Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Phase Walk Opinions


Warrgames's Avatar


Warrgames
04.15.2013 , 03:32 PM | #1
I PvP as deception and PvE as tank. I find this ability completely useless.

In PvP its to fluid to predicted where to drop it. It either runs out or you range it.

In PvE you are now made to be OT. Healer stay at range so dropping and pulling the boss to the healer is never a good idea. Even if the boss doesn't move you run 2 min timer.

Any suggestion on how to better use it? Or is it worthless and just something fun to play around with.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.15.2013 , 03:37 PM | #2
The most obvious cases is on Voidstar where you can get from one door to another basically instantly.

It's not as useful for non Darkness specs in PvP since its primary use is to put extra distance between you and the enemy. It's a good defense against Ravage without wasting a CC (or if they're not up).

otterscrubber's Avatar


otterscrubber
04.15.2013 , 04:26 PM | #3
Ya, i'm not really sure when this ability would be worth the trouble.
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

CBRGhostRider's Avatar


CBRGhostRider
04.15.2013 , 05:24 PM | #4
If you can't find another use for it, drop it right next to the medpac on the map e.g. novare coast when you come out, drop it on the hill. You can escape when you are close to death and insta-heal and come back... better than a maras camo.

Huttball, drop it either on their endzone to be in position for a pass, or up on the ledge so you can get back up after knock backs.

Voidstar, again on the medpac, or to switch between doors at the first set of doors.

I'm sure we can find many awesome uses once we play w/ the ability some more. I think it is a really cool ability!
Spoiler

Dierdrea's Avatar


Dierdrea
04.15.2013 , 05:48 PM | #5
I just started playing again and this is one of the coolest skills in pvp. First, it allows you to port away from certain death. Here are some uses I have personally tried in games: you can port from pit onto endzone to knock ball carrier off in huttball. You can avoid running around the walls and port right into mid in civil war. Someone already gave a void star example. It is a very good utility skill (situational, sure) but used wisely it allows you to stop a lot of caps in warzones or cap behind someone's back. Just fun in general.

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.15.2013 , 06:17 PM | #6
The jump off point from middle to side turrets in Alderaan is another great place to put a Phase Walk.

Jeeses's Avatar


Jeeses
04.15.2013 , 06:19 PM | #7
Just something I've thought of, unfortunately haven't been able to try yet.

Offense on a node, (any wz)

if theres one on D, drop phase walk, engage them and lure them away from node, make sure they use CC break.

Force Cloak, Mind Trap, Phase walk, Cap node and steath again if possible.
You're now on D, (or have broken through wall if VZ)

congrats

Astarica's Avatar


Astarica
04.15.2013 , 06:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
Just something I've thought of, unfortunately haven't been able to try yet.

Offense on a node, (any wz)

if theres one on D, drop phase walk, engage them and lure them away from node, make sure they use CC break.

Force Cloak, Mind Trap, Phase walk, Cap node and steath again if possible.
You're now on D, (or have broken through wall if VZ)

congrats
The enemy can see your phase walk beacon location, so he'll be highly suspicious something's up when he sees a purple/golden circle on the ground that wasn't there before.

Jeeses's Avatar


Jeeses
04.15.2013 , 06:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
The enemy can see your phase walk beacon location, so he'll be highly suspicious something's up when he sees a purple/golden circle on the ground that wasn't there before.

theres plenty of locations around nodes that you could place it and it be relatively hidden. Obviously placing it right at the door wouldn't fool many unless they're totally stupid.

Say you're doing VZ, throw it behind one of the pillars and pull him away, him facing you means he'll most likely not see it and then you could CC, PW sprint and cap. I can't imagine the average player would be rotating the camera around themselves checking for a PW on the ground

yotasatheart's Avatar


yotasatheart
04.15.2013 , 06:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeeses View Post
theres plenty of locations around nodes that you could place it and it be relatively hidden. Obviously placing it right at the door wouldn't fool many unless they're totally stupid.

Say you're doing VZ, throw it behind one of the pillars and pull him away, him facing you means he'll most likely not see it and then you could CC, PW sprint and cap. I can't imagine the average player would be rotating the camera around themselves checking for a PW on the ground
more people do this than you think. wither im on offense or defense, im always panning my camera around. all good players do it becuase it helps you keep your situational awareness
----------------------------------
Origional fatman pvper
Vedubb- 50 WH Pyro PT
Chrissy- 50 (gearing up) Carnage Mara