Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give back our Expertise!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Give back our Expertise!

HexDecimalUK
04.16.2013 , 05:48 AM | #1
BIOWARE! we worked damn hard for our elite warhero gear, give it back!

sign this.
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

Devlonir
04.16.2013 , 05:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
BIOWARE! we worked damn hard for our elite warhero gear, give it back!

sign this.
You know what you got?

Better gear than current EWH. It has more stats, so works better for PVE. And because this also fixes Bolster not working correctly for this gear compared to random greens, your performance in 30-54 warzones is actually increased.

/unsign
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Princz
04.16.2013 , 05:49 AM | #3
and you will work again...

Its called expansion
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

cycao
04.16.2013 , 05:52 AM | #4
Yeah and then I am going to discard it when I get to 55 and start getting partisan gear....

mrdert
04.16.2013 , 05:55 AM | #5
Honestly, BW just can't seem to stop shi tt ing all over custmoers who've payed for and played this game for any length of time. This whole system was dreamed up to satisfy the F2P/casual gamers. For me, this is the last straw. I'm not going to help support a game that keeps punishing me because I worked for a LONG time to aquire my gear.
Thanks for a whole bunch of nothing.
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

HexDecimalUK
04.16.2013 , 05:58 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
You know what you got?

Better gear than current EWH. It has more stats, so works better for PVE. And because this also fixes Bolster not working correctly for this gear compared to random greens, your performance in 30-54 warzones is actually increased.

/unsign
No what i have now got is zero protection from the opposing faction on makeb or anywhere else so basically im confined to the fleet till me and my comps are in full auged conqueror gear, TY for that BW.
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

Devlonir
04.16.2013 , 05:59 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
No what i have now got is zero protection from the opposing faction on makeb or anywhere else so basically im confined to the fleet till me and my comps are in full auged conqueror gear, TY for that BW.
wait.. what?

You realise that the damage boost is a lot bigger than the protection you got right?

And you also realise that the enemy team also doesnt have expertise anymore unless they are 55's trolling levellers, right?

Whining for whining's sake this thread is
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Princz
04.16.2013 , 06:07 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
Honestly, BW just can't seem to stop shi tt ing all over custmoers who've payed for and played this game for any length of time. This whole system was dreamed up to satisfy the F2P/casual gamers. For me, this is the last straw. I'm not going to help support a game that keeps punishing me because I worked for a LONG time to aquire my gear.
Thanks for a whole bunch of nothing.
lol man
you must be new to mmo

In this game you get to have full gear AND min/maxed in 2 less than 2 weeks....
what are you talking about?

In every other game it would take me months to get the level of the gear i get here in 2 weeks (softcore playing)
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic
Fantastico - sneaky assasin of the Empire
"idiots are invincible"

XNimrodX
04.16.2013 , 06:07 AM | #9
I have just about full EWH gear... I used up all my coms pre 2.0 to make sure I was going to be Geared for the transition... Just to find out that all the thousands of coms I used and countless pvp matches I ran were a waste. Ive got just about zero expertise in lvl 55 pvp matches now... Whats the PTS even used for. We should have known about this issue well in advance. Otherwise I wouldnt have wasted all the coms on EWH gear. Instead I was safe to assume it would be good gear to start with in the expansion for pvp.

I'm absolutely useless to my current Ranked team now. I want something to be done about this. This fix of yours is not a fix.. its a setback to countless ppl who spent hours and hours preparing for the update.. just to give those "gear vs skill" ppl an easier time in pvp. ERG! Very upset. -Redheaded

Lacedemon
04.16.2013 , 06:08 AM | #10
It is an upgrade but it is a hugely expensive one. Because Bioware cannot itemise gear for ****; all my PvP gear was Partisan Armourings with EWH mods/enhancements. Now however I have to remove every one of these mods/enhancements as under the bolster system I won't get bolstered for those items because they mix expertise and Pve items
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server