Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintnenance: Servers Available

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintnenance: Servers Available
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Flying-Brian
04.15.2013 , 02:58 PM | #21
So the trooper creation armor is going to be available in this patch?

jersyiii
04.15.2013 , 03:20 PM | #22
so
u do not want that ppl enter naked ... so i guess u want that ppl enter wearing pvp gear
and then u strip the expertise of PVP gear ... so basicly ppl are entering naked
so gear that ppl grinded for months is suddenly useless

great thinking there
why dont u just delete all the gear we shouldnt be using anymore, this way we at least know devs dont give a rat *** about their players

-Wes-
04.15.2013 , 04:17 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by jersyiii View Post
so
u do not want that ppl enter naked ... so i guess u want that ppl enter wearing pvp gear
and then u strip the expertise of PVP gear ... so basicly ppl are entering naked
so gear that ppl grinded for months is suddenly useless

great thinking there
why dont u just delete all the gear we shouldnt be using anymore, this way we at least know devs dont give a rat *** about their players
Or, set up something like "hard mode" in PvP so that those who thrive (or desire to thrive) in PvP can play those and have their gear make all the difference, whereas the other hordes who enjoy PvP as a casual diversion (reminds me of playing Quake in the old days!) also have an option to do so without being relegated to useless fodder due to gear alone.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

Referral Link

DansbyRotten
04.15.2013 , 04:32 PM | #24
Removing expertise from old war hero gear is going to enrage the PvP community... You might want to reconsider this before going live with this change.

jersyiii
04.15.2013 , 04:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by -Wes- View Post
Or, set up something like "hard mode" in PvP so that those who thrive (or desire to thrive) in PvP can play those and have their gear make all the difference, whereas the other hordes who enjoy PvP as a casual diversion (reminds me of playing Quake in the old days!) also have an option to do so without being relegated to useless fodder due to gear alone.
bolster allrdy fixes the casuals that wanna do pvp, let the ppl who have grinded their gear for months have the gear like it is now
this is a slap in the face for evryone who grinded gear that was only +5 on some stat from the normal gear.
therefor this is terrible idea, and whats makes it worse, this has no point at all, ecxept enraging pvp players

Twin
04.15.2013 , 04:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
On April 16th, all game servers will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Patch 2.0.0b will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday April 16th, 2013
Duration: 2 hours
Time: 5AM PDT (12PM GMT) - 7AM PDT (2PM GMT)

Patch Notes

Crew Skills
Artifice
  • Reverse Engineering certain color crystals will no longer provide an error message.
  • Advanced Crew Skill training is no longer required to Reverse Engineer color crystals of any type.

PvP
Note: For more details about these changes, please visit this post.
  • The effect of Bolster on empty item slots has been decreased.
  • Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
I asked this question in another thread but never got a reply that i saw....but here goes again: Explain to me why pve'rs should have an advantage over PvPers in open world PVP? -At least meanwhile you level your character and some time after as well.

Because this is what happens if you remove expertise or? Those who run flashpoints and stuff will get better gear then the regular pvper that only does Warzones?

If this is so, it's beyond terrible....but surely im incorrect, i must have missed something right?
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Twin
04.15.2013 , 05:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DansbyRotten View Post
Removing expertise from old war hero gear is going to enrage the PvP community... You might want to reconsider this before going live with this change.
Yeah, if this means that PvE'rs will get advantage over PvPers in PVP!?...i dont even...

This entire bolster update feels completly amateurish, unprofessional and now resorting to workarounds rather then developing a solid system.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

SentinelDranoel
04.15.2013 , 05:47 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DansbyRotten View Post
I am already enraged. No more pvp for me for awhile. It just changed too much, too soon for me.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

Icestar
04.15.2013 , 05:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Due to itemization changes, Expertise has been removed from all War Hero and Elite War Hero pieces except for weapon crystals.
If I understand this correctly you are increasing the value of PvE gear in PvP?

Every item has a "stat pool" and the PvP gear has decreased mainstat since it has the expertise stat that you are removing?

This means that all players that are wearing PvE gear in PvP actually has a advantage over those that has PvP gear since they have higher mainstat and higher stamina with equal level gear.

Removing the expertise hence nerfing the PvP gear in a huge way is not a smart move.

You leave the hard earned PvP gear with one stat removed without compensating the item for the statloss?

It does not sound right to me at all

Yoshiru_Airken
04.15.2013 , 06:43 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
If I understand this correctly you are increasing the value of PvE gear in PvP?

Every item has a "stat pool" and the PvP gear has decreased mainstat since it has the expertise stat that you are removing?

This means that all players that are wearing PvE gear in PvP actually has a advantage over those that has PvP gear since they have higher mainstat and higher stamina with equal level gear.

Removing the expertise hence nerfing the PvP gear in a huge way is not a smart move.

You leave the hard earned PvP gear with one stat removed without compensating the item for the statloss?

It does not sound right to me at all
They ARE adjusting the other stats. You should read the post he linked before making statements.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...55#post6144955

For those of you who don't click: WH and EWH gear now is BETTER than it was under this new Bolster system. Read the link if you are curious.
Prophecy of the Five --- The Corton Legacy
Kirraleth - Lvl 55 Sage Healer
Titonius - Lvl 55 Scoundrel Healer
Zatayre - Lvl 55 Mercenary Healer