Post 2.0 PvP queues mixing 10-49 with 50+

GalacticKegger

I apologize if this was already being discussed somewhere else (if it's in GD - oh well ... I try to stay away from that trollhouse) but my lowbie level 31 operative can't stealth for longer than a few seconds cuz the ubers detect him almost immediately. Seems pretty much anything level 50 or higher (which is easily most of the wz players now):

• one-shots him;
  • are largely unaffected by Sleep Dart after burning ONE free movement CD;
  • are "immune" to , well ... pretty much everything my toon throws at them ...

Removing earpiece & implants for the balance compensation had no effect.

Is this mixing of single-ability rotation / zero expertise level 10s with god-like level 50+ sherman tanks sporting 3 quickbars full of attack, defense, cc, stun and interrupt options in the same non-ranked WZ queues permanent? Or is it just a 2.0 bug being worked on so lowbies will eventually get back to beating on other lowbies in a fair fight environment?

Edited by GalacticKegger

So it'll be levels 10 - 54, with 55s having their own queues? That doesn't make any sense, especially where expertise is concerned. Unless it's nerfed until 55, which defeats the whole purpose of why we grinded EWH gear.

EWH is getting its expertise removed to fix its terrible bolstering

Expertise gear will only exist in the 55 bracket

There were 3 level 55s across the way from my level 31 operative in unranked Huttball tonight.

Then they turned in a quest at the start of a warzone to go from 54 to 55. People did this in the 10-49 bracket to hit 50 while in the warzone. They can only do it for one game.

Your original post doesn't make sense. Level 30s should be able to hit higher levels just fine in warzones, assuming the person they are hitting isn't using some sort of defensive cooldown. They won't be immune to your sleep dart or any other effect (unless of course their resolve bar is full, or like I said, defensive cooldowns). You are on the same level as them give or take stat wise.

Then they turned in a quest at the start of a warzone to go from 54 to 55. People did this in the 10-49 bracket to hit 50 while in the warzone. They can only do it for one game.
Clever!

Your original post doesn't make sense. Level 30s should be able to hit higher levels just fine in warzones, assuming the person they are hitting isn't using some sort of defensive cooldown. They won't be immune to your sleep dart or any other effect (unless of course their resolve bar is full, or like I said, defensive cooldowns). You are on the same level as them give or take stat wise.
Usually it takes 3 applications of sleep dart before a toon is immune to it. But the 50+ guys in WZs now are either immune after one application or have multiple stun breakers. I won't open the "possibility of hacks" can of worms tho. Edited by GalacticKegger

EWH is getting its expertise removed to fix its terrible bolstering

Expertise gear will only exist in the 55 bracket

Regrind I guess. At least the PvE item level upgrade wasn't WoW ludicrous. My 54 Mara still has his T1.5 Tionese/Rakata gear (i.e. wasn't replaced with quest greens on day one.) Edited by GalacticKegger

Usually it takes 3 applications of sleep dart before a toon is immune to it. But the 50+ guys in WZs now are either immune after one application or have multiple stun breakers. I won't open the "possibility of hacks" can of worms tho.

Only 2 sleep darts before resolve is full, which means if someone has high resolve already from previous CC, that sleep dart or flash bang will put them over the edge. For the most part the CC break you have pre-30 is the only one you have post 30 (besides something like the new Sage/Sorc level 51 skill).