Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 Healing Spec?

XantosCledwin
04.15.2013 , 10:41 PM | #1
I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help me work on a healing spec for an Operative. I only just started playing an Operative, and was primarily wanting it to be for PvE, with a little bit of PvP thrown in (mainly to farm for Warzone Commendations which I can convert into Planetary Commendations) but other than that I was going to be strictly PvE on this character. The reason I am working on an Operative is because I wanted an easy class to play to 50/55 that I could use to help me unlock the human race's presence boost across all characters and operative seemed the right choice for that. But to date I have yet to see any healing spec's that are designed for 2.0. So I was wondering if anyone out there could help me with this.
The Cledwin Legacy of the Shadowlands Server
Fanfiction Author Profile

xhii
04.16.2013 , 12:31 AM | #2
Here's a basic one, with 2 leftover points: http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20 (link might be a bit borked, it's 36/3/5 + 2 leftover points)

Use the leftovers for Med Shield, Evasive Imperative, Hit&Run or Slip Away. I haven't tried the Med Shield or Evasive Imperative talents in action since 2.0 so I can't say how good they are (I picked Hit&Run since I PVP a lot). I'm also not entirely sure about Deadly Directive (2% alacrity) but I'm using it atm. I'm still playing around with healing builds so I'm open to suggestions - I think I'll have to give a 40/3/3 a run tonight .
The Teatime Legacy
For delicious server gossip, visit The Progenitor, made of cookies and cat memes.
operative tua | sage chua | pt tea

XantosCledwin
04.16.2013 , 12:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xhii View Post
Here's a basic one, with 2 leftover points: http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...0000000&ver=20 (link might be a bit borked, it's 36/3/5 + 2 leftover points)

Use the leftovers for Med Shield, Evasive Imperative, Hit&Run or Slip Away. I haven't tried the Med Shield or Evasive Imperative talents in action since 2.0 so I can't say how good they are (I picked Hit&Run since I PVP a lot). I'm also not entirely sure about Deadly Directive (2% alacrity) but I'm using it atm. I'm still playing around with healing builds so I'm open to suggestions - I think I'll have to give a 40/3/3 a run tonight .
thanks

That should help me a lot, I appreciate it. If you think of anything further on this please be sure to share it. That is looking like a good baseline of what should be done, though as I said, I am fairly new to Operative so I have no idea what is or is not a good baseline, but I think I will give this build a shot.
The Cledwin Legacy of the Shadowlands Server
Fanfiction Author Profile

Exastify
04.16.2013 , 02:33 AM | #4
I have the same setup as xhii except the 2 points for alarcity - I have those in the hit and run ability. No real purpose, I just like mobility.

ahzecklawd
12.04.2013 , 01:20 AM | #5
Speccing in the Healing tree (Medicine) as OP is not viable until 35 + ( AP + AP ) . Even then , healing as a OP will be a 'challenge' . OPs lack of AHs , instead they got lot of HoTs (Wich is very effective) You'll find yourself often out of Energy , because of main focusing 3-4+ Group members , including urself .(If you're lucky n the Tank knows hes class , it won't be hard , but sadly many don't ...) That s where AP comes , AP req NO ENERGY , NO CD , means you can Spam AP as long as you want (Keeping TA up is easy , you will find yourself always having at least 1 TA up , most of the time)

Now , you mentioned ' Easy ' . Fren , you made a 'bad' choice by going OP , if you want an Easy class (specially in the early levels) .

Now , bck at subject !

It's a 39/3/4 Build .
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...GMRdfsZ0cZMM.3

I don't really see the 'point' in taking Tox Screen , the healing reg you're getting is around 1,2-1,3k (Thinking it costs 10 Energy and a 4.5 CD ) isn't really worth it , but it's only 1 Point , so , it doesn't really matter.
'Healing with Sorc is like pushing a Pipe deeper and deeper inside,
I know it'll hurt ... but I keep PUSHING!'

R.I.P Arya,2k15SorcButtonSmashHealer.

Laaguna
12.04.2013 , 06:50 PM | #6

DuEldrvarya
12.09.2013 , 10:21 PM | #7
Not in agreement with the guy two above me at all. Not with his idea or his spec.

Op healing is easy mode by far. Easiest out there even at low levels, what people need to remember is the same thing any merc/op needs to know endgame "its ok to skip a gcd on auto attacks every once in a while".

Until about the time you really spec hard into DS healing on an op might seem hard, its not. What you need to do it wait until your energy is about 75 each time you use an ability (once you get DS and that other stuff its a *********** joke).

as for spec the best out there is still 36-38/3-5/5 with points endgame really need to go into evasion imperative. With the focus on cleanses in these new ops its a really really helpful thing to have and it also is awesome in pvp too.

Some people if they need dps put one or two points into concealed attacks which is about the only other place to use the points. The shield probe heals for basically nothing when it collapses and isnt even close to being worth the two points. And the free 3% crit is definitely worth keeping in the lethality tree,

Either way op healing is a joke compared to sorcs "which have to sacrifice life to fix their own issues with heal to full" or mercs "which get completely **** on in 16man content".