Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

level 66 mods crap?

Mattmonkey
04.15.2013 , 04:21 AM | #1
So im full dread guard. got to 55 started running the new FP and got this enhancment
Level 66
End 52
Acc 66
Pwr 26

I took a look at my current enhacment
level 63
End 29
Acc 60
Pwr 44

Developers why are you so determined to waste our gear points on endurance? Endurance is useless on DPS classes - yes we need about 20k maybe 25k health so that if we take a hit we dont get 1 shotted. But has noone told you that the point of being a DPS class is to avoid damage while doing DPS.

Its not like we are tanks with great mitigation where the extra 37 points of endurance = quite a lot of survivability. if you put that 37 points of endurace on say a light armoured DPS sage its less than useless.

So i took one look at my new level 66 enhancment and then re-ed it wondering if perhaps its designed to drop cool mats.... ill keep the dread guard till i either get something better itimised or get to a gear level where the wasted endurance does not mean an apparent up grade is actually a down grade.

It would be good to hear from other DPS players about this. are there players that think we need endurance more than power.... maybe the developes will let us know the basis for this approach. i can see that maybe they want those people that did endgame content and got dread guard may want it to last longer...
Lyrik - Guardian
Mogal - Jugg
Lyr - Sentinal

Khevar
04.16.2013 , 09:48 PM | #2
Sounds like you got the Proficient Enhancement 28.

But your current one is an Initiative Enhancement 27.

It's not that the new 66 gear is all crap, it's just that Proficient has always been inferior to Initiative as far as dps goes.

Note that the grade 28 gear is only a minor upgrade from grade 27 gear anyway. You need to be shooting for Arkanian or Underworld.

Initiative Enhancement 30 (Arkanian/Black Market), with a +12 accuracy and +3 power over your current one.
Initiative Enhancement 31 (Underworld/Verpine), with a +19 accuracy and +8 power over your current one.

Amantino
04.19.2013 , 03:36 AM | #3
Might want to compare the same mods before complaining at developers...

Darth_Dreselus
04.22.2013 , 05:02 AM | #4
66s are marginally better than 63s. There is a strange thing with the enhancements though.

63:
something Endurance
44 Secondary
60 Tertiary

66:
something Endurance
43 Secondary
66 Tertiary

It's a weird tradeoff but some stuff can be switched around. Mods are generally better, even if you need to buy one piece of gear over and over for the right mod. Armourings are also better but lack set bonus and will destroy any Tioneese-Rakata set bonus on the gear.

You can pretty much skip the tier and go straight for 69s or 72s. Not sure why 66s even exist.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

Joefjr
04.23.2013 , 12:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
Might want to compare the same mods before complaining at developers...
^^This
PLEASE give us an option to make HK-55 Melee we NEED a melee droid we got plenty of range droids already!
(9 Patches and still not fixed)Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat are Force users comps getting tech power.

Joefjr
04.23.2013 , 12:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
66s are marginally better than 63s. There is a strange thing with the enhancements though.

63:
something Endurance
44 Secondary
60 Tertiary

66:
something Endurance
43 Secondary
66 Tertiary

It's a weird tradeoff but some stuff can be switched around. Mods are generally better, even if you need to buy one piece of gear over and over for the right mod. Armourings are also better but lack set bonus and will destroy any Tioneese-Rakata set bonus on the gear.

You can pretty much skip the tier and go straight for 69s or 72s. Not sure why 66s even exist.
66s are there for people who didn't have full BiS before lvl'ing 50-55 or those who farmed the coms ahead of time. those
PLEASE give us an option to make HK-55 Melee we NEED a melee droid we got plenty of range droids already!
(9 Patches and still not fixed)Veeroa Denz and Choza Raabat are Force users comps getting tech power.