Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Sith Emperor, Dead? or Alive? [SPOILERS]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Sith Emperor, Dead? or Alive? [SPOILERS]

ganondorq
04.17.2013 , 03:16 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Emperor is dead but a sith inqusitor could bind him with Force Walk
oh wow.... this should totally happen!!! that would be amazing lol.

legolegion
04.17.2013 , 09:13 AM | #22
question by episode 1 is Lord Scourge dead
Also I am sticking to my guns, and saying the emporer is dead. Unless anything new comes to light in chapter 5

dan_the_man_
04.17.2013 , 10:04 AM | #23
What if Palpatine is a real Emperor's Voice? And in EU legacy not the palpatine is a ghost, but the real Emperor?

ReiKai
04.17.2013 , 10:26 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
oh wow.... this should totally happen!!! that would be amazing lol.
I had made as such a suggestion on a thread in general about a "returning Revan". Have a final end with Revan dyin and taking the Sith Emperor completely into the Force and binding him forever. And afterwords, the Inquisitor rises as the new Emperor, having taken a portion of Vitiate's essence, that which had become the Voice. Possessing the power of not only previous Sith Lords, but the power of the Emperor himself, there would be no one who could challenge the Inquisitor's rise as the Emperor nor the claim. Especially when you speak with that reverberating, echoing voice.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

MorgothPl
04.17.2013 , 10:39 AM | #25
Didn't it happen the same as in Dark Empire? It took some time for Palpatine to be able to transfer his essence to his new clones on Byss, especially when he was caught unaware and killed. When he was ready, the essence or soul transistion was taking less time.

I believe essence, spirit or soul of Vitiate is in some kind of shock and he must recall his wits to be able to return to new body. Something like we have to wait 3 minutes to respawn, after too many deaths

SuperGrunt
04.17.2013 , 11:04 AM | #26
Here are my thoughts on this matter.

1. The Emperor is not dead, we learn quite a bit about this on the Imperial side, but the Republic thinks he is dead. So the Empire is happy to let them continue that thought process.

2. The Emperor's Voice is actually what the Jedi Knight killed, which doesn't mean much, heck even the Sith Warrior does this on Voss at the Emperor's request.

3. The Emperor's body is weak and hidden somewhere and he needs a new Voice but hasn't selected one yet.

4. I don't think it takes all that much for the Emperor to bind his new Voice once one has been selected, as the Sith Warrior does kill one, and then the Jedi Knight kills another one. As you are not allowed to change those choices & they are not alignment choice options, the Sith Warrior only gets to decide to kill the Emperor before he stops talking or to let him continue.

5. At some point in the future a new Voice will be selected and bound, and when that Voice emerges the Republic will either realize that the Emperor isn't dead or will assume that it is a new Emperor, possible that Scourge will tell the Jedi Knight it isn't a new Emperor and the rest of the Republic will not believe this.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

zzoorrzz
04.17.2013 , 11:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by dan_the_man_ View Post
What if Palpatine is a real Emperor's Voice? And in EU legacy not the palpatine is a ghost, but the real Emperor?
I was thinking about that as well. Emperor could have picked Palpatine easily as a child and just play the role of apprentice to Darth Plagueis to make sure nobody ever knows who he really is.

SuperGrunt
04.17.2013 , 11:08 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Didn't it happen the same as in Dark Empire? It took some time for Palpatine to be able to transfer his essence to his new clones on Byss, especially when he was caught unaware and killed. When he was ready, the essence or soul transistion was taking less time.

I believe essence, spirit or soul of Vitiate is in some kind of shock and he must recall his wits to be able to return to new body. Something like we have to wait 3 minutes to respawn, after too many deaths
Actually I think that the way that Pappa Palpy did it was different. I think that the ritual that Vitiate completed when he became immortal, actually allows his body to live forever, however it is currently very weak and that he binds another to his will as his Voice to be able to do things more freely. If I remember correctly the Emperor's Hands do mention that they have the body and are moving it deeper into hiding.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

DarthMat
04.17.2013 , 02:22 PM | #29
I sense multiple potential operations revolving around taking down the emperor.....(hope I didn't just give them an idea....)
Vyyk 55 Sniper The Shadowlands
Aerea 55 Sorceror
Vexasi 55 Assassin
Mutatio 50 Juggernaut

dan_the_man_
04.20.2013 , 01:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
I had made as such a suggestion on a thread in general about a "returning Revan". Have a final end with Revan dyin and taking the Sith Emperor completely into the Force and binding him forever. And afterwords, the Inquisitor rises as the new Emperor, having taken a portion of Vitiate's essence, that which had become the Voice. Possessing the power of not only previous Sith Lords, but the power of the Emperor himself, there would be no one who could challenge the Inquisitor's rise as the Emperor nor the claim. Especially when you speak with that reverberating, echoing voice.
And that "emperor" dies in pvp by a smuggler's dirty kick