Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

mercs please stop queueing as healers

nbayer
04.16.2013 , 01:15 PM | #11
They are probably doing it by mistake, the group finder defaults to selecting both roles for you.

MonkeyCannon
04.16.2013 , 01:42 PM | #12
This happens often with classes that can do 2 roles whether they are healing or tanking. The OPs specific issue with mercs seems like a server problem. However, on my server, I've seen DPS "Healers" and DPS "Tanks" on both factions. And it's not merely a noob issue with not setting your role, people intentionally do this and expect everyone else to "pull their own damage like i am". They simply say, why bother queuing as dps if it takes less time to que as something else? The most I can do is put them on my ignore list and hope I dont get stuck in a group with them.

skullkandy
04.16.2013 , 01:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
You said

and

and

Which I disagreed with because
  • I don't actually see that many Mercs in my groups as Healer, and I run a lot of FPs since my Tank queue pops constantly
  • When I do have a Merc healer, they do a very good job and aren't trying to off-spec it as DPS. And certainly not any more often than Sorcs or Ops that I might encounter doing that (rarely).

I don't see how my response is mis-reading anything you said. I'm just disagreeing with you: sure, people queueing as the "wrong" role is annoying, but I don't see it happening disproportionately more with Mercs. And almost all the Mercs I encounter are good at their role.
you said, a bunch of stuff and cut up my post leaving parts out to try and make a point that you failed at.

I said don't be a d-bag and queue for a role that you aren't going to play when others actually are trying to play that role. I don't see that as some huge argument for you to forum warrior over. don't be a d-bag is a pretty simple request.

Mercs are the one class I see doing this more than anyone, anecdotal sure but anything anyone says on this forum is anecdotal.
not once did I complain about mercs being bad healers, I know you would have something to get your panties in a bunch about if I did.....but no matter how much you wish that were the case I pointed out multiple times it's mercs who are not healing. say it with me one more time, are not healing.

Kaos_KidSWTOR
04.16.2013 , 02:03 PM | #14
I havent had any issues with this. I myself am a proficent Merc Healer and a DPS Operative (working on a Marauder) and have never had any issues with Merc Healers healing properly. One thing we need is a View Specification in the character sheet so that you can check if they are truely healer or not.

skullkandy
04.16.2013 , 02:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
I havent had any issues with this. I myself am a proficent Merc Healer and a DPS Operative (working on a Marauder) and have never had any issues with Merc Healers healing properly. One thing we need is a View Specification in the character sheet so that you can check if they are truely healer or not.
merc healers can heal just fine.

mercs who don't use a single heal aren't merc healers.

LydMekk
04.16.2013 , 11:16 PM | #16
Kick and replace.

jovianus
04.16.2013 , 11:33 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Happened in an Esseles run and Taral V while I was tanking on my Shadow.
Esseles/BT are kind of special cases. Nobody has their key abilities or talents at that point, and unless your group is doing something horribly, horribly wrong a single untalented heal is more than enough to complete the FP.

JouerTue
04.17.2013 , 02:11 AM | #18
i've seen this only at low levels..and it becomes an issue only when, if you queue as healer in dps spec ,you'll lack of key abilities. in HM i've just seen healers coming in as dds( happened to me on my op, because i had an update on the roles while replacing a kicked guy..) and they are not so bad...
i'd suggest everyone to try to heal, cause it's fun and if you know that role you'll learn something about a key mechanic of the game..it's important to know the other roles imo.
tanking is a bit different..i've healed some dps playing that role, specially in planetary heroics, and some classes do it better than others(shadows/sins, PT/vanguards) but the differences in the gear do not admit it quite well on HM unless the guy is overgeared with a lot of hps..

p.s. the PEWPEWPEW is really nice and makes you feel kind of loved by your healer while tanking :-)

Seireeni
04.17.2013 , 09:29 AM | #19
I don't mind people doing this, actually, if they know what they're doing and can actually play the role the queued as. But I also have to say that I see a sorc healer a lot more often than a merc healer. And that's a lot more often.

tanerb
04.17.2013 , 09:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
Kick and replace.
Takes forever to find a healer .I used to choose decline when I see merc healer but as a dps waiting times are up to 2 hours so not much choice. Also last time merc healer did a good job for change.

actually my other problem is powertech tanks.