackt the datas are gone, if my email acoount is hackt the datas are gone.
if you are login form a Hotspot there it is easyly to get your passwort and acountnames for SWtor accouns and for the Emailacount. (a Hotspot is open for every one so every on can get in the Hotspot and there is no sercourity in a Hotspot whits menens Hacker can read all the daters you tipp in the browser,)
it only save your acount aginst direct hacks, but that woud do a Seruretyquestions too. And a 100% secourity a gainst Hacks does not exists, because a Hacker will find always a way , if he realy wans.

PS:i have writh that text doring the time i wait to get to play SWtor (20min)
Nun schon seit 20 Jahren im Geschäft: http://www.youtube.com/user/theves123
ich Suche nette, Hilfbereite, PVE orentirte, Republikanische/ Imperiale, immer aktive Gilde Nicht

FuryoftheStars's Avatar


FuryoftheStars
04.17.2013 , 02:32 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
In my opinion, it is NOT polite for them to be arrogant and disrespectful. I disagree with your attitude, assuming that someone venting is under NO obligation to be respectful, but I am.

Excuse me? People continue to make excuses and complain because of personal reasons -- I'm sorry if it's "picking on them" by stating a fact -- people don't care whether or not you're upset because your girlfriend can't log on. Unnecessary information is unnecessary.

You're welcome to follow your own advice though -- don't like my posts? Ignore me, and don't read them.

/endbicker
And your getting after him for the unnecessary information is unnecessary.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel