Biofail, why is there alacrity on my guardian focus offhand?

gofortheko

Seriously brah, why? The only knight that gets any shades of benefit is maybe the sentinel. There is zero reason to lose surge or power or accuracy to alacrity, and forcing offensive guardians to take it is a joke. In fact checking out the entire vindicator set there is not another piece on it that gives alacrity. Who in their not right mind thought 60 alacrity would help in any situation? Edited by gofortheko

correct, but 60 isnt lowering ****, and its the only alacrity on the set.

Correct. Sentinels are in a similar boat. The tiny amount of alacrity isn't going to have a tiny effect, and Knights won't benefit from it anyway, because we depend on abilities that are on separate cool downs (unaffected by alacrity) for focus generation.

Bioware made a big deal about how they were making alacrity more useful for all classes, but at least for Knights, they failed completely.

Seriously brah, why? The only knight that gets any shades of benefit is maybe the sentinel. There is zero reason to lose surge or power or accuracy to alacrity, and forcing offensive guardians to take it is a joke. In fact checking out the entire vindicator set there is not another piece on it that gives alacrity. Who in their not right mind thought 60 alacrity would help in any situation?

More importantly, why the heck is there alacrity on most Guardian TANK gear. Worse still, I'm usually forced to choose between Defence/Alacrity (which is almost always the Defence light enhancement) gear and Shield/Absorb gear (which has minimal value for me now).

Yes, alacrity helps lower the global cool down, but from tests, you gotta sacrifice a lot of acc/srg/pwr too much for the alacrity benifit more than those 3. It's not worth it, at all. I'm currently running some experiments and ill post some numbers in a day or so once I have all the info. But it's not worth it. Boo alacrity

back in the day when tionese was the "starter" set, before higher tiers came out, the itemization sucked. when Black hole first came out (and raiders were griefing over why BH could be gotten for comms, but they had to raid for their campaign gear), the BH itemization sucked. Bio pushes starter gear with sucky itemization so that people will HAVE to itemize in order to Optimize. there words, by the way, not mine.