Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Phase Walk Opinions

UltimateKrucible
04.17.2013 , 09:24 AM | #21
Hi guys - I play a Jedi Shadow and we've got a similar thread going on in our forum; "thoughts on phase walk".

Interesting to see we're coming up with new ways to use it. Consensus appears to be its a PvP-centric power that has some use in raids but none in generic world-questing.

Interested to see if the pass-to-yourself tactic works. One of our lot claims you can place the marker on a VS bridge, jump off, force pull (if you're a tank) someone with you and TP back ..... Which must surely be the most inventive use of a power, ever?
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

ninjonxb
04.17.2013 , 09:40 AM | #22
In PVE it is now (HM 55 and most likely in OPS) i use Phase Walk regularly as a tank. I am also talented so people around me gets additional heals.
It depends on the fight but I try to place it right in th Sorc "Good Touch Circle" (i don't know the name) to help with its benefit.
As far as using the actual ability of it in PVE, I have only seen a few instances of its usefull ness so far. However it may proove to be more useful as I get used to it. If nothing else a time saver and helps to grab agro quicker on over eager DPS.

Astarica
04.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #23
Phase Walk requires planning, forethought, and sometimes just plain luck in PvP because it's hard to know exactly how the events will unfold. For example in a game of Hypergate dropped a beacon halfway between our node and the center so I can get back there faster. I got hit to like 2% while near the center and managed to run out and teleported there on time, and that was enough to put me out of combat so I healed back up. Althuogh I was out of the battle for a while, that still seems better than simply dying especially for Hypergates where deaths factor into the score. Of course it is quite likely I fail to teleport on time and just die, or die to a dot, and it's not an earthshattering advantage but having one less death still matters.

I find that the first moment there's any kind of break in battle you should deploy your Phase Walk. The worst that can happen is it doesn't do anything useful which is the same as never deploying it in the first place, and you never know when it can save you. Teleporting out of a ravage is like saving 5K of health minimum.

otterscrubber
04.17.2013 , 03:03 PM | #24
So many good suggestions here, I've changed my mind on this ability
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

Griad
04.18.2013 , 07:44 AM | #25
Can anyone come up with a clever use of this skill in PVE as DPS..??

I for one would have loved for it to be a skill that you place like deathfield would have been a little more usefull.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Astarica
04.18.2013 , 01:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
Can anyone come up with a clever use of this skill in PVE as DPS..??

I for one would have loved for it to be a skill that you place like deathfield would have been a little more usefull.
The time you spend moving is generally time you're not doing DPS. In any fight where the boss is relatively stationary that involves you moving to somewhere further than 10m away, just the fact that you can get back to the boss is a DPS increase. It can also be used in any encounter that involves the need to run away quickly.

Monterone
04.19.2013 , 03:32 PM | #27
CW... you can PW from below to top mid. You can leave it up on the ledge before you jump off to go help a side node, then just pop back up to the ledge you jumped off of. Also, you can put it inside that side tunnel in mid, and port to mid from side nodes.
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

Aemiliuz
04.20.2013 , 11:53 AM | #28
saved me once in hypergate placed pw at a healing point and then just run and interrupt the enemy to capture the node taking alot of damage so use the pw and bam alot of health and straight into the fight again

Rilok_Singz
04.22.2013 , 07:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
Another one i've thought about, but not quite sure if it will work or not,

Hutball, you steath over to enemy score zone, say west corner to try avoid to much attention.
You then get ball, either by running to spawn point or by someone throwing it to you. lets say for the sake of conversation your at enemy acid

Sprint to have your PW in range of your ball throw, (only just to allow as much ball airtime as possible)
Throw ball and instantly use PW

Tele to ball landzone, you've essentially thrown the ball to yourself lol.

Score and watch enemy team scratch their heads.

If i get the chance ill try this tonight unless someone else does or its impossible

Anyone tried this? would it work? or would ball land before you/reset as you weren't there when it was thrown or something?
I've tried this but sadly didn't work I tossed it then phased walked; Was in my location for a about a good second waiting on the ball but it only hit the ground and reset itself in the middle. Gonna keep trying to see if there are certain locations it can work
S h a d o w R i l o k | A s s a s s i n R l o k
S t r i f e | C l i c k e r s

Refer link - http://www.swtor.com/r/6DZ2sg

Astarica
04.22.2013 , 07:52 PM | #30
You can't pass the ball to yourself in Huttball. Otherwise you can already do this with Force Speed.