Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biofail, why is there alacrity on my guardian focus offhand?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Biofail, why is there alacrity on my guardian focus offhand?

gofortheko
04.14.2013 , 10:16 PM | #1
Seriously brah, why? The only knight that gets any shades of benefit is maybe the sentinel. There is zero reason to lose surge or power or accuracy to alacrity, and forcing offensive guardians to take it is a joke. In fact checking out the entire vindicator set there is not another piece on it that gives alacrity. Who in their not right mind thought 60 alacrity would help in any situation?
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

orpheus
04.14.2013 , 10:25 PM | #2
could it be because alacrity also lowers the Global cool down?

gofortheko
04.14.2013 , 10:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
correct, but 60 isnt lowering ****, and its the only alacrity on the set.
Weapon-of War
Powertech - Vanguard - Sorcerer - Sage - Mercenary - Commando - Marauder - Sentinel - Juggernaut - Guardian - Assassin - Shadow - Operative -Scoundrel - Sniper - Gunslinger
Guild: Ghost Infantry Server: The Harbinger

Delta_V
04.14.2013 , 10:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
correct, but 60 isnt lowering ****, and its the only alacrity on the set.
Correct. Sentinels are in a similar boat. The tiny amount of alacrity isn't going to have a tiny effect, and Knights won't benefit from it anyway, because we depend on abilities that are on separate cool downs (unaffected by alacrity) for focus generation.

Bioware made a big deal about how they were making alacrity more useful for all classes, but at least for Knights, they failed completely.

grallmate
04.14.2013 , 11:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gofortheko View Post
Seriously brah, why? The only knight that gets any shades of benefit is maybe the sentinel. There is zero reason to lose surge or power or accuracy to alacrity, and forcing offensive guardians to take it is a joke. In fact checking out the entire vindicator set there is not another piece on it that gives alacrity. Who in their not right mind thought 60 alacrity would help in any situation?
More importantly, why the heck is there alacrity on most Guardian TANK gear. Worse still, I'm usually forced to choose between Defence/Alacrity (which is almost always the Defence light enhancement) gear and Shield/Absorb gear (which has minimal value for me now).
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

Tarurelm
04.15.2013 , 03:18 PM | #6
Yes, alacrity helps lower the global cool down, but from tests, you gotta sacrifice a lot of acc/srg/pwr too much for the alacrity benifit more than those 3. It's not worth it, at all. I'm currently running some experiments and ill post some numbers in a day or so once I have all the info. But it's not worth it. Boo alacrity
Giggle Crits@ The Harbinger
-DPS Vigilance Guardian- Täru Relm
-Sage Heals- Va'shh
-Sorcerer Heals- Nihk

KarathAnno
04.15.2013 , 03:28 PM | #7
Itemization across the board is truly terrible in 2.0. What they really need to do is sell the components (Armoring, Mods, Enchantments, etc) separately like they have started to do with PvP gear.

Elyxin
04.21.2013 , 05:45 PM | #8
back in the day when tionese was the "starter" set, before higher tiers came out, the itemization sucked. when Black hole first came out (and raiders were griefing over why BH could be gotten for comms, but they had to raid for their campaign gear), the BH itemization sucked. Bio pushes starter gear with sucky itemization so that people will HAVE to itemize in order to Optimize. there words, by the way, not mine.

DarknessInLight
04.28.2013 , 11:00 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
It could be this most definitely.
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Luckeyduckey
04.29.2013 , 03:03 PM | #10
Fast Stasis and Masterstrike?
Expløit
Ønslaught
Eradicate