Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0 BiS Gearing and Crit

nbayer
04.16.2013 , 01:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
...Remember, adding alacrity into your stat budget will be at the expense of accuracy, power, crit and/or surge. I really hope that alacrity and crit can be more useful, as a power-only build is pretty boring (and there is a TON of alacrity gear at the vendor)...
Alacrity shares with accuracy and surge
power, crit and I think endurance share

GeckoOBac
04.16.2013 , 07:44 PM | #12
Endurance has its own slot, though ofc it's counted with the other stats against the total stat budget of an item.

That said, preliminary testing (lots and lots of parses) on the PTS showed that mantaining a healthy amount of crit gave the best dps results. I'd say that 250, 300 crit is a safe bet, pending a detailed analysis.
Light Knights: Gecko - Syed - Vor'sann - Joya
Nightmare's Legion: Anhess - Avilus - Wittard - Schroedinger

ArchangelLBC
04.17.2013 , 12:16 AM | #13
Please do get back to us on that. I'm maintaining around a 25% crit rate, but as more gear comes in I'm probably gonna start replacing these enhancements with power over crit. Just the nature of things.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

GeckoOBac
04.17.2013 , 05:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Please do get back to us on that. I'm maintaining around a 25% crit rate, but as more gear comes in I'm probably gonna start replacing these enhancements with power over crit. Just the nature of things.
Easiest way to do it is keep the replace enhancements and when you have a bunch try different configurations against the dummy. 5 minute parses should be stable enough to see what's better, at least roughly.

wishihadaname
04.17.2013 , 12:40 PM | #15
Whats the word on accuracy? Do we still need to be sitting at close to 100% ranged? From what I understand bosses now resist more tech damage so Charged Bolts, HiB, and FA are going to be more important. Also, and this is purely from a pvp perspective, 10%+ alacrity is a must. PVP has a lot of downtime in between bursts, having better 10% better ammo regen lets you burst for more, more often, and with less reliance on reload/reserve powercell.
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

GeckoOBac
04.17.2013 , 12:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by wishihadaname View Post
Whats the word on accuracy? Do we still need to be sitting at close to 100% ranged? From what I understand bosses now resist more tech damage so Charged Bolts, HiB, and FA are going to be more important. Also, and this is purely from a pvp perspective, 10%+ alacrity is a must. PVP has a lot of downtime in between bursts, having better 10% better ammo regen lets you burst for more, more often, and with less reliance on reload/reserve powercell.
Alacrity is very useful in pve as well, though to get 10% alacrity you will have to forego a considerable chunk of surge, once hit 100% accuracy. 7%-8% is a more realistic number with the available gear. Maybe full underworld can get you to 10% alacrity (not sure), doubt full conqueror can get you there though.

100% accuracy was almost mandatory (within certain limits) before. Now bosses resist tech too so it's even more important than before, there is no dps class that can ignore accuracy, though some classes can get considerable bonuses in the form of talents.

ArchangelLBC
04.17.2013 , 02:32 PM | #17
Honestly I'm not wasting a point on alacrity until I see pretty conclusive evidence that it's better. I'm not made of credits, and surge also took a pretty huge hit.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

oaceen
04.17.2013 , 02:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Endurance has its own slot, though ofc it's counted with the other stats against the total stat budget of an item.
endurance competes for power and crit in that when one is higher, the other is lower.

for a lot of enhancements endurance + power OR crit = ~the same across all enhancements of the same name (such-and-such 30, 30A, 30B, etc.)
of course the mods take a slightly different route by buffing main stat as well as endurance, but it still competes for power and crit in that sense as well.

also, on alacrity, for commandos, we get the same extra regen at 9 that we do at 10 (basically every odd percentage)

GeckoOBac
04.17.2013 , 03:50 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
endurance competes for power and crit in that when one is higher, the other is lower.
This is partially inaccurate. All stats compete. Items have a predefined "pool" of stats. Each point of stat goes against that pool, with its own weight. In the case of modded items, the combinations only come in limited, named variations.
unmoddable items are more varied in that, and can even have multiple different stats and slightly more free distribution.

End game gear though is only modded so the overall distribution is predictable.
In particular, regardless of specific stat pool and named variation, any type of "modification" has specific "slots" for attributes: main modifications (Armorings, Barrels, Hilts) have Mainstat + Endurance, Mods have Mainstat + Endurance + Secondary Stat (optional, doesn't appear in low level mods), Enhancements have Endurance + Secondary + Tertiary (optional, doesn't appear in low level mods).

Now, every stat, with its own weight, will be subtracted from the overall stat pool, but due to the slot system, barring bugs, you can't ever have a mod with two secondary stat (there is one notable exception, which is often thought of as a bug as it only happens in 2 tiers of a specific enhancement). That's what I meant when I said that Endurance has its own slot: you can only ever have endurance there. The specific amount will vary depending on the variant of the mod (-, A, B, tanking mods, etc), but nothing can ever be taken instead of endurance, while you have tradeoffs between secondaries and tertiaries (and if the game was made in a way that more than one mainstat was actually useful, you could have tradeoffs there as well).

SafeJungleFever
04.17.2013 , 05:05 PM | #20
Being one of the main raiders in a guild has its upside. I'm overflowing in gear currently and by this weekend should have enough to test out some different configurations. Not surprised that some people are finding SOME crit worth it. As I said, I suspect that the unfactored in surge bonus shifted the curve.

Arch, I get that most classes get a talent like that, but i'm talking about the raw math btwn power and crit.