Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underworld (72's) in pvp

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Underworld (72's) in pvp
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SwiftDuck
04.16.2013 , 04:24 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Anubiran View Post
two in my guild are already half 72s.. sage with 30k life.... have fun meeting him in the wzs.. and yes they do also play pvp... and they rule with their gear.

For me the new system is a punch in the face for pvp players. I cant follow the logic...

Im OK with flatting out the gear differences in pvp
Im Ok with not having 72s mods in my conqueror gear and therefore need to do pve to be good at pve

Im NOT OK by getting punched by pve guys who have stat advantages because of raids!

Its like showing up at a karate tournament with a gun.
lmao true statement.

I think the only way to avoid this is remove bolster from 55 bracket only. Seeing as were level 55 there is no need for a bolster. Or maybe a significant reduction to bolster of expertise. Seeing as they can remove expertise from a particular set of gear. It must be possible to restrict certain gear from obtaining any expertise based on the stat value of the gear. Idk it just seems like they made things harder for themselves by changing a system that only needed a smaller gear gap and that was it.

AngusFTW
04.16.2013 , 04:27 AM | #12
TBF the new operation isnt too difficult on hm my pvp oriented impside guild started work on it (some of us even had wh/the new pvp gear/a few full dg/bh still,) and we're 3 bosses down after our first run, getting used to mechanics etc (we also did it 4 melee dps suck it snipers!) so i wouldnt say the enrage timers are that tight or anything.. tho it will take 1-2 months to get full 72s unless u start paying guildies million for there shiny new drops..
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

DarthBama
04.16.2013 , 04:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
lol this made me cry a little

They're not going to add anymore PvP gear until the next tier of PvE gear, I can guarantee that. Maybe, just maybe they'll make another Tug of War map after they add another raid tier.
Or maybe a Huttball game with no winners or losers, just participation trophies.

SwiftDuck
04.16.2013 , 04:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
You make getting a full set of Underworld armor sound like a walk in the park lol.

It will be many weeks before people are in full stock Underworld and even more weeks before they can effectively min/max their gear with Ultimate commendations.
Regardless of how long it will take, I am a consistent raider as well as pvper and will have full sets of both pvp and pve armor as I did pre 2.0 but This is still an issue. I stated in my first post i know that people dont have this gear yet and it will be a while, ATLEAST a couple weeks. Some people are already well on their way.

Ycoga
04.16.2013 , 04:34 AM | #15
I suspect the the bolster mechanics would give comparably lower expertise ratings to people in underworld gear in 55 WZ's.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

SwiftDuck
04.16.2013 , 04:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
I suspect the the bolster mechanics would give comparably lower expertise ratings to people in underworld gear in 55 WZ's.
This is what im hoping for.

Slurmez
04.16.2013 , 04:36 AM | #17
Remember when expertise was just a little nod of a boost at launch? Then they totally butchered it so PvE gear would be pretty worthless in PvP? Funny stuff.

They should just remove the idiotic stat as they dont have a clue what they are doing with it.

CommanderKeeva
04.16.2013 , 04:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Remember when expertise was just a little nod of a boost at launch? Then they totally butchered it so PvE gear would be pretty worthless in PvP? Funny stuff.

They should just remove the idiotic stat as they dont have a clue what they are doing with it.
Well I once supported removing Expertise entirely but reconsidered since. What would likely happen is this:

1. Without Expertise, PvE gear would destroy PvP gear in any scenario because of considerably higher stats.
2. Developers would have to buff PvP gear so it has the exact same stats as PvE gear.
3. They would have to face a horde of upset PvE raiders who complain (rightfully so) why their method acquiring the same gear is much slower. (RNG rolls and weekly lockouts vs unlimited warzone commendations and custom mods sold separately)
4. Gear gap in PvP would increase significantly with each set of new PvE tier. A good bolster system might counter this, but a bolster system where BiS is NiS (nothing-in-slot...yeah just invented a word) is anything but good.

I'm not saying that the current system is great, just that it's better than the alternative.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

SwiftDuck
04.16.2013 , 06:55 AM | #19
confirmed. top tier pve gear is better than full conqueror gear by a significant margin. i thought you wanted smaller gear gaps . Bioware can you acknowledge this?

Glower
04.16.2013 , 07:11 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SwiftDuck View Post
confirmed. top tier pve gear is better than full conqueror gear by a significant margin. i thought you wanted smaller gear gaps . Bioware can you acknowledge this?
Another "bug"?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)