Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

mercs please stop queueing as healers

Never_Hesitate
04.30.2013 , 05:07 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Nobody is a healer at level 10.
He already answered that

| with this
v

Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
This was HM.
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

DeadDogBarking
05.04.2013 , 02:04 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
They are probably doing it by mistake, the group finder defaults to selecting both roles for you.
I had this happen to me and it seems more possible if you change machines or reinstall (ie stored in pref files in user folders). It happened once by not knowing, but even with being careful it has still happened again.

off topic but related
About Merc healers. They are combat medics. They need to add damage while also healing. I do not play one because switching cyclinders and targeting both enemies and friends is not my cup of tea in a fast fight. But a good DPS merc should still have their aoe heal fart (thats what it looks like) hit the close in folks on top of the boss or them and healer standing back. A healer Merc can like wise add the AOE death from above and instant missiles (should not try set up 3-5 step rotation). I know yall can quote exceptions, but in short Commando/Merc healers do play different not good or bad just different. And it does make for some very sub par players.

Flintfire
05.04.2013 , 03:08 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DeadDogBarking View Post
I had this happen to me and it seems more possible if you change machines or reinstall (ie stored in pref files in user folders). It happened once by not knowing, but even with being careful it has still happened again.

off topic but related
About Merc healers. They are combat medics. They need to add damage while also healing. I do not play one because switching cyclinders and targeting both enemies and friends is not my cup of tea in a fast fight. But a good DPS merc should still have their aoe heal fart (thats what it looks like) hit the close in folks on top of the boss or them and healer standing back. A healer Merc can like wise add the AOE death from above and instant missiles (should not try set up 3-5 step rotation). I know yall can quote exceptions, but in short Commando/Merc healers do play different not good or bad just different. And it does make for some very sub par players.

As a merc healer/dps (i alternate between two, healer in fps) Mercs do have a few very hard hitting attacks such as unload, explosive dart, rail shot, and DFA. I tend to stay on top of healing especially if I have a tank who loses aggro and enemies go after dps (healers worst nightmare, right?), but in some trash mobs or on some bosses, I throw in some of my stronger attacks occasionally. In fact, when pushing foes off of cliffs, you got to admit the merc knockback does the job perfectly. So if theyre not healing, by all means tell them, but the sign of a great merc is one who can manage things enough to send a few pot shots the way of the enemies.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

Cursedii
05.04.2013 , 10:15 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by skullkandy View Post
I swear every flashpoint I get into with any of my characters has at least one merc and not one single time have I seen a merc cast a heal on anyone but themselves..
Literally nobody believes this, you are a liar. No person, merc or not, would queue as heals without the intent of healing. The flashpoint would be over before it began.

Also, you will appreciate my merc off healing once i pop two instant heals on you, because you have to stand in range of the stun from hard mode hammer station's bonus boss. Or when any smart merc rains kolto missle on the stack because its the right thing to do. Not to mention the damage we can do as healers.

Merc pride, world wide.