Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shame on you bioware.

Daning
12.20.2011 , 08:37 PM | #1
For actually providing less tech support on this game than the community.

"Turn off shadows" and/or "update to your latest drivers" is not adequate.

My 2 cents.

Flame on!

pookiejin
12.20.2011 , 08:42 PM | #2
you arent wrong.

although this game has only been out officially less than a day, Bioware has been very quiet where the technical issues are concerned.

i feel that Bioware was rushed by EA to release this game before it was really ready.

the launcer alone is becoming a greater issue as time goes on.

Bioware needs to step up and say something that isnt troubleshooting Rhetoric.

i will play this game when i am finally able. its just sad that it took them 8 days to respond to my email.

Athendar
12.20.2011 , 08:45 PM | #3
Amen to the OP. For the love of God I just wish they would actually say they understand there are tech problems and they are going to fix it. I am sick to death of being way over the requirements and getting lag/fps/game chugging.

Warzones still unplayable for a large group of people (regardless of system specs) and not a word from BW???

Unacceptable

Daning
12.20.2011 , 08:49 PM | #4
Just to demonstrate the willingness of the community to help:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43860

How's that for a resource? That's something Bioware should've compiled, yet didn't.

I'm glad I've been able to solve my tech issues by myself, but for those with issues that aren't computer savvy I can see how it would be a deterent to play this game at all.

Aaronnar
12.20.2011 , 08:50 PM | #5
Yes, for many many paying customers the game is simply unplayable. I've been leveling entirely through space missions and been standing on my ship waiting on crew skills to finish.

I should be playing the storyline and enjoying myself, but the graphics issues make it impossible.

It might help if the preferences actually changed anything when you switched them around, but those don't even work.

The game needs to come down and be fixed. The sooner Bioware tells us they recognize this the sooner everyone will feel much better.

Ascetics
12.20.2011 , 08:53 PM | #6
I'm not experiencing any of these issues. Not trying to be funny or mean ... have you checked to see if your computer meets or exceeds the minimum computer requirements?

I am experiencing a 900+ queue. That's a major issue for me.
Sains of the Old Republic
A Christian Republic Guild
Visit Our Website

Aaronnar
12.20.2011 , 08:56 PM | #7
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad Core @ 2.2ghz
Radeon 6770 1gigmemory
4gigs RAM
Windows 7 64

Sevvy_Boo
12.20.2011 , 08:59 PM | #8
Yep, their communication has been beyond poor. The worst I have ever seen. Parroting back "update your drivers" "turn your settings to low" "run the repair tool" gets insulting really fast.
"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

aulanclalb
12.20.2011 , 09:00 PM | #9
I believe an
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 3.40 GHz
8.00 GB
Windows 7/64 Bit
Radeon HD 5570

Can run it.

I am having launcher issues where it won't let me log in, no matter what I do, even if I use the correct password. HELP?
(█=[][][][]█[ө]█ (▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇)

Daning
12.20.2011 , 09:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by aulanclalb View Post
I believe an
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 3.40 GHz
8.00 GB
Windows 7/64 Bit
Radeon HD 5570

Can run it.

I am having launcher issues where it won't let me log in, no matter what I do, even if I use the correct password. HELP?
Here's the link I posted above!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43860

See if you can find a solution. It's all neatly categorized after specific issues and a great list to keep close when trouble arises.