Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars : The Queue Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Star Wars : The Queue Republic

Kavu
12.20.2011 , 08:37 PM | #1
meh, just another gripe thread about the Queue. seriously, 45 + minutes. worst part being that I get in and it's near empty, all I can figure is that the other shards on my server must be JAMMED
Kritz'krieg 55 Commando Kapowy 50 guardian
Kalim' ti 50 Sentinel Kavu 55 Gunslinger
Desolation 50 Marauder

Veoxess
12.20.2011 , 08:42 PM | #2
I post here because I dislike adding to flame war threads and this seemed like the nicer of the threads on the front page.

I have to admit that i am frustrated with the queue system. I understand this is a new game and all but it doesn't make sense to have 10 servers with queues and 20 without. While i also can understand that a fair bit of programming work may need to occur to solve this issue, the least that can be done is some acknowledgement about the issue and perhaps an explanation. I settled on Shadow Hand and levelled my inquisitor to 27 because thats the class i enjoyed on the beta... to level her a third time on another server would be almost torture... Since it would be the same storyline for a third time, however i really want to play a sorc for end game content. Please don't force me to level a character elsewhere. Open up some sort of transfer option... paid or not paid... dont care.

50 minute queues need to end. (Currently 554th(started at 680) in line on shadow hand ETA 50minutes...)

Kavu
12.20.2011 , 08:57 PM | #3
I'm on Corellian Run, seeded there by BW with my guild, and have a 45 + minute Q, its ridiculous simply because I didn't choose this server but was assigned to it. and theres been no comment by mods or dev's or anyone as to an ETA of a fix. just getting frustrated
Desolation 50 Marauder

Rukia-
12.20.2011 , 08:58 PM | #4
/like The thread name
-Cool Ranch Chips and Banana Clips-

Insom
12.20.2011 , 09:01 PM | #5
Its a blast crashing to desktop after waititng 50 minutes to get in... just to wait again. This is horrible.

Kavu
12.20.2011 , 09:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rukia- View Post
/like The thread name
lol thanks.
Desolation 50 Marauder

JasonSwift
12.20.2011 , 09:02 PM | #7
Agreed. My guild's been experiencing queues up to 50 minutes long on Krayt Dragon; meanwhile there's about a dozen servers with no population to speak of.

Not sure why anyone on the development end would think that adding new servers after a week of gameplay would alleviate population issues; any players with guild affiliations would be headed to the already-populated servers, and most players without affiliations would probably tend toward a populated server so they won't have trouble finding groups for flashpoints, PvP activities, etc...

I don't pretend to know the actual mechanics of this, but it seems like it would be possible to shut down the unpopulated servers and use that hardware for the ones with hour-long queues. Or something, I just hope this gets fixed.
Major Jason D. Swift
Director of Naval Intelligence
Tri Corp

Join the Tri Corp of tomorrow today!

JasonSwift
12.20.2011 , 09:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Insom View Post
Its a blast crashing to desktop after waititng 50 minutes to get in... just to wait again. This is horrible.
This. I've waited through a couple of 600 queues to get the "cannot connect to server" error, and have to wait through the whole queue again. Bioware told me to reset my router... Great Customer Support there.
Major Jason D. Swift
Director of Naval Intelligence
Tri Corp

Join the Tri Corp of tomorrow today!

Kavu
12.20.2011 , 09:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonSwift View Post
Agreed. My guild's been experiencing queues up to 50 minutes long on Krayt Dragon; meanwhile there's about a dozen servers with no population to speak of.

Not sure why anyone on the development end would think that adding new servers after a week of gameplay would alleviate population issues; any players with guild affiliations would be headed to the already-populated servers, and most players without affiliations would probably tend toward a populated server so they won't have trouble finding groups for flashpoints, PvP activities, etc...

I don't pretend to know the actual mechanics of this, but it seems like it would be possible to shut down the unpopulated servers and use that hardware for the ones with hour-long queues. Or something, I just hope this gets fixed.
I have no doubts that it will get fixed, probably on the next big patch / downtime or 2. I was there for WoW's launch and it had very similar issues with the added bonus of constant server crashes.
Desolation 50 Marauder

yaajer
12.20.2011 , 09:05 PM | #10
Agreed; thanks for disconnecting me in the middle of a Flashpoint.