Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underworld (72's) in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Underworld (72's) in pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tankqull
04.16.2013 , 07:14 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Well I once supported removing Expertise entirely but reconsidered since. What would likely happen is this:

1. Without Expertise, PvE gear would destroy PvP gear in any scenario because of considerably higher stats.
2. Developers would have to buff PvP gear so it has the exact same stats as PvE gear.
3. They would have to face a horde of upset PvE raiders who complain (rightfully so) why their method acquiring the same gear is much slower. (RNG rolls and weekly lockouts vs unlimited warzone commendations and custom mods sold separately)
4. Gear gap in PvP would increase significantly with each set of new PvE tier. A good bolster system might counter this, but a bolster system where BiS is NiS (nothing-in-slot...yeah just invented a word) is anything but good.

I'm not saying that the current system is great, just that it's better than the alternative.
there is a quite simple solution, restrict some items to be only purchasable by pvp and others only by pve.

lets say youŽll need to have the second tier torso only purchasable via pvp comms to get the first tier wich only "drops" in pve, and the otherway round for the mainhand. that way you have to do both and no on can complain that it would be so much easier on the "opposite" playstyle ...

fatninja
04.16.2013 , 07:15 AM | #22
Probably working as intended. EAware wants everyone to start raiding. That's why they started giving incentives for being in guilds.

SwiftDuck
04.16.2013 , 07:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by fatninja View Post
Probably working as intended. EAware wants everyone to start raiding. That's why they started giving incentives for being in guilds.
I really doubt it.

Coltraine
04.16.2013 , 07:27 AM | #24
Hehehehe what are these guys smoking? I really want some of that! It really defeats half the reason for PVP'ing when you can't gear up while doing it.

This is the single most messed up thing I've ever experienced in an MMO. Mind you, I was PVP'ing in Everquest 1 where warriors were just sitting ducks and casters were levitating around and nuking you from unreachable places and through walls/floors.

Master_Nate
04.16.2013 , 07:43 AM | #25
Spent an entire two matches chasing the same 31k Operative Healer around trying to bring him down. Sad thing was I could not put much of a dent in him and it got to the point he was using /say to "lol" at me. I will admit that it was funny but while it may have been humorous it also made me dislike the changes BW was trying to implement. I'm hoping with their methods of tweaking bolster that they will eventually get it right but I can't predict how long that will take. I am obviously not in full conqueror set so really don't know what I'll look like then but I will say that reading others comments about Underworld being better than Conqueror has got me thinking about how much effort I want to put into things right now.

I guess I'll just have to see for myself and decide at that point.

Not saying I should be able to take down every healer on my concealment operative but it definitely was no easy task to even try. A couple of matches later, got a PvE guy on our team....a medic operative too that I recognize from a PvE guild and he also has over 30k health...I think he put up close to a million with 2 deaths.

I am all for adjusting the scale in PvP to make it more competitive for all but not at the risk of KILLING any real competition for others when this is all that they do, like myself
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo
The Harbinger

Phrase
04.16.2013 , 07:43 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by fatninja View Post
TBH, I think this is the real, unspoken motive. They want more players participating in both types of content (#lolmetricsboost). I wouldn't be surprised if PvP gear is actually being slowly phased out.

(Yeah, maybe I have a bit of a #tinfoilhat going on, but with some of these changes...)

Sixgun
The Bastion

Covaltage
04.16.2013 , 07:52 AM | #27
A simpler fix would be not to give any bolster to characters whose gear is higher level than Partisan. You want to wear Artifact, Arkanian, or Underworld gear in a WZ? Fine, no expertise for you. You want to wear 43 greens in a 55WZ? Bolster to right below War Hero. This would give everyone the balance they want and none of the "PvE>PvP" problems we may be facing right now.

znihilist
04.16.2013 , 07:53 AM | #28
Has no one read the PvP part of the 2.0 Patch notes ?
Your gear will not be bolstered if it has BiS mods! Meaning a Full underworld will not get any (or barely any) expertise. Yes they will have more health, but they will not get any damage reduction/increase. Someone in Partisian/Conqueror will still be better.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

L-RANDLE
04.16.2013 , 08:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Has no one read the PvP part of the 2.0 Patch notes ?
Your gear will not be bolstered if it has BiS mods! Meaning a Full underworld will not get any (or barely any) expertise. Yes they will have more health, but they will not get any damage reduction/increase. Someone in Partisian/Conqueror will still be better.
Spoiler
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Cilas
04.16.2013 , 08:21 AM | #30
Be nice to get a response to this, ridiculous...
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch