Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanks, dont need an addon only a threat metter.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Tanks, dont need an addon only a threat metter.

excentric
02.02.2012 , 07:37 AM | #41
Why do you need a threatmeter? All you need is a targets-target frame too see who has agro and adapt. ATM u gotta look for some dps starting to loose health, but the game is so trivial that's all it takes.
Threatmeters are not needed.
Deception sin <3

Ephesia
02.02.2012 , 08:00 AM | #42
Threat meter right now is not really necessary, but they should up the threat potential of the tanks. most healers and better geared dps classes will right now easily steal aggro from the tank -- The threat generation of tanks should be upped.

Briggology
07.28.2013 , 04:16 PM | #43
I wouldn't mind a threat meter.
[█▀█▀▀▀▀█]iii[█┘▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Revenaught
07.28.2013 , 07:43 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Threat meter right now is not really necessary, but they should up the threat potential of the tanks. most healers and better geared dps classes will right now easily steal aggro from the tank -- The threat generation of tanks should be upped.
A healer will not steal agro from the tank. The only mobs that will head toward the healer are the ones no one is hitting. That's why the dps should start with the weaks and wipe them out fast while the tank holds the strongest on him. If the dps focuses on the weaks first there should be no way they can rip agro off a decent tank once they start helping burn down the ones he's holding.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

WiththeForc
07.28.2013 , 07:46 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
A healer will not steal agro from the tank. The only mobs that will head toward the healer are the ones no one is hitting. That's why the dps should start with the weaks and wipe them out fast while the tank holds the strongest on him. If the dps focuses on the weaks first there should be no way they can rip agro off a decent tank once they start helping burn down the ones he's holding.
You do know that this post is over a year old right? And that comment was made back when tank threat was horrible and yes, it was really easy to pull threat off of a tank.
Dragonslayer Beastfury the Eternal Warrior From Beyond Conquerer of the Dread Fortress
ZORZ
WORLD FIRST GATE CRASHER
World Third Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Revenaught
07.28.2013 , 08:40 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by WiththeForc View Post
You do know that this post is over a year old right? And that comment was made back when tank threat was horrible and yes, it was really easy to pull threat off of a tank.
didn't look close enough at that date, my bad for that, but the healers have never been able to pull off a tank just by healin. Only mobs that are not being hit by someone will agro the healer. Been that way since game started. Only tank that ever really had agro problems were the Guardians but that's been remedied and even when it was a problem no healer was able to pull agro off a tank by healing.
Mal - Define interesting.

Wash - Oh God. Oh God. We're all gonna die?

Mal - This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence. So we may experience some slight, turbulence...and then explode.

Ephesia
07.29.2013 , 02:40 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Revenaught View Post
didn't look close enough at that date, my bad for that, but the healers have never been able to pull off a tank just by healin. Only mobs that are not being hit by someone will agro the healer. Been that way since game started. Only tank that ever really had agro problems were the Guardians but that's been remedied and even when it was a problem no healer was able to pull agro off a tank by healing.
I was a tank guardian from back then, most of us came from WoW where threat management worked differently in comparison to SWTOR. Due to the similarities between WoW and this game I assumed threat works pretty much the same as well, that's one thing. The other is that for quite a while Tank threat management was seriously low for guardans and it was difficult to tank if you are not properly geared.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

PhaseSpace
07.29.2013 , 03:21 AM | #48
No thanks. I want to play with my judgement, not with my calculator.
Weapons Grade Humanity

Atramar
07.29.2013 , 03:37 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by PhaseSpace View Post
No thanks. I want to play with my judgement, not with my calculator.
I feel same way abotu spell checks.

but no, we don't need threat addon/calculator/meter. It's all good in a hood.L20 is not a tank, untill L 30 nothing is a tank. tank stance doesn't make a tank.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Panzerfire
07.29.2013 , 03:47 AM | #50
While a meter showing you (the tank) at 100% base threat with everyone else in the meter being compared would be nicer to determine a better taunt timing (when someone has 125% of your threat for example), I haven't seen a very precise threat meter yet, it might not even be possible due to data having to be stored in your combat log and then analyzed and compared to the others, if it's .5-1 second late then the use is limited since you can get that close with just estimation without needing the meter.