Best skill build for a Vanguard DPS?

Akilus

I'm a little new to MMORPG's to be honest and I am not sure what skills I should reach on. I'm a level 51 Vanguard DPS at the moment who is focusing on Eliminator gear. For the best performance in preferably PvE, which skill build is the best for me?

I'm a little new to MMORPG's to be honest and I am not sure what skills I should reach on. I'm a level 51 Vanguard DPS at the moment who is focusing on Eliminator gear. For the best performance in preferably PvE, which skill build is the best for me?

I'm sorry, (I know I'm going to come across as being a hard ***), but how can you have reached 51 playing a Vanguard and still be "not sure what skills I should reach on"????

This is a serious question. Think about it.

It really isn't that hard to look at the trees and decide how to you want to build your character. Especially since you are already level 51. You've played the character for 51 levels! You must have an idea about how it plays and what you prefer.

There are 2 damage trees.

Tactics: based around using Gut to place a bleed DoT, using High Energy Cell to increase the DoT damage and using certain abilities to trigger a free Stockstrike and a guaranteed critical High Impact Bolt (HIB).

Assault: based around using Plasma Cell, using certain abilites to "force" Plasma Cell's burn DoT to trigger, placing additional DoTs on the target (we now get a total of 3 DoTs) and using other abilites to trigger a reset of HIB's cooldown and make HIB cost no ammo.

The various tiers (levels) in the trees have talents that increase Damage and others that provide "utility" and/or survivabiity.

Knowing the above, decide how *you* want to play (Tactics or Assault) and then go up that tree taking the talents that will either increase your damage or increase your utility/survivability.

Read the talent tooltips. Think about they say. Think about how talents interact with each other. If needed, switch the order you use your attacks in to maximise synergies between abilites or make cooldowns align better for a smoother flow of abilites. If you don't like the tree you chose, or you realize that a talent you took is not useful to you, don't be afraid to reset your talent tree and try again.

It really isn't that hard. It also has the added advantage that since it is "your" talent tree that "you" built, "you" will know how best to use it (instead of trying to get your head around "someone else's" talent choices).

Go through the talent trees. Think about a build. Then build it and play with it. Correct as needed.

Having said all of the above, if you really want someone else to tell how to do it, search this very forum: there are many people posting their builds.

Level 51 and still "not sure what skills I should reach on".... :eek:

/rant off

I'm sorry, (I know I'm going to come across as being a hard ***), but how can you have reached 51 playing a Vanguard and still be "not sure what skills I should reach on"????

This is a serious question. Think about it.

It really isn't that hard to look at the trees and decide how to you want to build your character. Especially since you are already level 51. You've played the character for 51 levels! You must have an idea about how it plays and what you prefer.

There are 2 damage trees.

Tactics: based around using Gut to place a bleed DoT, using High Energy Cell to increase the DoT damage and using certain abilities to trigger a free Stockstrike and a guaranteed critical High Impact Bolt (HIB).

Assault: based around using Plasma Cell, using certain abilites to "force" Plasma Cell's burn DoT to trigger, placing additional DoTs on the target (we now get a total of 3 DoTs) and using other abilites to trigger a reset of HIB's cooldown and make HIB cost no ammo.

The various tiers (levels) in the trees have talents that increase Damage and others that provide "utility" and/or survivabiity.

Knowing the above, decide how *you* want to play (Tactics or Assault) and then go up that tree taking the talents that will either increase your damage or increase your utility/survivability.

Read the talent tooltips. Think about they say. Think about how talents interact with each other. If needed, switch the order you use your attacks in to maximise synergies between abilites or make cooldowns align better for a smoother flow of abilites. If you don't like the tree you chose, or you realize that a talent you took is not useful to you, don't be afraid to reset your talent tree and try again.

It really isn't that hard. It also has the added advantage that since it is "your" talent tree that "you" built, "you" will know how best to use it (instead of trying to get your head around "someone else's" talent choices).

Go through the talent trees. Think about a build. Then build it and play with it. Correct as needed.

Having said all of the above, if you really want someone else to tell how to do it, search this very forum: there are many people posting their builds.

Level 51 and still "not sure what skills I should reach on".... :eek:

/rant off

To be honest, I haven't really focused on it that much. I just spent all my points on one specific tree... thanks for the advice though.