Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 4/15/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rankyn
04.15.2013 , 02:01 PM | #11
There are two things that are truly awesome: 1) Lightsabers 2) Walking to an objective without the need to kill every single thing along the way.

Jedi Shadow was really my only choice from the outset.

Other combinations I've found to be equally awesome:
Agent Story + #2 = Operative
#1 + Killing everything in my path with lightning = Sorcerer

Entilzha
04.15.2013 , 02:07 PM | #12
I have all 4 base classes on both sides (been playing since Aug 2011).
My main on the Empire side is my Sniper (great story) with my Juggernaut a close second.
On the Republic side, main is my Vanguard. I tried to model him off of the clones from the game Republic Commando.
I'm kind of disappointed that some of his most damaging attacks came from melee rather than ranged combat. I didn't like that big a** gun hanging off of my back to go with the Commando AC which probably would have been more of what I wanted.

AggieKasten
04.15.2013 , 02:33 PM | #13
I basically picked Assassin because of the holonet pic and description. Which is ironic, because there really aren't a ton of armor options that look anything like the holonet pic. And the inquisitor story doesn't really have any deception or manipulation like it says in the description.

Yet somehow I still ended up loving the class and it is now my main
Viscerous-Hoc - Sith Assassin (Darkness) - Jedi Covenant
Daltharum - Jedi Sentinel (Watchman) - Jedi Covenant
Rayben - Imperial Sniper (Marksmanship) - Jedi Covenant
Napott - Commando (Combat Medic) - Jedi Covenant

Laurreth
04.15.2013 , 02:50 PM | #14
Let's see. DAoC: Friar, WAR: Warrior Priest. The next step was very logical, picking the "good" healing religious fanatic pointed directly at the Sage

That last second shield&heal you got from the totally idiotic cloth wearer jumping into a horde of frothing-at-the-mouth Imperial swine? The one that got smashed to pieces saving your butt? ME! Now show some gratitude and give my tank, who has to deal with that infantile act every day, an MVP vote.
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up rantboi

Orlesian
04.15.2013 , 03:31 PM | #15
I really play them all but I do prefer ranged characters in amost every game I play. I do quite like the playstyle of the Sith Sorcerer, Jedi Sage since a Sorcerer is my main. I also really like Imperial Agent and Smuggler (I like both the ranged and stealth playstyle of these classes). Imperial Agent and Smuggler are the two of my favorite stories in the game.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Vandicus
04.15.2013 , 03:47 PM | #16
I wanted to be a gunslinger but all my friends wanted to go Empire, so I chose the closest thing, a mercenary.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Zerorder
04.15.2013 , 04:07 PM | #17
I knew I wanted to go dark side and I knew I wanted to be as bad as bad can be. That being said I threw a warrior and an inquisitor. I had an easier/better time with the warrior and out of my 4 present toons consider it my main.

Eshmael
04.15.2013 , 04:11 PM | #18
1. I love "the dark tower" from Stephen King
2. The first Trailer for swtor i have seen.
???
Gunslinger.
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

HKtheindomitable
04.15.2013 , 08:06 PM | #19
Answer: Because droid was not an option. I wanted to play my role in the galaxy as the greatest assassin droid that I am, and instead, you make me into an NPC that gets defeated so easily. In fact you make the copy of me so much more than I.

*not HK* Actually I chose the Trooper because almost every singe Star Wars game has you play as a Jedi as the main character. Don't get me wrong, that's a lot of fun; but I'd like some diversity. Yeah Dark Forces isn't a game that lets you be a Jedi, but I only recently acquired it, and computers now can't run such old programs (which is a very sad thing). There's also the Battlefront series, but I don't count that because it's just a mass number vs mass number / base capture game. The only one that you don't that is epic (save Dark Forces) is Republic Commando. However none of the RPG games let your main character be only one type (as far as I know there's SWG, but I've never played that, and that's an MMO, not a plain RPG like what I'm referring to).

I'm enjoying the change. I do have one character of each class, but my main is a Trooper, and I wouldn't have it any other way.*back to HK*
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Pot5/Ebon Hawk | Justicar | International Guild

Darth_Haderach
04.15.2013 , 08:50 PM | #20
Darkness Assassin, because it combines melee and ranged Force attacks, has stealth, very wide array of CC, feels good being indomitable while wearing light armour - the power of the Force and has a key role in groups. The class as a whole has esoteric feel to it.
ALSO, WHERE IS THERON?