Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris lag.

Weeplol
12.20.2011 , 08:37 PM | #1
Players on Taris may experience significant performance degradation or game client crashes under some circumstances.

Workaround: Players can press “L” to bring up tracked missions. Selecting “Untrack” for each Taris mission and then closing the window should increase performance.

~~

However. Whenever i log in. The game freezes for 2-3 min. And i can't do ****. Then SWTOR closes. So i can't do the workaround. And i can't play my character.

EDIT:

I managed to turn SOME of the quests off. But the lag is still horrible every time i get a new quest. And now the client shut down....
Battlemaster Weepinbell - Marauder
~ Decus Caedo - Niman ~

Telenus
12.20.2011 , 08:42 PM | #2
I am currently having the exact same issue. In Beta I did not have this problem nor has my client frozen and acted as horrendously choppy as it has in the middle of questing on Taris. Anytime I try to log back in the frame issues and the lag are still evident and my game shortly crashed afterwards. (Skyrim and other games work fine even on max graphics, so this is not a graphics card issue.)

-Edit- I did not see the sticky, but I'm glad to hear they're going to address the issue.
- Sith Sorcerer Level 50
- Sith Juggernaut Level 50
-Mercenary Level 50
-Operative Level 50

Yeldarps
12.20.2011 , 08:44 PM | #3
Get off of Taris now if it isnt too late. The memory leak will eat you and you will begin crashing constantly.

Weeplol
12.20.2011 , 09:05 PM | #4
It seems to be particularly ****** the longer you stay. But i guess that has been reported plenty of times. And how can there still be no fix?!
Battlemaster Weepinbell - Marauder
~ Decus Caedo - Niman ~