Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tauntaun Wrangler title??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fabious_Aeon
04.15.2013 , 03:34 AM | #1
Is it possible to get the Tauntaun Wrangler title without all ready having the Taunta and Taun Fawn?

Beesodd
04.15.2013 , 03:39 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Fabious_Aeon,

As far as I'm aware, you'll need these for this title. While one is still technically acquirable, I'd imagine the codes are quite rare now. The other will either be available on the account already or not achievable.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Dassvidanja
04.15.2013 , 03:42 AM | #3
You need all 5 (!!!) Tauntaun pets in order to get this.

Taun Fawn
This tauntaun was available from a code given out at the Pax East 2012 convention.

Taunta
This miniature tauntaun can be purchased from the Collector's Edition vendor on each fleet station. The asking price for this adorable guy is a cool 200,000 credits.

Tauntaun Ram
This little guy is a free vanity pet sent out to active subscribers of SWTOR for patch 1.2, which added the Legacy system as well as other updates.

Taunlet
This little tauntaun requires a great deal of time and energy to capture it. Players will need to travel to Hoth to the Glacial Fissure (834, 759) and use the Ice Scrabbler Jerky to make the tauntaun appear. Once it does, then you'll need to use the NVSCCS (non-violent small creature capture system), purchased from the vendor Lain-Ricie on Alderaan, to catch it.

Taunling
This vanity pet can be found by looting the Exotic Animal Crate from the Hoth world boos, Gargath. He can be found on the Calburn Tundra at -2340, 400.

3/5 thus far...

Fabious_Aeon
04.15.2013 , 04:01 AM | #4
Yea i know what is required for it, but how can i possibly get the Taun Fawn when I am from New Zealand and there was no such event here for us to be able to get it?
I find it not fair having an achievement in game that is not possible to get

Fabious_Aeon
04.16.2013 , 01:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Fabious_Aeon,

As far as I'm aware, you'll need these for this title. While one is still technically acquirable, I'd imagine the codes are quite rare now. The other will either be available on the account already or not achievable.
how can i possibly get the Taun Fawn when I am from New Zealand and there was no such event here for us to be able to get it?

fushnchips
04.16.2013 , 01:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabious_Aeon View Post
Yea i know what is required for it, but how can i possibly get the Taun Fawn when I am from New Zealand and there was no such event here for us to be able to get it?
I feel the same Bioware should be providing 1 of these to all Oceanic players due to the location to obtain this tauntaun from Pax was out our reach and then becomes and unfair advantage.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Stoofa
04.16.2013 , 03:24 AM | #7
I guess what needs to be decided is "what makes up an advantage"?
Now, if all people on a server were excluded from getting a tier of armour or something didn't drop for them - then there is a disadvantage that probably needs addressing.
However can it really be classed a "disadvantage" if you are unable to collect a cosmetic pet that would allow you to open a single achievement in a system that doesn't really reward you for achieving things?

AlrikFassbauer
04.16.2013 , 04:39 AM | #8
I think it was the Taun Fawn, for which Codes where given out on the German Games Com as well.

I have such a creature, I think, but I'm not sure whether it translates correctly into "Taun Fawn". The German code sheet only says : "Tauntaun-Haustier".

The code sheets were sold by some people via Ebay Germany shortly after (or even during) the Games Com.

And all in all ... Well, it's just that "Exclusiveness" thing once again, which seems to be so typical for American business ...

Mowermanx
04.16.2013 , 05:21 AM | #9
Have a good long look through all the achievements, theres quite a few in there that 99.9% of the player base will never get.

ChrisMattar
04.16.2013 , 05:54 AM | #10
If you followed SWTOR on twitter you'd get codes they posted them often', so your region doesnt matter.
Alternatively if you're in a guild you're a cool person your guildmates in that area would be more than willing to help and get a code for you.
That's how I go mine and I'm in Asia.
Ás for the Collector Edition one, I will never have that so the rest doesnt matter anyway does it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fabious_Aeon View Post
how can i possibly get the Taun Fawn when I am from New Zealand and there was no such event here for us to be able to get it?